Pritam Singh asked Chan Chun Sing whether is PAP releasing the amount of jobs between locals and foreigners

9 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Singaporeans must welcome new citizens, not allow others to ‘exploit’ tensions and divide us: Heng Swee Keat

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singaporeans-must-welcome-new-citizens-not-allow-others-to-exploit-tensions-and-divide-us-heng-swee-keat-061053755.html

True

But where in the world do government force local citizens to change to integrate foreigners

Eg cooking curry

Close road for St Patrick's day but thaipusam on silent mode

Shouldn't it be foreigners learn to integrate with locals

Now my colleagues wayang with survey

Sometimes I also don't understand my own colleague s but I need to support them

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Ash2017 said:

True

But where in the world do government force local citizens to change to integrate foreigners

Eg cooking curry

Heng was involved in CECA, so now he has to defend it.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

18 hours ago, Vratenza said:

I don't even want my kid to finish his education here. Will send him off to UK/US for his degree so that he can find jobs outside of Singapore. Fight as FT in other countries. Why come back to fight the losing battle with the FTs on home ground?

Why not China?  Fight PRC at its home turf.

PKU GuangHua Business School is a top school.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Why not China?  Fight PRC at its home turf.

PKU GuangHua Business School is a top school.

Cannot many n Singapore are yellow outside but white inside

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Cannot many n Singapore are yellow outside but white inside

Train since young to be exceptional.  Hua Chong all the way.

i know a lot of Singapore uni undergrad doing internship in China including in tech startup

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Singaporeans must welcome new citizens, not allow others to ‘exploit’ tensions and divide us: Heng Swee Keat

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singaporeans-must-welcome-new-citizens-not-allow-others-to-exploit-tensions-and-divide-us-heng-swee-keat-061053755.html

Ya, right, wait till a new citizen start a political party / independence individual and get elected into parliament, then we see if they sing the same tune. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Ya, right, wait till a new citizen start a political party / independence individual and get elected into parliament, then we see if they sing the same tune. 

you talking about the party that openly to your face say he wants to fix opponents.. "opponents" being fellow tax paying NS serving citizens....

make you "repent".... 

when we taIk tension, exploit and divide, I think the FTs actually pose a smaller danger to singapore  as nation than some in power.

• Praise 3

Has our parliament been infiltrated with FT or their influence? Why citizens now got to change for FT? Will our traditional festival change and we get to enjoy more holidays? Maybe that is plus point. 

• Haha! 1

18 hours ago, Gizmore said:

You see it as a political game but I don't. 

The numbers reflects the effects of the policies by Ministers of this country. It may not affected me directly but surely in indirect ways.

I may not be scholar to understand why the numbers needed to considered this way, then it is the duty of the Minister to convince me. Some of the Minister are doing a great job. Some are just piss poor. Pls don't tell me because I won't be able to understand and hence you don't need to know. It is the duty of Ministers to convince each and every Singaporean. 

Singapore does not need elitism culture. If Minister is going to "nah, it's like that one, take it", then we don't need high paying scholar for the job. Any Tom Dick would do. 

Bertha Henson as a writer articulated better what my thoughts are in a Facebook post today.

Her comments were based on a Today's article on CCS.

"Goodness! He actually says people might interpret different things from data given, so simply have to TRUST the person holding the data. Of course people will interpret different things from data, the G will simply have to TRUST that most people are level-headed enough to see what’s what! 

Would the G rather be known as opaque and arrogant in thinking it knows what’s best for the country and therefore decides to withhold info because it doesn’t TRUST the people? Does it think that withholding data engenders TRUST in the G?  And why isn’t it confident enough to refute ‘false’ interpretations (without resorting to Pofma) that arise as a result of greater transparency? Because it’s a waste of time and they want to get on with the business of running the country? 

As he himself said, as circumstances change, policies should change (I don’t know why the headline says MAY).

And the circumstances are: we have a more literate population, who want more say in shaping policy (as Heng said in the other story although I am not sure that’s what he meant). 

We want to be able to assess for ourselves the true state of what we experience day-to-day. Sure some jokers will go off-track and make noises the G doesn’t want to hear. But persuasion is part of politics! Jokers will continue to make noise with or without data anyway and the saner people have no data to counter beyond: we need to TRUST the G)! This is not a tenable situation! In fact, I think as a people, we’d be laughed at because the G thinks we’re small kids who can’t handle the facts."

• Praise 5

9 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Has our parliament been infiltrated with FT or their influence? Why citizens now got to change for FT? Will our traditional festival change and we get to enjoy more holidays? Maybe that is plus point. 

Curious nobody is frustrated by the fact that not just non local born Singaporeans are entering Parliament but also not serving NS, worse they are dictating what we can and cannot do.

Punish those local born Singaporeans who spent more time overseas than in Singapore who wish not to do NS with jail terms. Refused to all male Singaporeans to denounce their citzenship when they reached their teens. 

