Singapore Motorshow 9 - 12 Jan 2020

alfakidz85

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

That's y I say OT is usually for premium brands. 

Not true, the price that they quoted before OT booster is similar to other car makes (my ex colleagues and myself don't blindly go PML only and get a quote). 

With regards to cash discount, usually you won't get as much as the value when u do overtrade. That is why I say, you will have to do your sums. Sometimes its more worth it to take the cash discount and then sell your current ride by yourself.

If you bought your BMW from PML, you would know that the OT and cash discount they give you is usually not the same.

The list price is high with an OT primarily for loan purpose

U are absolutely right, do the sums, separate used car price from actual nett new car price and make a decision

Many would have preferred a more transparent system where actual nett car price is clearly indicated. Any one who has bought a new car in USA will appreciate that. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

19 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Ur maths salah: $1500 is 20% of $7500

most ppl here full cash so no monthly installment so its more like $700 monthly which means $3.5k income can buy car liao 🤣🤣

Your calculation is gross pay. His calculation is actual take home pay.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Somtimes must consider if one can humanely and physically fit into the attrage.

The buyer may be physically too large or big size to fit into the attrage.[grin]

Maybe ego, rather than physical size is too big.  Cannot be seen driving attrage. 

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Vote pap, then complain cost of living high 

Don't always bring this into the topic? 😑 I was one of the 70% who voted for the PAP FYI. Not proud of it but it doesn't have to be on every thread and subject and what's not. 

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Ur maths salah: $1500 is 20% of $7500

most ppl here full cash so no monthly installment so its more like $700 monthly which means $3.5k income can buy car liao 🤣🤣

@Rickster was referring to 20% of take home pay, not gross salary.

44 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Don't always bring this into the topic? 😑 I was one of the 70% who voted for the PAP FYI. Not proud of it but it doesn't have to be on every thread and subject and what's not. 

live a life with short regret, but remember it for a long time.

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, Spring said:

I got a better quote from outside dealer compared to PML and an even better price selling directly but selling direct is not a fair comparison.

To be fair to PML, they are not the only AD giving not so good quotes, C&C even worse if through Republic Auto n that's why the better C&C SEs try to get quotes from other dealers. Your r right that cash discounts are normally lower than OT which exactly proves my point that OT is not exactly true which was the crux of my post actually.

Yes have to do homework and sums and that's another point I'm trying to share esp to other MCFers who shld not be taken in just by the nice OT. Cheers...

can Cycle SE go outside ? 

i thought Republic Auto (RA) is the official resell arm for Cycle?

aka when you trade in your old car to purchase a new one, Cycle SE die die must go through RA ? 

reason, i only seen RA staff walking ard inside Cycle showroom, not other random dealer 

please correct me if i am wrong

16 hours ago, Spring said:

Don't get taken in by this OT. Premium brands price their cars high and that's why they can give u OT. Most B&B cars are not priced in this way n hence no OT from them.

And the price they quote for your Used car is normally lower than market but it "looks" a good price cos of the OT booster. Try asking PML to give u a cash discount equivalent to OT and sell your car yourself (quite sure car quotz will give u better even if u don't bother to sell direct).

BTW, I'm a BMW owner myself.

How about taking up OT for a scap car? If i trade in my going to scrap used car, i wonder if they will offer me OT. I guess that will be ideal situation. Haha..

10 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

How about taking up OT for a scap car? If i trade in my going to scrap used car, i wonder if they will offer me OT. I guess that will be ideal situation. Haha..

I tried asking that for C&C Kia and Mitsubishi early last year and the answer was no as u need to own the car for at least 3 or 6mths I can't quite remember, so immediate transfer is not allowed. Not sure if C&C Benz or other ADs allows this though.

• Praise 3

14 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Somtimes must consider if one can humanely and physically fit into the attrage.

The buyer may be physically too large or big size to fit into the attrage.[grin]

While the attrage may be quite narrow, but due to the high headroom, it makes the car feel spacious. No problem sitting 4 slightly plus sized local males - but nothing more.

