Pritam Singh asked Chan Chun Sing whether is PAP releasing the amount of jobs between locals and foreigners

5 hours ago, Playtime said:

Why 2015?.. 

81254948_10159827773503849_455445637807210496_n.png

We also need to understand the data definition of "unemployment" .

From what I have heard, Maybe PFOMA , if you have 5000 Singaporean stay constant unemployed for 1 year. Even IF you dont lay a finger, the calculation will take away 2500 at the 6 months period. 

That means the unemployment rate had gone down by 50% at the 6 months period.

We should instead ask, those in WSG, how many manage to find a job after 3 months, 6 months and 9 months. Since WSG is actively helping the people of Singapore and PRs.

Also important is the salary range of this figures.

From 3 to 7K job how many lost their Job and how many found. From 7001 to 15,000 how many manage to find a same range job after they lost their job?

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

43 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I didn't understand why and what so difficult to release the numbers of citizen and PR against FT. Are these info confidential or PDPA

Yet... cpf can publish full details of citizen if it had the upper hand. So much for pdpa.

People just want a level transparent playing field. 

• Praise 3

12 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

We also need to understand the data definition of "unemployment" .

From what I have heard, Maybe PFOMA , if you have 5000 Singaporean stay constant unemployed for 1 year. Even IF you dont lay a finger, the calculation will take away 2500 at the 6 months period. 

That means the unemployment rate had gone down by 50% at the 6 months period.

We should instead ask, those in WSG, how many manage to find a job after 3 months, 6 months and 9 months. Since WSG is actively helping the people of Singapore and PRs.

Well someone has to drive the phv... so many pmet have become self employed entrepreneurs,  so it's well done everyone upgraded. 😑

I am not IT professional,  but deal with them extensively for work.. and over the years,  I have seen the holocaust of local IT... now practically extinct except for govt linked... the industry have completely gone to the dark side. 

I can also argue that the loss of IT/ FINANCE pmet etc over the last decade is so extensive that why not many left to retrench... as long as you choose the data carefully. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Think everyone should start to jio this joker at his own MTP session to query him. Totally selective cherry picking to present the data to secure their own butt.

if the data is true enough then there is nothing to hide.

Edited by Gnixer
  • Praise 4

The truth is so readily available, yet, many want to be blinded

in a good employment environment would there be a need a for not one but several reported universities professor driving PHV (Grab or used to be UBER)

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Playtime said:

Cos the graph shows better trend picture?

Cos the whole historic point is the deliberate selective use of data to pofma others?

Cos .... unpleasant facts?

let me say it more clearly... look up the retrenchment data for 2009....

showing data from 2010 is a more obvious selective use of data in my opinion to prove a rising trend. 

I mean u complain pap of cherry picking data and the proceed to start data from the lowest point in the past decade right after a huge drop in retrenchment....

but the general public almost never bother to read up more. Sigh 

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Gnixer said:

Think everyone should start to jio this joker at his own MTP session to query him. Totally selective cherry picking to present the data to secure their own butt.

Really? The data are out there already... have u read it? Have understood it?

i think the general public cannot do critical objective analysis.

29 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Well someone has to drive the phv... so many pmet have become self employed entrepreneurs,  so it's well done everyone upgraded. 😑

I am not IT professional,  but deal with them extensively for work.. and over the years,  I have seen the holocaust of local IT... now practically extinct except for govt linked... the industry have completely gone to the dark side. 

I can also argue that the loss of IT/ FINANCE pmet etc over the last decade is so extensive that why not many left to retrench... as long as you choose the data carefully. 

GLC that require security clearance will help to prevent CECA. Haha otherwise it is a whitewash throughout. Just try banking and if you are not outnumbered, chances you are one of them. Haha

Every morning i steps i to a lift, i am a foreigner. 

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

let me say it more clearly... look up the retrenchment data for 2009....

showing data from 2010 is a more obvious selective use of data in my opinion to prove a rising trend. 

I mean u complain pap of cherry picking data and the proceed to start data from the lowest point in the past decade right after a huge drop in retrenchment....

but the general public almost never bother to read up more. Sigh 

Well let’s rewind the tape and us ourselves. When was 911 and when was subprime and when did the PR criteria changed. Last time if you on employment pass you loose your job, you would quickly apply for PR. Now not so easy or convenient 

What's the point of chasing them for figures? We know statistics and graphs can be manipulated to look good. At the same time it can also be made to look bad. Bottom line it's still up to the individual to upgrade himself/herself to remain employable.

Think gahment will help protect your job? Maybe there's something they can do but it's limited. Think opposition party will be able to help? Help to remind gahment not to let in too many foreigners? Let's be realistic. This is just politics at play.

The unimaginable did happened and we all knew it. They lost votes. LoL... So when the time comes, kindly do the same. Let's just do our part. Whatever they do on tv is just wayang.

