Tourists argue with van driver in S’pore who refused to overload vehicle with their belongings

kobayashiGT

So much space on the roof for the wife and the luggage

the family probably thot the driver wanted to "cheat" them

and ask them to pay for a BIGGER van.

:grin:

image.png.edb840525daffd456a592c8ded71e41d.png

• Haha! 1

My next family trip will be to India

and my MIL will be on the roof.

If she argues I will just ask the driver.

"No problem sir, many many space on the roof for mama.

It will be very safe madam, I am a very safe driver, very safe"

:grin:

image.png.bfdcbb2a3f159097f94d4ceadf4b13e4.png

• Haha! 2

On 1/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, Jusnel said:

indians as indians,  sorry no offence. 

In India, they overload everything from scooters to bikes to cars and even trains.  Ppl are literally sitting on top of trains.  and they think the whole world is like that.

The WORST thing is the van driver is a female, which is a lower class gender in the eyes of Indians.  Primitive thinking but that's so true.

just to add on, speaking from own experience.

They even overload their check in luggage at the airports.

I used to travel quite abit in the past and very often, at the airline counter, i will see them arguing with the airline staff on the weight of the luggage.

Over the weight limit and they refused to pay for additional charges.  And they would start to argue with staff and even themselves, and then start to unpack, take items out and repack, and they do it in few times.  They will try to swap between their luggage, just to get over the weighing machine.

I'm not bias, but everytime i see them in the airport queue, i will go to the next queue line.  9 out of 10 times, the above problem occurs. 

We see this video in this thread and asked ourselves "Can they actually meet the weight limits at the airport check in counter?  They will be doing the exact same thing that i just described and the whole queue will be staring at them"

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

I used to travel quite abit in the past and very often, at the airline counter, i will see them arguing with the airline staff on the weight of the luggage.

Over the weight limit and they refused to pay for additional charges.  And they would start to argue with staff and even themselves, and then start to unpack, take items out and repack, and they do it in few times.  They will try to swap between their luggage, just to get over the weighing machine.

I'm not bias, but everytime i see them in the airport queue, i will go to the next queue line.  9 out of 10 times, the above problem occurs. 

We see this video in this thread and asked ourselves "Can they actually meet the weight limits at the airport check in counter?  They will be doing the exact same thing that i just described and the whole queue will be staring at them"

Sorry, mcf ppl is bizness/1st class/VIP jet one. 

• Haha! 2

We have to understand that in their country, there is  no such thing call overload.

56d08e682e526575008b9e6b.jpeg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Jusnel said:

Me too, even for security check point. The biz traveller type are ok. The whole village group type I siam far far. 

• Haha! 2

On 1/8/2020 at 10:13 AM, Jusnel said:

well , never in Sg. You be identified as a risk and also your behaviour will be duly noted. In some extreme case, the abused behaviour may caused them to missed the flight.

To me, thats the beauty of having a "first " world country framework.

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 7 January, 2020 at 10:07 PM, Jamesc said:

This one then overloaded.

image.png.41c4bed8de83f277ac626cca83323b94.png

The bus / lorry has been badly assaulted, abused and poorly maintained, one fine day will surely breakdown

I dont hate nor disliked such ppl except their cultural differences and lifestyles copied form their forefathers . their population is one of the biggest in the world yet living in a country needs loads of education when travelling abroad, thy see one thing yet practise another. [hur]

19 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

The bus / lorry has been badly assaulted, abused and poorly maintained, one fine day will surely breakdown

thats a low budget rocket launcher from Chennai  to avoid satellite detection. 

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 1/8/2020 at 11:11 AM, Ct3833 said:

We have to understand that in their country, there is  no such thing call overload.

56d08e682e526575008b9e6b.jpeg

i wonder how many fall under the wheels yearly.....

9 hours ago, Playtime said:

i wonder how many fall under the wheels yearly.....

......The ageing network is underfunded. More than 33,700 people died in train-related accidents in 2015, the most recent year national data has been published, most by falling from overcrowded trains or being hit along the tracks......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/india-railway-walls-tracks-deaths

But look at it from another perspective, India has more than 1 billion population, 33,700 over a billion is only 0.003%. And remember,  their train. Network is very long because of their large country,  if you are the government, will you spend huge sum of money to solve a 0.003% issue ? 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

......The ageing network is underfunded. More than 33,700 people died in train-related accidents in 2015, the most recent year national data has been published, most by falling from overcrowded trains or being hit along the tracks......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/india-railway-walls-tracks-deaths

But look at it from another perspective, India has more than 1 billion population, 33,700 over a billion is only 0.003%. And remember,  their train. Network is very long because of their large country,  if you are the government, will you spend huge sum of money to solve a 0.003% issue ? 

Wow.... 33k... still a mind boggling number 😱

↡ Advertisement