Singapore Motorshow 9 - 12 Jan 2020

alfakidz85

11 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

hi

based on LTA released numbers today (total 2019 vehicle sales figures by brand)

KDM Brand

Hyundai - 5,618

KIA - 4,227

JDM Brand (exclude Honda & Toyota)

Mazda - 3,095

Subaru - 1,261

Mitsubishi - 3,020

Nissan - 2,405

Suzuki - 467

Mitsubishi - 3,020

it is very clear that Singapore love KDM 

LTA figures don't lie 

the above figures may be quite shocking to many Singaporeans (esp those with old skool thinking) 

Ermmm... Why must exclude Honda and Toyota ah?? if you are comparing the pride of kimchis vs pride of sushi, you should be taking Honda and Toyota into the picture rather than the rest. Because Honda alone would have accounted for 15k+ sales. Not saying Kimchis are bad cars. But the comparison is a bit biased.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Rickster said:

Actually, many husband and wife couples that I know actually share cost for the car also, so it's not that far fetched if u see it this way.

Not suitable to share lah .. just do the husband duty to pay for the car easier.. but do share the duty of household chores if you don’t have a maid 

14 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

No need for personal attacks @RogerNg_185295 @Unfazed

Its a car show thread. Let's not bring politics into it. Life is tough for many, regardless of whether you're in the 70% or 30%. 

Let's move on. 

Rather the debate be about Venue vs Seltos vs Stonic. 

My vote is

1)Venue 2)Stonic 3)Seltos

Seltos is last by virtue of it being priced more than $20k more than the other 2. Hard fight between Venue and Stonic but I would just about plump for Venue being new and more spacious (I think). Also, Hyundai AD is more flexible than C&C who have a lot of T&C when purchasing. 

• Praise 5

33 minutes ago, Spring said:

My vote is

1)Venue 2)Stonic 3)Seltos

Seltos is last by virtue of it being priced more than $20k more than the other 2. Hard fight between Venue and Stonic but I would just about plump for Venue being new and more spacious (I think). Also, Hyundai AD is more flexible than C&C who have a lot of T&C when purchasing. 

Is the size of venue look bigger than stonic? I find stonic looks more like a hatchback but just a raise up version only. [:p]

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Is the size of venue look bigger than stonic? I find stonic looks more like a hatchback but just a raise up version only. [:p]

Venue is taller n maybe the pleasant interior makes it look bigger n yes I also find Stonic more of a HB n that’s why I say I think Venue is bigger. Venue visually looks bigger to me but maybe hv to get 3 guys seated at the back of both cars to test. 

The only drawback of Venue is that the car is light but the plus point of this would be good pick up n good FC. 

• Praise 4

4 hours ago, Buadongdong said:

Ermmm... Why must exclude Honda and Toyota ah?? if you are comparing the pride of kimchis vs pride of sushi, you should be taking Honda and Toyota into the picture rather than the rest. Because Honda alone would have accounted for 15k+ sales. Not saying Kimchis are bad cars. But the comparison is a bit biased.

kimchi car is not bad.

but sg buy kimchi, cos they love kimchi over sushi? or because that kimchi cost cheaper??

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Venue is taller n maybe the pleasant interior makes it look bigger n yes I also find Stonic more of a HB n that’s why I say I think Venue is bigger. Venue visually looks bigger to me but maybe hv to get 3 guys seated at the back of both cars to test. 

The only drawback of Venue is that the car is light but the plus point of this would be good pick up n good FC. 

Light steering? I also have the impression that venue looks similar to kona.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Light steering? I also have the impression that venue looks similar to kona.

What I meant by light is the weight of the car feels light to me hence the pickup n FC is good but of course don't expect to corner fast. I'm not sure if Kona is bigger cos I don't see much Kona anymore. Anyway for a sub $90k car with quite a no. of features and 6 airbags, I think it's "mai hiam buay pai"

• Praise 8

9 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

Hi 

The C&C Se all have to get an offer for your used car from RA . If Heng Heng after the overtrade , the customer accepts , then RA will buy it . If the buyer makes noise about the usual very Low value for your used car , and if your SE wants your sale and contact their own network of used car dealers , RA will more often than not match the higher price that those dealers offers .

dun say never share, this is one of the more famous little tricks, old birds use to get better OT. 

go to direct competitor across the street literally (BMW / AUDI), get the OT / Trade in price of your old car and show your Cycle AD SE what they are offering. 

tell your SE if you dun match or do better, I walk over now with the cheque.

