Pritam Singh asked Chan Chun Sing whether is PAP releasing the amount of jobs between locals and foreigners

Turbocharged

i knew someone who gave up his PR before enlistment and went back to Malaysia to avoid NS, but many years later still able to come back to SG (after uni graduation) to work as PME (and possibly get PR again)

↡ Advertisement
  • Angry 1

30 minutes ago, Scion said:

i knew someone who gave up his PR before enlistment and went back to Malaysia to avoid NS, but many years later still able to come back to SG (after uni graduation) to work as PME (and possibly get PR again)

Report him lor

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Playtime said:

I think 2015 is kind of a line in the sand. 

The cluster fxxk years that lead up to the 2011 lost of a GRC is well known, the data must look terrible. The patch work repairs that followed took time to look better. So 2015 was probably judged good enough. 

Data that shows, or hints at what lead up to 2011 is better left unsaid. 

2015.. line in the sand... today's ST.

that's why their data very selective... use 2015 after.

So this is opinion or facts? Can pofma?

20200119_090209.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

44 minutes ago, Scion said:

He must be one of those our minster fell without him we won't have today lor.

confirmed.... minister say what means what?

think about the implications... its not just about employment data anymore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fake-news-law-does-cover-matters-of-interpretation-agc

The fake news law does cover matters of interpretation, said Deputy Attorney-General Hri Kumar Nair as he outlined the Government's argument against the challenge brought forth by the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP).,,,,

He said the minister who initiates a Pofma direction will look at the article or statement in question and determine what he believes to be its meaning. A correction direction can then be issued based on the minister's interpretation.

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

20200119_090209.jpg

This is truly ridiculous, cross the rubicon kind of ridiculous.

I will use action via my vote to show them out.

• Praise 4

Feel-good story lai liao ... [laugh]

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/india-entrepreneur-kinexcs-chinese-integration-immigrant-12280904

His small start-up team employed 5 SGs, okay? ... not so subtle.

But the fact that after graduating from local uni and employed, he had yet to get his PR, according to the article - shows that indeed the requirements were tightened in recent years, to be fair. Whether too late or not, better than never.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 2

On 1/6/2020 at 11:30 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Maybe not, but he certainly evokes the feeling of this AMDK form of kee chiu in me. 😂😂😂

realkid.jpg

Doc you like big from which ever angle

Tua ki

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Feel-good story lai liao ... [laugh]

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/cnainsider/india-entrepreneur-kinexcs-chinese-integration-immigrant-12280904

His small start-up team employed 5 SGs, okay? ... not so subtle.

But the fact that after graduating from local uni and employed, he had yet to get his PR, according to the article - shows that indeed the requirements were tightened in recent years, to be fair. Whether too late or not, better than never.

Election coming. This and today's front-page angmo+void deck wedding story. Stay tuned for more feel good ST stories of foreign "intevasion".

Wish we have more such migrants. Those in my estate largely congregate with their own kind and even the local Indians think they are stuck up.  

I actually agree with govt that we need immigration (in the short term) becoz our birthrate is so low. But all this is actually missing the bigger point

As a industrialized economy we are doing great as demonstrated by profitable companies gdp growth blahblahblah

As a human society we are utter failure as demonstrated by our birthrate. If not for migration we singaporeans would actually be going extinct. Imagine ur a zookeeper with singaporean and this is the birthrate. Cannot throw in a indian or prc into the same cage and still call it a singaporean exhibit. If ur only solution was reproduction we would be in total panic mode. Somehow we still cant see that we are dying out and migration is just a plaster over a festering wound

5 hours ago, Playtime said:

20200119_090209.jpg

Play play with singstat app.. 

Can't seem to tally the big 2015 drop...🤔

Screenshot_20200119-145012_SingStat.jpg

Screenshot_20200119-144904_SingStat.jpg

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

I actually agree with govt that we need immigration (in the short term) becoz our birthrate is so low. But all this is actually missing the bigger point

As a industrialized economy we are doing great as demonstrated by profitable companies gdp growth blahblahblah

As a human society we are utter failure as demonstrated by our birthrate. If not for migration we singaporeans would actually be going extinct. Imagine ur a zookeeper with singaporean and this is the birthrate. Cannot throw in a indian or prc into the same cage and still call it a singaporean exhibit. If ur only solution was reproduction we would be in total panic mode. Somehow we still cant see that we are dying out and migration is just a plaster over a festering wound

have kids lor... I believe my kids are the best thing in life to me... most of the time when they are not irritating me

http://www.keehian.com/gallery/

• Praise 1