Singapore Motorshow 9 - 12 Jan 2020

alfakidz85

7 hours ago, Cheesepiekia said:

Your method of calculation is wrong.

Hyundai and KIA are the 2 only brands that represent Korea. Although there are other brand such as SsangYong Motor etc, I believe most people don't even give a look at it.

However there are more car brands from Japan.

Using your method of calculation,

Add Hyundai - 5,618 with KIA - 4,227 = 9,845 for Korea.

Add Mazda - 3,095 + Mitsubishi - 3,020 + Nissan - 2.405 + Subaru - 1,261 + Suzuki - 467 =10,248 for Japan.

You also left out Infiniti - 162 which is the luxury division of Nissan.

Even if you exclude Honda 15,205, Toyota 12,923 and Infiniti - 162.

10,248 - 9,845 = 403

The total number of Japan cars sold still surpass the number of Korea cars sold.

LTA figures don't lie.

Just Honda or Toyota alone, the number of car sold surpass both Hyundai and KIA add together.

Because there are more brands and car models from Japan to choose from compare to Korea. So the numbers of car sold for individual Japan brand is lower compared to Korea because they are spread out.

When a person want to buy a Korea car, most likely it will be either a Hyundai or a KIA. But it will be a different story for a person who want to buy a Japan car.

So it doesn't mean that Singaporeans love Korea cars. It's because of the price that's all.

If the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla Altis, Hyundai Avante and KIA Cerato are selling at the same price. Do you think the Hyundai Avante or KIA Cerato stand a chance?

Korean cars are for buyers who cannot afford or do not wish to pay more for jap cars.

Korean cars still have higher status than perodua cars in spore.

↡ Advertisement

End of the day, it is a personal choice. Each and every car have their perks as well as imperfections, so buyer will make their choice basing on which one tick the most box, in accordance to their priorities, preferences and perceived value. No right or wrong here.

Just like choosing a husband or wife, if everyone go for the handsome/beauty, super rich or those with heart of gold only, then the remaining 80 - 90% of the man/woman on the street will be left on shelve forever.

And my point is, don't need to try proving a particular brand or model is popular, or belittling any other brand or model. You happy with your choice and let others be happy with theirs. Period.

• Praise 15
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

End of the day, it is a personal choice. Each and every car have their perks as well as imperfections, so buyer will make their choice basing on which one tick the most box, in accordance to their priorities, preferences and perceived value. No right or wrong here.

Just like choosing a husband or wife, if everyone go for the handsome/beauty, super rich or those with heart of gold only, then the remaining 80 - 90% of the man/woman on the street will be left on shelve forever.

And my point is, don't need to try proving a particular brand or model is popular, or belittling any other brand or model. You happy with your choice and let others be happy with theirs. Period.

Well said Bro

At least for cars, can always change every year or every few years if not happy with them 

Furthermore, every model gets better and better too 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

I don't mind getting a not handsome/beauty, super rich or those with heart of gold car as its only a 10 year relationship.

Cos its not only me that will ride her but other people also will ride her and bad people will bang her and she will have many dinks and dangs here and there so she won't be a beauty forever.

And hopefully she won't kenna hit and run.

😀

• Haha! 3

Now I am looking for an old model, not popular and left on the shelf also never mind.

As long as can get a good price. I will always give her bubble baths and doing waxing on her myself.

Anyone know any models stock clearing with big discounts can pm me.

Thanks

😀

I am open to models from Thailand and Malaysia and Korea or Japan but not too keen on China or India.

Westerner are out for me. I only have Asian values.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

On 1/17/2020 at 10:16 PM, Beregond said:

i ask u another way, if now the altis is price the same as a  cerato or avante.

which will u choose?😁 or will most ppl choose

Let's wait till it snows in Singapore and I will tell you the answer. ☺️

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Now I am looking for an old model, not popular and left on the shelf also never mind.

😀

I am open to models from Thailand and Malaysia and Korea or Japan but not too keen on China or India.

Westerner are out for me. I only have Asian values.

Hello uncle (or was it auntie) James, I value your contribution in MCF, so please don't get yourself into trouble under the Fair Consideration Framework and have all of us miss your MIL joke please. 

What do you mean by having Asian values and yet NOT keen on China or India? That is a form of discrimination against the 2 countries OK?! 🤣🤣 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 3