Singapore Motorshow 9 - 12 Jan 2020

alfakidz85

21 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

I been to once only and thought of going to this year one but no point since I got a used car already and wont be interested or able to afford new car even with supposingly better deals at motor show for over trade.

The one time i went is go admire the new shiny cars and see uncles ogle and wanting to take pics of race queen.

The Russ Swift show wasnt that bad but is the same tricks every time. See once is enough le. I dont think i am gutsy enough to ride inside the car when he do the stunt though.

I rmb that year after visting the car show, i felt damn poor and useless cause cannot afford the downpayment for any cars! Lol. Just go and act rich and collect the freebies like tote bags. Lol!!!!😥

6 dollars only. Just go see look. Cannot afford never mind. At least you still own a car

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

With our tiny market and stupid tax policies that penalizes tech advancement , no manufacturers will be keen to supply us with their latest showcase products... we either get it really late (like 2 yrs late), or eventually nothing at all. 

See Peugeot 508 sedan... where is it? It was shown during the last motor show but became vapour ware after that. Oh yeah, full size ladder frame SUV are the in thing these days. No body wants a sedan la.

Prob that explains it. 

In Sg, non branded conti is in a no mans land

Badge whores won't buy a Pug, Renault, Citroen, Ford, Seat, Skoda, etc

Non-badge whores who juz want A to B transport will buy the usual,  predictable sushi or kimchi

Liddat how?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

With our tiny market and stupid tax policies that penalizes tech advancement , no manufacturers will be keen to supply us with their latest showcase products... we either get it really late (like 2 yrs late), or eventually nothing at all. 

See Peugeot 508 sedan... where is it? It was shown during the last motor show but became vapour ware after that. Oh yeah, full size ladder frame SUV are the in thing these days. No body wants a sedan la.

Prob that explains it. 

Not true. The latest cars actually come in quite fast and early, it's just lta homologation very slow. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Soya said:

Non-badge whores who juz want A to B transport will buy the usual,  predictable sushi or kimchi

Liddat how?

Also doesn't help that these non-branded conti, like their branded counterparts also produce long list of (un)reliability stories shared by the aggrieved owners in coffeeshops and forums.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Buadongdong said:

Wah Bro, you consider really quite long leh.. From City pre-facelift, until facelifted, until now got new City model liao.. haven't make up your mind ah??

My current car I think for four years.  Only bought cos last unit liao.  Cannot think some more. :D

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Not true. The latest cars actually come in quite fast and early, it's just lta homologation very slow. 

I like the part that every iteration of specs change re homogation. So if you add lane assist homogation. If previously got lane assist and now no more competitive, re homogation.

These homos are killing the market .. 🤣

19 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

My current car I think for four years.  Only bought cos last unit liao.  Cannot think some more. :D

Now new city model come out liao. The last 4cylinder City will be gone soon.. Decide soon. Unless you want the 3cylinder version of City then can wait some more.

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Buadongdong said:

Now new city model come out liao. The last 4cylinder City will be gone soon.. Decide soon. Unless you want the 3cylinder version of City then can wait some more.

The new Honda City is longer and wider than the fourth-generation mid-size sedan.

The 2020 Honda City features an 8-inch advanced touchscreen infotainment system.

The Thai-spec City gets a 1.0-litre, DOHC, 3-cylinder, 12-valve, PGM-Fi, turbo engine. 👍

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Buadongdong said:

I told the accent WhatsApp group also.  I am equally capable of two things. 

Tomorrow I go car fair and plong the down payment. 

Or 2027 still be here talking about my plan to buy a honda city.  :D

• Haha! 4

10 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Lol.. Let me know when you get your City. Then I can add u to the WA chat grp.. and welcome u to become a Cityzen

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Also doesn't help that these non-branded conti, like their branded counterparts also produce long list of (un)reliability stories shared by the aggrieved owners in coffeeshops and forums.

There may be some truths to conti having a few more bugs

But not to the extent that I would rather drive a snooze box everyday than putting up w some bugs once in a while. For example, ppl kpkb Audi engine burn EO maciam it drinks 1L everyday.  In reality, maybe top up 0.5L every 2-3 months. Big deal lah. 0.5L oil onli how much? Dunno how to open bonnet and oil cap meh?

Anyway, Jap or kimchi oso not bug-proof nowadays.....

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Soya said:

Liddat how?

There are always the lower end X1 BMW,  A3 Audi, A200 Mecrs to consider for those who need the status.

Those Pug etc cannot make it in terms of conferring status on the owner.

any regular for the russ swift stunt show, children below 1.2m can get the free show ticket as they don't pay admission fee?

2 hours ago, Tcx607 said:

The new Honda City is longer and wider than the fourth-generation mid-size sedan.

The 2020 Honda City features an 8-inch advanced touchscreen infotainment system.

The Thai-spec City gets a 1.0-litre, DOHC, 3-cylinder, 12-valve, PGM-Fi, turbo engine. 👍

The new city is a 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo engine ah?! :o

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Maybe Honda will have good deals for the current city since new city will be coming soon? Then no need until 2027 still talking about your plan to buy city liao. Lol.

40 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

There are always the lower end X1 BMW,  A3 Audi, A200 Mecrs to consider for those who need the status.

Those Pug etc cannot make it in terms of conferring status on the owner. 

It surely confers the status of bravery for the owner. That's a good thing.

14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The new city is a 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo engine ah?! :o

Its the norm nowadays. U see many 3 cylinders engine coming out due to emission regulations around the world. Just keep your mind open and go for a test drive. If it's really bad, then don't buy lor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1