But new citzenship themselves were not needed to do NS. Authorities insist local born even PES E must do NS even if it is only a table wiping job. The rational is because we do not have enough boys.

I am very sure nobody is against FTs but they should be allowed in to fill positions we don't have the expertize or nobody wants to do. 

The worse is those on the ground knows exactly what is happening but authorities are convincing them otherwise.

• Praise 3

15 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

True

Eg cooking curry

I think u fail English.... did you read the article? 
all our minister is asking we should welcome ft. 
i just don’t understand why people cannot understand simple maths. Look at our birth rate. We need ft more than they need us... without immigration, u think Singapore will even survive?

u can argue the numbers are too high but every singaporean needs to understand we need this immigrants else Singapore downturn is inevitable.

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

Bertha Henson as a writer articulated better what my thoughts are in a Facebook post today.

"Goodness! He actually says people might interpret different things from data given, so simply have to TRUST the person holding the data. Of course people will interpret different things from data, the G will simply have to TRUST that most people are level-headed enough to see what’s what! 

Would the G rather be known as opaque and arrogant in thinking it knows what’s best for the country and therefore decides to withhold info because it doesn’t TRUST the people? Does it think that withholding data engenders TRUST in the G?  And why isn’t it confident enough to refute ‘false’ interpretations (without resorting to Pofma) that arise as a result of greater transparency? Because it’s a waste of time and they want to get on with the business of running the country? 

As he himself said, as circumstances change, policies should change (I don’t know why the headline says MAY).

And the circumstances are: we have a more literate population, who want more say in shaping policy (as Heng said in the other story although I am not sure that’s what he meant). 

We want to be able to assess for ourselves the true state of what we experience day-to-day. Sure some jokers will go off-track and make noises the G doesn’t want to hear. But persuasion is part of politics! Jokers will continue to make noise with or without data anyway and the saner people have no data to counter beyond: we need to TRUST the G)! This is not a tenable situation! In fact, I think as a people, we’d be laughed at because the G thinks we’re small kids who can’t handle the facts."

I think this post is logical and reasonable but makes two assumptions

the jokers will always go off track. 
ccs is arguing against releasing the data.

i think ccs is arguing that the opposition steer parliament discussion in a more constructive direction.

Honestly ask yourself do u think it is good for Singapore to spend lots of time discussing the ratio of jobs between ft and locals, the ratio of salary between ft and locals??

u can see the high and mighty attitudes of locals in this forum, without understanding that Singapore face an existential crisis with our birth rate without immigration....

u even see suggestions that ft only fill positions that no Singaporeans wants to do... u think we are importing slave labour from Africa...

Edited by Wind30

The simple fact is there isn't sufficient competition in the political space.

Monopolistic behavior at it's best...or worst depending whose lens you are looking through.

You give blank cheque, be prepared for pocket to pichar.

• Praise 4

17 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

The simple fact is there isn't sufficient competition in the political space.

Monopolistic behavior at it's best...or worst depending whose lens you are looking through.

You give blank cheque, be prepared for pocket to pichar.

You nailed it, but I challenge you to vote against them like I did, and will continue doing so.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I think this post is logical and reasonable but makes two assumptions

the jokers will always go off track. 
ccs is arguing against releasing the data.

i think ccs is arguing that the opposition steer parliament discussion in a more constructive direction.

Honestly ask yourself do u think it is good for Singapore to spend lots of time discussing the ratio of jobs between ft and locals, the ratio of salary between ft and locals??

u can see the high and mighty attitudes of locals in this forum, without understanding that Singapore face an existential crisis with our birth rate without immigration....

u even see suggestions that ft only fill positions that no Singaporeans wants to do... u think we are importing slave labour from Africa...

I bet to differ. With POFMA, exact and truthful figures are crucial. If these numbers hurts, then the more the incumbents have to do something to change it, instead of hiding behind statistics while bulldozing through policies that might not work well. If those policies that have been rolled out are really effective, FT, SPR issues wouldn't have been bothering the nation for over a decade... 

What is a parliament for? To debate on national policies, hear the view from different levels (remember MPs are supposed to speak on behalf of their residents) and drive the country forward. It is not a place to discuss family matters, or belittling opposition. Ideally everyone is equal in the parliament, just like any member in a committee, have the rights to voice his/her concerns and put forward a suggestion, but sadly that is not what I have seen many a time.

• Praise 9

the existential crisis of insufficient birth rate by locals was created by ah gong and they are still doing nothing significant to support the locals to improve it but instead. bringing in more fts to support the gdp

🙄

1 hour ago, Gizmore said:

Example...

ST uses UN stat top show big drop 2015 to 2019.

Singstat.. show basically no such event. 

ccs perhaps should just explain why look this way. 

And curiously why ST choose UN data??

st_20200119_elmigrant_r1_5391534.jpg

Screenshot_20200121-083543_SingStat.jpg

Screenshot_20200121-083554_SingStat.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1