Pritam Singh asked Chan Chun Sing whether is PAP releasing the amount of jobs between locals and foreigners

4 hours ago, Voodooman said:

G don't trust the people with data and from the many posts in this thread and those elsewhere, there is a gradual loss of trust in G.  

Why har?

I think it’s not the data that’s worrying. It’s the feeling of disconnected and Abandoned  that’s worrying 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

8 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

no really true that we are the boss.

But I get the feeling that you are feeling like this Forester.

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-10 at 11.15.03 AM.jpeg

What the fug?! Muayhaha

5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

image.png.75b21c8550758b8258d3683471e3727a.png

I also want to get the FCUK special edition for my MIL.

It will match the FCUK T shirt I got her for XMAS.

:grin:

You gib her dis? 😁

d40a95ee4ad98c3514646fde278b17aa.jpeg.jpg

• Haha! 4

56 minutes ago, Ixus75 said:

Singaporean vote for the current govt and not PR.  So why cannot ask?

Already said, what’s the point ? 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Ixus75 said:

Singaporean vote for the current govt and not PR.  So why cannot ask?

I am not answering. So what can you do? Haha 70% has allowed me to do so. This year, they will confirm I should continue to do what i deem right. So you guys can continue to chit chat. Hehe

• Haha! 3

Politicization of data is rly stupid move. In long term no one will trust anything except their own authorities and lead to the totally polarized politics like usa.

• Praise 3

There are data and there are data analysis. 

Give us the raw data and we analyse and interpret for ourselves.

What the MIW is hinting to us commoners, is that we are too dumb to intepret the data on our own. 

• Praise 9

16 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Politicization of data is rly stupid move. In long term no one will trust anything except their own authorities and lead to the totally polarized politics like usa.

6 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

There are data and there are data analysis. 

Give us the raw data and we analyse and interpret for ourselves.

What the MIW is hinting to us commoners, is that we are too dumb to intepret the data on our own. 

+1 indeed. Trust them to treat you like an imbecile.

• Praise 3

On 1/9/2020 at 5:40 AM, Wind30 said:

I am not sure if you are in the high tech line as what you say is very idealistic...

I have been in IC design for 20 years, 3 companies. I can tell you only 10% of the engineers are true born singaporeans like me. Did it change over the past 20 years? NO.

So what did we gained?? Quite a few of my foreign colleagues settled down in Singapore and became PR/Citizens. It did bring up the average GDP of the country. Those colleagues will also spend money, etc. Given a choice of not importing FT and getting stuck in low tech jobs, the choice is OBVIOUS.

We REALLY need the FT else Singapore will NEVER progress in high tech industry. 

Why no locals??? You think high tech is STATIC which is not. Example, AI is hot now... u say we want Locals to take up the niche jobs in AI but by the time they study finish, gain experienced, the job has changed....

Furthermore, u think any singaporean or FT can go high tech jobs? I tell you getting a lousy engineer is sooooooo dangerous in my field as one design error impact is huge. So if I get a mediocre Singaporean Engineer I might as well do the work myself. The field is so niche but already out of fashion that now no smart singaporean wants to join IC design now... most is finance, medical, software maybe.

But singaporeans DO still benefit... At least I did... 

If you look around the world, it is the SAME EVERYWHERE.... how old is silicon valley??? 20 years 30 years? you think mature enough so most of their jobs are given to "locals" ie americans??? 

There is NO SUCH thing. the locals will NEVER replace FT as the industry is so competitive. So why do silicon valley still have so many FTs???

It is easy to assume the solution is simple and the opposition has a magic want to fix it... there isn't... 

Thanks for your insight and sharing. That is the beauty of Internet forum, where everyone get to share their view and experience. I would say your company fall under what I call it, niche industry, where we need real talent in specific field to fill a role, not just any Tom Dick or Harry from 3 world countries. I don't have dispute with extensive hiring of FT in this sector of yours, provided that all other non-niche functions / roles are given to Singaporean, are they? 

When I say non-niche function, I am referring to HR, finance, procurement, IT, facilities management, logistics, quality, occupational and fire safety, etc. Are you able to shed some light with regards to your company operations if those roles I mentioned above are all headed by Singaporean, with less than 10% foreigners?

Maybe you have been staying with your company for a long time, which give you the perception and mindset that there are many other niche industries out there and thus nothing wrong with the heavy reliance on FT. But what I would like to point out is that even in a ultra high tech company, not all functions are so niche till majority of the vacancies have to be taken FT.

And that is the frustration faced by many out in the employment market. I hope you understand where I am coming from. Happy to hear more from you with regards to your industry. 

• Praise 9

Turbocharged
20 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Actually there is a very big gap between a confident leader and being arrogant.

A confident leader is never arrogant.

The ONLY reason people are arrogant is precisely because they lack confidence.

:grin:

That's why my MIL is so arrogant. She lacks confidence and self esteem and has a very big ego.

A few Directors and Managers in my previous workplace are like that. Very guai lan and political. They are fully dependent on their people for everything.

Once on their own they are nothing but bulls**tters.. Which was why they were never in meetings on their own 🤨

• Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Voodooman said:

G don't trust the people with data and from the many posts in this thread and those elsewhere, there is a gradual loss of trust in G.  

Why har?

more like you don't wanna let your boss know about your mistake because you are afraid to get fired.

10 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Thanks for your insight and sharing. That is the beauty of Internet forum, where everyone get to share their view and experience. I would say your company fall under what I call it, niche industry, where we need real talent in specific field to fill a role, not just any Tom Dick or Harry from 3 world countries. I don't have dispute with extensive hiring of FT in this sector of yours, provided that all other non-niche functions / roles are given to Singaporean, are they? 

When I say non-niche function, I am referring to HR, finance, procurement, IT, facilities management, logistics, quality, occupational and fire safety, etc. Are you able to shed some light with regards to your company operations if those roles I mentioned above are all headed by Singaporean, with less than 10% foreigners?

Maybe you have been staying with your company for a long time, which give you the perception and mindset that there are many other niche industries out there and thus nothing wrong with the heavy reliance on FT. But what I would like to point out is that even in a ultra high tech company, not all functions are so niche till majority of the vacancies have to be taken FT.

And that is the frustration faced by many out in the employment market. I hope you understand where I am coming from. Happy to hear more from you with regards to your industry. 

The question we should ask is whether singapore is made up of the land, the gdp or the citizens?

govt thinks it is the gdp.

• Praise 3

I Guess to look into the future we have to look at our past as well as our pledge.. the last part of we the citizen of Singapore are important aspect of guiding principles. 

I fast track to the last part. So as to achieve happiness and progress for our people. 

for our people means singaporean or PR included. I have no problems with PR. Some of the friends I have are PR. But they will never ever want to be a citizen for one reason or another such as my parents are still alive and insurance are tricky in Malaysia. Not sure what that entails.

of course the other real problem is transition to live and work in Singapore. If you treat it like a place that work shipped you instead of being grateful than we will continue to be a land filled with people who thinks we are worthless 

Such instance such as this is worrying.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ex-dbs-avijit-das-patnaik-ripped-singapore-indian-flag-interview-11152596

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

hr is close to all singaporean but they are only like 4 person. For IT local is 60%? I think those general functions has much more locals but definitely not 90%..... that’s the point. If u let me hire ft for the ultra technical positions, the mnc will set up shop here and with it comes the general functions which are headed by quite a lot of Singaporeans.

Even the high tech functions, almost all the management is local in my company. My local boss is singaporean. The mangers under him is 3 singaporean 1 Malaysian. Trust me, we WANT to hire locals... if anything we discriminate against ft but my team still is majority ft... the discrimination is logical as ft don’t stay Long... I would rather get someone local who stays ....

but i work in Changi business park so I don’t know why soooooo maaaany Indians there during afternoon time. 
Crazy. I am thinking of doing a video for YouTube but I scared the video become viral.....

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

but i work in Changi business park so I don’t know why soooooo maaaany Indians there during afternoon time. 
Crazy. I am thinking of doing a video for YouTube but I scared the video become viral.....

because food court got nice curry? 🤩 npnt... the curry....

On 1/11/2020 at 2:32 PM, Wind30 said:

hr is close to all singaporean but they are only like 4 person. For IT local is 60%? I think those general functions has much more locals but definitely not 90%..... that’s the point. If u let me hire ft for the ultra technical positions, the mnc will set up shop here and with it comes the general functions which are headed by quite a lot of Singaporeans.

Even the high tech functions, almost all the management is local in my company. My local boss is singaporean. The mangers under him is 3 singaporean 1 Malaysian. Trust me, we WANT to hire locals... if anything we discriminate against ft but my team still is majority ft... the discrimination is logical as ft don’t stay Long... I would rather get someone local who stays ....

well as someone once mentioned

In a gentle way, you can shake the world.

Mahatma Gandhi

On 1/11/2020 at 2:32 PM, Wind30 said:

I work there a few months as data entry officer leh but never see you....😄

↡ Advertisement