Pritam Singh asked Chan Chun Sing whether is PAP releasing the amount of jobs between locals and foreigners

11 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

That solve only part of the problem. Saw the no. of SPR and new citizen in the team I mentioned? 

That is what this whole argument in Parliament come about... 

Their numbers in recent years were not alarming iirc. have to keep an eye on whether govt turn on the tap again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

When people ask, do provide the facts and let them digest the info unless it is prohibited.  Don't try to tell people what they can or cannot know or only read what you want them to read. Then they start reading wrong info how?

• Praise 2

it all boils down to what you use the data for and the outcome of the results if it is meant for the Global consumption than local interest.

So like a bank, if the results are not good, need to cut and sacrifice the employee or sell the biz , so be it.

But shouldnt it be logical, that if setting the wrong direction on the GPS as a driver, you would correct it to go towards the right direction?

Or do u insist that instead of going to Jakarta, we now go to Calcutta?  

Sounds similar can liao and continue because changing it is too late anyway even if it affects the pxs.

• Praise 1

😂If and when IRAS ask me to submit my business book keeping account for auditing, I will tell them " I have the data, but let me ask you.. What is the point of the question?" 

What do you think? 

😁

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 9

for every year that fluctuates, you want to defend the numbers?

one year it could be worst off, but it could be there was plenty of work permit that lost jobs and had to return home after 2weeks, 

Then you have the expedited years of work permit who applied for PR after finding the loophole that if you want to stay, getting a PR is a safer option. Plus PR not equal to being a citizen.

Or if the peak and trout is accepted as a natural progression. There could be many more reason and no amount of justification would help either party.

From what I see, if the Singaporeans are on the vehicle that has faulty brakes, you can either sound out the driver if somehow you know, or you could jump off.

Either way, not an easy response. 

5 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

😂If and when IRAS ask me to submit my business book keeping account for auditing, I will tell them " I have the data, but let me ask you.. What is the point of the question?" 

What do you think? 

😁

Their response most likely would be

Do what I say

Not say What I do.

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, RadX said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/breaking-down-data-can-aid-public-discourse

Forum: Breaking down data can aid public discourse

PUBLISHED 4 HOURS AGO

In the debate over employment data and requests for stratified data for Singapore citizens versus permanent residents (PRs), Senior Minister of State Chee Hong Tat said "we must firmly reject all attempts to drive a wedge between different groups within our society" (Chee Hong Tat: Data on employment is clear, Jan 10).

The Ministry of Education has been publishing the educational performance of Singaporean students in the annual national examinations broken down according to the Chinese-Malay-Indian-Others racial classification.

In 2012, when asked in Parliament about this, then Senior Parliamentary Secretary Hawazi Daipi said that doing so "enables the respective communities to monitor the effectiveness of their educational programmes".

"There is also value in providing such information so that the community, ethnic self-help groups and the public can study the data and discuss areas for improvement," he added.

The national disease registry also publishes statistics on the incidence of various medical conditions, such as diabetes, kidney failure, heart attack and stroke, among the four major ethnic groups.

Despite regularly releasing data broken down by ethnic groups, Singapore enjoys good inter-racial harmony. If providing stratified data would "drive a wedge between different groups within our society", then the Government should abolish the release of data categorised by ethnic group.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Not providing stratified employment data broken down into citizens versus PRs does not mean that the divide is not there, especially when the Government itself has put in place policies to differentiate between citizens and PRs, such as for housing, healthcare and education subsidies.

It is flawed to assume that data stratification would "drive a wedge between different groups within our society".

Instead, there is no doubt that providing stratified statistics would contribute towards more informed public discourse and analyses of the socio-economic issues facing our country.

Sin Wei Xiang

And I thought an elected MP is supposed to vote on bills and legislations and asked hard questions. How to make informed decision on a labor bill without detailed data on how our labor policy will affect the MP's constituents?

There is probably a political angle to the question but I don't agree that this is sufficient ground to deny an elected MP his request for some simple data that is available to G. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 3

When govt does not provide answers to such questions...people naturally assumed the worst.

How much is the reserves? Cannot tell lest currency attacked by manipulators. People will think, oh no, govt must be bankrupt.

How much is temasek ceo paid? Don't kaypoh. People will think must be bee tunk, 10-20 mil is it?

What's the split? You driving a wedge to the society. People will think must be most jobs go to SPR.

All these wild speculations are untrue of course.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Staff69 said:

i would have been fired by my Boss many times over if i gave this type of answer during meeting 😓

Really wish someone can recommend me a job that allows me to use such " model answer ", $500k per year enough, my dignity not so high 😄

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Gotta luv our minsters 😂😂

Tell your children to study hard ok? Next time be minister

Best job in the world

Edited by Vid
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Staff69 said:

FB_IMG_1579073126806.jpg

It was Pritam fault.he was not clear to explain what and why data he is referring to. Don't forget, that Chan was fed since JC time till now. He is totally clueless what is going on. Haha

• Haha! 1

Am I the only who sees ccs has a valid point?

did any of you ask yourself what is the point of getting the data?

i did. Before I ridicule others I ask try to understand the argument first.

if data shows that 60% of the jobs goes to PRs 40% goes to singaporean then so what?

are u guys going to carry pitchforks and scold the government?

To me that data wp is asking for is the wrong data... unfortunately the general public can’t really tell... to me what wp has done here is wrong to me and I will minus marks from them because of this.

just like I feel pap handled the president elections and pofma law wrongly too...

To me, in this case wp is self serving at the expense of the good of Singapore. 

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1