If you are really sincere and realistic with the additional discount amount, 99% Cycle AD will match or even do better. But again, also depends on your r/s with your SE. Repeat and regular customers who upgrade every 3/4 years help.

Think the walking over to Audi / BMW or other brands only works for those B&B range ....

Last 10 years , have brought at least 8 cars from them so am pretty sure the walking over to other brands will not help my case as most of the time , they help to indent my cars .  

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

hi

KDM Brand

Hyundai - 5,618

KIA - 4,227

Mazda - 3,095

Subaru - 1,261

Mitsubishi - 3,020

Nissan - 2,405

Suzuki - 467

Mitsubishi - 3,020

LTA figures don't lie 

the above figures may be quite shocking to many Singaporeans (esp those with old skool thinking) 

How is this a basis for comparison when you've conveniently left out 27k cars with Honda and Toyota? 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Beregond said:

kimchi car is not bad.

but sg buy kimchi, cos they love kimchi over sushi? or because that kimchi cost cheaper??

A Kia Cerato / Hyundai Avante with same specs as the Toyota Altis but costs $20K less - which would you choose?

But there will always be Toyota die hard fans who are willing to pay $20K extra for the perceived value in a Toyota

32 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

A Kia Cerato / Hyundai Avante with same specs as the Toyota Altis but costs $20K less - which would you choose?

But there will always be Toyota die hard fans who are willing to pay $20K extra for the perceived value in a Toyota

I really curious to know the reason? But i guess even though the specs are same but maybe the drive, comfort etc of the cars are different? Just like many people always say conti car drive/handle better than jap car? The feel and the ride is not same?!

Till today, many perceive that Korean cars are a class below and break down easily, or they do not want to be seen driving a Korean car because it is disgraceful.

Korean cars drive like conti cars due to the weight and the compromise is higher fuel consumption than Jap cars.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Vinceng said:

i ask u another way, if now the altis is price the same as a  cerato or avante.

which will u choose?😁 or will most ppl choose

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/16/2020 at 9:57 PM, TeamAMG69 said:

hi

KDM Brand

Hyundai - 5,618

KIA - 4,227

Mazda - 3,095

Subaru - 1,261

Mitsubishi - 3,020

Nissan - 2,405

Suzuki - 467

Mitsubishi - 3,020

LTA figures don't lie 

Your method of calculation is wrong.

Hyundai and KIA are the 2 only brands that represent Korea. Although there are other brand such as SsangYong Motor etc, I believe most people don't even give a look at it.

However there are more car brands from Japan.

Using your method of calculation,

Add Hyundai - 5,618 with KIA - 4,227 = 9,845 for Korea.

Add Mazda - 3,095 + Mitsubishi - 3,020 + Nissan - 2.405 + Subaru - 1,261 + Suzuki - 467 =10,248 for Japan.

You also left out Infiniti - 162 which is the luxury division of Nissan.

Even if you exclude Honda 15,205, Toyota 12,923 and Infiniti - 162.

10,248 - 9,845 = 403

The total number of Japan cars sold still surpass the number of Korea cars sold.

LTA figures don't lie.

Just Honda or Toyota alone, the number of car sold surpass both Hyundai and KIA add together.

Because there are more brands and car models from Japan to choose from compare to Korea. So the numbers of car sold for individual Japan brand is lower compared to Korea because they are spread out.

When a person want to buy a Korea car, most likely it will be either a Hyundai or a KIA. But it will be a different story for a person who want to buy a Japan car.

So it doesn't mean that Singaporeans love Korea cars. It's because of the price that's all.

If the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla Altis, Hyundai Avante and KIA Cerato are selling at the same price. Do you think the Hyundai Avante or KIA Cerato stand a chance?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2