Pritam Singh asked Chan Chun Sing whether is PAP releasing the amount of jobs between locals and foreigners

4 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

?? Do u understand his argument? And he was not even arguing to withhold the data... sigh... he said it up front, first sentence that he can get pritam the data

i am pretty sure the argument is not valid in 4 5 and 6...

He's was basically forced to give data that should have been given unconditionally... after donkey years.  That's the problem. 

That should never have been the case. And it's not to our benefit. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

20 minutes ago, Beregond said:

if we cannot change anything mean we cannot ask and find out. might as well dun have parliament or opposition. they rule close door enough??

nothing change for now, dun mean we dun have the power to change anything, its exactly the opposite, we have the power to change thing, thats why the respond form keechui.

and i want to know the detail, how many % of the top pme job go to local, how many to ft, all i want to know.

These IB/media machinary will come at every angle to secure votes for pap.

Some will disparage WP policies and say they support SDP. And some portion of them on the other hand will attack SDP via Dr Chee. Eventually all the oppo will be smudged one way or another, and pap will become the remain "logical" choice.

Some will persuade others that they don't like pap but they think the oppo "cannot make it", so will continue to vote for the best among the choices.

Some will say they started supporting oppo but felt disappointed by their performance in AHTC or in parliament, then eventually going back to pap.

We in the forum or any other forums should know who are these "faceless" IB. They are here because they are paid, and their arguments tend not to make sense. Don't engage with them.

• Praise 5

57 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

?? Do u understand his argument? And he was not even arguing to withhold the data... sigh... he said it up front, first sentence that he can get pritam the data

Then why withheld  these data in the first place ? Cos they knows that the true blue Singaporeans will not like it and hence may affect their vote percentage . 
I view PR the same as FT , they all have a choice to go back to their homeland whenever things are not as good here in Singapore . Does true blue Singaporeans have a choice ?

If your argument of these PRs helping to bring up Singaporean’s salary , FTs does the same thing too ? Then why separated the FTs out from this data ? 

Edited by Hubwee
  • Praise 7

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

To me it is an uncalled for and high handed response that reeks of arrogance. However it’s not surprising coming from someone who has lived his whole adult life protected in the SAF. 

One would never ever hear of such a response from Tharman. The difference is obvious between someone who has exposure to important people around the world vs someone as a kampong deputy chief. 

• Praise 4

7 minutes ago, Staff69 said:

FB_IMG_1579274097960.jpg

higher than overall share.... means preselected.

lower.... means locals win?

equal...means fair?

zero .. means full employment?

like that his KPI is say anything also win lor??? anyone can do.

thats why info must be hidden. the less you know, the better for them. and they want people to accept that.

any employer who accepts such argument from their employee.....even if silent employer... i think he not doing a good job to oversee.

• Praise 3

If ALL the foreigners are of high intellect and has much to contribute here, I rest my case

But, you just read the conversation below 

Form your own conclusions 

Screenshot_20200118-112930_Facebook.thumb.jpg.305ad235bb477b20a06fa724d8c69e04.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-112951_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/16/2020 at 7:11 PM, Wind30 said:

Seriously 80% went to Singaporeans??? Not in my industry... they must have included all the grab Drivers.... 

did they say it was PMETs? I am more interested in sdp arguments on PMETs employment dats.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:51 PM, Solar said:

Don't resonate with me too. I'm in IT... Myself and a few other middle to senior management were laid off. None of the foreigners and CECA were touched, and they held equal and high positions.

I have raised a complaint to TAFEP.. well.. they 'investigated'.

They also called me to understand about programs the company arranged prior and after our retrenchment, and compensation provided. From the officer's tone on the phone, I think they are okay with that... Well..If given a choice, nobody wanted those...

The 5:1 ratio is so surprising to us on the ground that I hope Pritam can probe further.

Need to take out the demographics factor to understand further. So Compare SPR and citizens of the same age bracket. Say 30-45, where earning power is at his prime, and capital commitments such as housing, child education, parents medical starts to bite.