14 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Bare min cost of car ownership a mth is at least $1500 for a bread and butter Jap car, inclusive monthly installment, parking, road tax, insurance, petrol, and maintenance.

Based on 20% of take home pay, that means you need a minimum monthly of $9,500 to own a basic car.

Don't think many car owners earn this princely sum.

Many easily spend 30-40% of their monthly income on a car, and this excludes the housing loan installment. 

But heck! You only live once!

Actually, many husband and wife couples that I know actually share cost for the car also, so it's not that far fetched if u see it this way.

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

aka when you trade in your old car to purchase a new one, Cycle SE die die must go through RA ? 

reason, i only seen RA staff walking ard inside Cycle showroom, not other random dealer 

I'm not sure of the exact rule but I did hear an C&C Benz SE who openly told a perspective buyer he would source for better price from outside dealer. I believe the outside dealer doesn't come to the showroom but the details of the car, general condition, mileage etc will be assessed by the SE n communicated via phone to the dealer, I suppose on a trust basis.

Anyway, u shld do your homework and hv an idea what market is offering for your car before you listen to their OT deals etc so as not to be taken in by their so called "attractive deals". 

• Praise 4

25 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

I think it depends on the type of car that is traded in. Those that are in good condition and with market demand, maybe RA will take over. But those that are COE car or not in demand models, probably other dealers take.

Cos when I bought my Audi, the PA reseller did not take over my car, instead its an outside dealer who took in my hyundai. But when I bought my second Audi, it was PA reseller who took in my Toyota cos they have a ready buyer for my Toyota already.

I went from Hyundai -> Audi -> Toyota -> Audi.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I think it depends on the type of car that is traded in. Those that are in good condition and with market demand, maybe RA will take over. But those that are COE car or not in demand models, probably other dealers take.

Cos when I bought my Audi, the PA reseller did not take over my car, instead its an outside dealer who took in my hyundai. But when I bought my second Audi, it was PA reseller who took in my Toyota cos they have a ready buyer for my Toyota already.

How many Audi do you have now ?😄😄

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Rickster said:

While the attrage may be quite narrow, but due to the high headroom, it makes the car feel spacious. No problem sitting 4 slightly plus sized local males - but nothing more.

Headroom is not the only consideration. Whether you can actually drive the car also matters.

For e.g, I will not be able to drive the car if there is no sufficient height between the steering wheel and the floor. Quite a few crossovers, there wasnt  such sufficient height. Whenever I shifted from accelerator to brake pedal or vis versa, my knee will hit the steering wheel. So if I shift from accelerator to brake pedal, my knee will hit the steering wheel and steer the car to the right. Then when I shift from brake to accelerator pedal, my knee will hit the steering wheel and steer the car to the left.

It is extremely dangerous if driving on expressway speed and will cause an accident instantly out of the showroom. So will not even bother to test drive these cars. 

There are a lot more considerations for ppl like me who are physically out of the norm.

• Haha! 5

7 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Headroom is not the only consideration. Whether you can actually drive the car also matters.

For e.g, I will not be able to drive the car if there is no sufficient height between the steering wheel and the floor. Quite a few crossovers, there wasnt  such sufficient height. Whenever I shifted from accelerator to brake pedal or vis versa, my knee will hit the steering wheel. So if I shift from accelerator to brake pedal, my knee will hit the steering wheel and steer the car to the right. Then when I shift from brake to accelerator pedal, my knee will hit the steering wheel and steer the car to the left.

It is extremely dangerous if driving on expressway speed and will cause an accident instantly out of the showroom. So will not even bother to test drive these cars. 

There are a lot more considerations for ppl like me who are physically out of the norm. 

Oh ya, I remember u mentioning somewhere u r very tall.

So you got an Audi Q3,4,5 or7? I'm really like the new Q3. I was considering the older Q3, but I cannot accept the interior design.

20 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

ready buyer for a COE allion must probably be a dealer or a grab rental company.

↡ Advertisement