Singapore Motorshow 9 - 12 Jan 2020

alfakidz85

3 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Oh ya, I remember u mentioning somewhere u r very tall.

So you got an Audi Q3,4,5 or7? I'm really like the new Q3. I was considering the older Q3, but I cannot accept the interior design.

There is no Q4.[laugh]

The Q3 has this problem for me. Definitely Q3 out for me. Went to try it at the motorshow. 

Q5 was ok for me.

Q7 no problem.

Q8 also no problem.

Wait for the Q3 Sportsback. Very chio car. Just wonder if it has the same problem for me as the regular Q3.

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

ready buyer for a COE allion must probably be a dealer or a grab rental company.

I dont know who the actual buyer was. But I was amazed that a COE Allion is in demand!!!

Whereas my 6 year old problem free Hyundai i45 has no demand.

Edited by Adrianli

9 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I dont know who the actual buyer was. But I was amazed that a COE Allion is in demand!!!

Whereas my 6 year old problem free Hyundai i45 has no demand.

Maybe korean cars no matter what model also dont have much demand as compared with jap cars?

45 minutes ago, Spring said:

I'm not sure of the exact rule but I did hear an C&C Benz SE who openly told a perspective buyer he would source for better price from outside dealer. I believe the outside dealer doesn't come to the showroom but the details of the car, general condition, mileage etc will be assessed by the SE n communicated via phone to the dealer, I suppose on a trust basis.

Anyway, u shld do your homework and hv an idea what market is offering for your car before you listen to their OT deals etc so as not to be taken in by their so called "attractive deals". 

thanks for your reply, as far as i know (and checked with a few merc owners), RA is the first stop, they will do the paperwork and buy over from you.

if good condition, with real mileage and no major modifications (non-tune cars) they will take in and give you 1 yr warranty (under RA/ Cycle if Merc) 

if less optimal cars, they throw out to other third party dealers.

aka, RA only keep the very best to sell.

Edited by TeamAMG69
typo

16 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

thanks for your reply, as far as i know (and checked with a few merc owners), RA is the first stop, they will do the paperwork and buy over from you.

if good condition, with real mileage and no major modifications (non-tune cars) they will take in and give you 1 yr warranty (under RA/ Cycle if Merc) 

if less optimal cars, they throw out to other third party dealers.

aka, RA only keep the very best to sell.

RA wants to take in the best but offer the lowest, speaks volumes[thumbsdown]

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

There is no Q4.[laugh]

The Q3 has this problem for me. Definitely Q3 out for me. Went to try it at the motorshow. 

Q5 was ok for me.

Q7 no problem.

Q8 also no problem.

Wait for the Q3 Sportsback. Very chio car. Just wonder if it has the same problem for me as the regular Q3.

What's wrong with Q3? Is Q3 a basic SUV like Q2?

4 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

What's wrong with Q3? Is Q3 a basic SUV like Q2?

Its only a problem for ppl like me with long legs and sitting more upright, thus knee will hit the steering wheel.

20 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

Don't always bring this into the topic? 😑 I was one of the 70% who voted for the PAP FYI. Not proud of it but it doesn't have to be on every thread and subject and what's not. 

Everytime a mod commented on his post, he will quietly & cowardly withdraw into his shell. We should really look into banning ppl like this fellow who has no value himself. If cant find anything gd to post, even silence can be golden. Really wonder what kinda character this person has in reality.

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

Everytime a mod commented on his post, he will quietly & cowardly withdraw into his shell. We should really look into banning ppl like this fellow who has no value himself. If cant find anything gd to post, even silence can be golden. Really wonder what kinda character this person has in reality.

In reality I am a better person than you.

Internal Moderator

No need for personal attacks @RogerNg_185295 @Unfazed

Its a car show thread. Let's not bring politics into it. Life is tough for many, regardless of whether you're in the 70% or 30%. 

Let's move on. 

Rather the debate be about Venue vs Seltos vs Stonic. 

• Praise 8

30 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Its a car show thread. Let's not bring politics into it. Life is tough for many, regardless of whether you're in the 70% or 30%. 

Let's move on. 

Ya....personal attack spotted.  You very sharp.

I've been driving longer than most on this forum, I would guess, I've owned MG, Ford, Triumph, BMW, Toyota, Kia.  Only the MG gave me a problem and that was nearly 50 years ago.

I've liked all the cars I've owned and can't think of one with a bad point except maybe the Triumph and the BMW which had sun roofs which I didn't really like.

So why do so many here believe or want a Continental car rather than one designed and made in the FE.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

Let's move on. 

Hi

• Haha! 2

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Maybe korean cars no matter what model also dont have much demand as compared with jap cars?

hi

based on LTA released numbers today (total 2019 vehicle sales figures by brand)

KDM Brand

Hyundai - 5,618

KIA - 4,227

JDM Brand (exclude Honda & Toyota)

Mazda - 3,095

Subaru - 1,261

Mitsubishi - 3,020

Nissan - 2,405

Suzuki - 467

Mitsubishi - 3,020

it is very clear that Singapore love KDM 

LTA figures don't lie 

the above figures may be quite shocking to many Singaporeans (esp those with old skool thinking) 

14 hours ago, Spring said:

RA wants to take in the best but offer the lowest, speaks volumes[thumbsdown]

The C&C Se all have to get an offer for your used car from RA . If Heng Heng after the overtrade , the customer accepts , then RA will buy it . If the buyer makes noise about the usual very Low value for your used car , and if your SE wants your sale and contact their own network of used car dealers , RA will more often than not match the higher price that those dealers offers . 

The AD used car division not only make money from selling those trade in cars to their own private buyers , they from time to time hold those auctions for their remaining stock for outside used car dealers to buy over those cars that are not in very good conditions and they again do make good money from it Lor .

due to the over trade practice that most AD practices , lots of used car dealers cannot find enough used cars to buy and sell .

These used car dealers needs to buy cars to so that they have cars to sell ..

so AD these days jin ho tan Lor .... New cars , old cars , used cars they also make good money from it .

• Praise 5

6 hours ago, Hubwee said:

The C&C Se all have to get an offer for your used car from RA . If Heng Heng after the overtrade , the customer accepts , then RA will buy it . If the buyer makes noise about the usual very Low value for your used car , and if your SE wants your sale and contact their own network of used car dealers , RA will more often than not match the higher price that those dealers offers . 

The AD used car division not only make money from selling those trade in cars to their own private buyers , they from time to time hold those auctions for their remaining stock for outside used car dealers to buy over those cars that are not in very good conditions and they again do make good money from it Lor .

due to the over trade practice that most AD practices , lots of used car dealers cannot find enough used cars to buy and sell .

These used car dealers needs to buy cars to so that they have cars to sell ..

so AD these days jin ho tan Lor .... New cars , old cars , used cars they also make good money from it .

Hi 

dun say never share, this is one of the more famous little tricks, old birds use to get better OT. 

go to direct competitor across the street literally (BMW / AUDI), get the OT / Trade in price of your old car and show your Cycle AD SE what they are offering. 

tell your SE if you dun match or do better, I walk over now with the cheque.

If you are really sincere and realistic with the additional discount amount, 99% Cycle AD will match or even do better. But again, also depends on your r/s with your SE. Repeat and regular customers who upgrade every 3/4 years help.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1