27 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

GLC that require security clearance will help to prevent CECA. Haha otherwise it is a whitewash throughout. Just try banking and if you are not outnumbered, chances you are one of them. Haha

Every morning i steps i to a lift, i am a foreigner. 

Only if that was the truth. That’s just a tinted observation. Many of this are Contractors. As I mentioned, the data definition is very important. The need to understand what it means. So if today a bank is audited for employment. They will show a list of employment by HR. What is important is the active directory data from the employee logins to gather who these people are and are there tax evasion of services and employment would be a better way to unravel these numbers. 

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

To be fair, the business of hiring is very dynamic. And on a larger scale, the integration of foreigners is still the number 1 worry. So its either we adjust to them OR they adjust to us. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/businesses-should-diversify-foreign-workforce-invest-in-local-workers-chan-chun

SINGAPORE - Businesses should diversify their foreign workforce and avoid being reliant on manpower from any one place, just as Singapore avoids depending on a single source of revenue or resources, Trade and Industry Minister Chan Chun Sing said on Tuesday (Dec 3).

They should also invest in developing local workers and giving them opportunities to upgrade and advance, he added.

Mr Chan was speaking at a bicentennial commemoration dinner organised by the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCCI) at the Shangri-La Hotel Singapore.

Mr Chan acknowledged that it could be more expedient to recruit from a more familiar source, but said: "Businesses should also diversify your foreign workforce as an important step in managing your concentration risks... Diversification is an important part of business continuity."

In addition, more can be done to help foreign workers better settle in Singapore.

"As our multicultural social norms can be rather unfamiliar to foreign employees, it is important that businesses also play a part in integrating them into our companies and into our society," said Mr Chan.

Call me xenophobic but I felt we are forced to integrate into their "culture" more often than not.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

To be fair, the business of hiring is very dynamic. And on a larger scale, the integration of foreigners is still the number 1 worry. So its either we adjust to them OR they adjust to us. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/businesses-should-diversify-foreign-workforce-invest-in-local-workers-chan-chun

In addition, more can be done to help foreign workers better settle in Singapore.

"As our multicultural social norms can be rather unfamiliar to foreign employees, it is important that businesses also play a part in integrating them into our companies and into our society," said Mr Chan.

This is exactly what they want and what most sgporeans dont want. The FW get too comfy and settle down...for good. I think he betrayed his thoughts by saying this.🙄

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

The truth is so readily available, yet, many want to be blinded

in a good employment environment would there be a need a for not one but several reported universities professor driving PHV (Grab or used to be UBER)

On tbe way to exams.. they can help you go through potential questions ma.. value added service woh... govt trying to help you ah.😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

What's the point of chasing them for figures? We know statistics and graphs can be manipulated to look good. At the same time it can also be made to look bad. Bottom line it's still up to the individual to upgrade himself/herself to remain employable.

Think gahment will help protect your job? Maybe there's something they can do but it's limited. Think opposition party will be able to help? Help to remind gahment not to let in too many foreigners? Let's be realistic. This is just politics at play.

The unimaginable did happened and we all knew it. They lost votes. LoL... So when the time comes, kindly do the same. Let's just do our part. Whatever they do on tv is just wayang.

I like that the observation is that those who do not upgrade are left behind. But there are under current that makes it detrimental for a local to get a job as well .

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/On-mom-watch-list-350-companies-unfairly-hire-foreigners-over-Singaporeans

if there are ways to avoid hiring locals, you just help buy time for more to come in. It has taken 10 years of watershed events and we are just starting to evolved. 

of course one would argue, got hand, got legs, drive grab or go jek , deliveroo or ninja van , won’t that consider work? 

the landscape use to be work hard and Singapore is a promise land. There will be jobs.

if you die die need a part time job, sell insurance or be Property Agent in the interim to tie you over. 

But when there is now a identified barrier, instead of going hard on the watch list, we did what we do best. Big problem down grade to small problem, small problem down grade to small annoyances and try to adjust and accommodate.

but do we want to study hard and become a go jek driver..?

Food for thought.. and I don’t mean dekiveroo 

• Praise 2

See how numbers are presented. 

And remember it's already 50% less now. 

Taking 236m as 50% ..Which means billions spent already to train FT?

That's why they cannot be trusted with giving a straight answer.  Must pofma people or until kenna dig out.. also die die must massage. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/government-spending-foreign-students-scholarships-tuition-grant-11782050

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/moe-spends-s238-million-yearly-scholarships-and-tuition-grants-foreign-students

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Gnixer said:

You sure you can even meet him at MTP? Not some clown suck up?

I only know the job market is always evolving. If you work in a sunset industry and it's gone, are you going to sit around waiting for something to happen or are you going to drive grab for the moment to think it over? Or you can change your profession entirely to get employed. It's not just upgrading yourself but you must also adapt to change. You can blame anyone as much as you want but the ultimate decision is up to you to adapt changes and move forward.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1