This ratio will be worth tracking and perhaps data before 2015 be disclosed. This show how competitive the citizens fare in the job market.

When one's is at at his highest earning potential and yet could not land a good job, you can imagine the anxiety in the face of ever rising living expenses.

Is it relevant? I would think so.

Will CCS disclose this subset without asking what's the point.?

• Praise 4

On 1/17/2020 at 10:46 AM, Philipkee said:

What about nursing?  We are professional also.  But never figured out if we are one of the PMETs 

I believe classified as PMET. Else irresponsible to put u in the f&b or maid industry.. 

• Haha! 2

40 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

This ratio will be worth tracking and perhaps data before 2015 be disclosed. This show how competitive the citizens fare in the job market.

I think 2015 is kind of a line in the sand. 

The cluster fxxk years that lead up to the 2011 lost of a GRC is well known, the data must look terrible. The patch work repairs that followed took time to look better. So 2015 was probably judged good enough. 

Data that shows, or hints at what lead up to 2011 is better left unsaid. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Hubwee said:

Then why withheld  these data in the first place ? Cos they knows that the true blue Singaporeans will not like it and hence may affect their vote percentage . 
I view PR the same as FT , they all have a choice to go back to their homeland whenever things are not as good here in Singapore . Does true blue Singaporeans have a choice ?

If your argument of these PRs helping to bring up Singaporean’s salary , FTs does the same thing too ? Then why separated the FTs out from this data ? 

Yeah, I know some on blue IC for 30 years and still counting :whisper:; senior management 5 figure salary.

Wah, x3 back home I'll also be very :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah, I know some on blue IC for 30 years and still counting :whisper:; senior management 5 figure salary.

Wah, x3 back home I'll also be very :yeah-im-not-drunk:

ya.. I am surrounded by TRUE BLUE IC holder.. they don't have and NEVER HAVE the intention to turn RED.. They still loyal and faithful to their MOTHER LAND, keep feeding it with SGD till fat fat!

• Praise 1

41 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

ya.. I am surrounded by TRUE BLUE IC holder.. they don't have and NEVER HAVE the intention to turn RED.. They still loyal and faithful to their MOTHER LAND, keep feeding it with SGD till fat fat!

Worst part is , the first thing most of these PR does is to go buy a HDB flat , stay while they are here , even when they decided to go back to their motherland , they just rent the whole unit  and continue to leech on Singapore by collecting rental income for their retirement . Cannot understand why they are allowed to buy HDB when they are just PR . 
Am pretty sure that no land limited countries would allow their PR to purchase government subsidised housing Lor .

• Praise 6

48 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Really... is this pofma? Opinion? Or facts?

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/01/17/chan-says-50k-jobs-created-for-sgs-9k-for-prs-from-2015-to-2018-but-didnt-mention-increase-of-32k-fts-same-period/

Chan says 50K jobs created for SGs, 9K for PRs from 2015 to 2018 but didn’t mention increase of 32K FTs same period

when reading anything must read with care

eg 50K jobs created for SGs, that does NOT mean 50K jobs gone to SGs

after the Oxley Road saga, I realized I am good at playing with words

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Not just you, both me and my wife also surrounded by PRs.

My wife's side MOSTLY Malaysians and my end is CECAs and Malaysians.

26 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Not just you, both me and my wife also surrounded by PRs.

My wife's side MOSTLY Malaysians and my end is CECAs and Malaysians.

Inevitably there will be. Because of the short history as an independent country. Before 1965, everyone was "malaysian". And after independence, definitely there'll be relatives on the other side of the fence.

Then, now what? For the sake of the debate, draw a further distinction between PRs from malaysia and from rest of the world?? [laugh] 

And then, another distinction, PRs who have potential to become SG, and PRs who have held the status for donkey years with no intention of converting to SG and are thus considered "taking advantage"?

If it's beginning to sound ridiculous now, yes, it is.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement