Pritam Singh asked Chan Chun Sing whether is PAP releasing the amount of jobs between locals and foreigners

Tips on how to retain absolute power:

1) Nominated ex-party member to presidential election with no other candidates as a result of very high criteria for private candidates;

2) Established fake news laws before General Election to curb news that a party member deems fake (public has certain concerns on the AGC with COI, but final arbiter is the judge);

3) Sued political opponents to bankruptcy / reputational loss;

4) Map out new election boundary every GE;

5) Distributed pork barrel before every GE;

6) Replay montage / footage of popular but departed ex-party members before GE; and

7) Cried in front of TV when going get tough.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 1/11/2020 at 2:32 PM, Wind30 said:

but i work in Changi business park so I don’t know why soooooo maaaany Indians there during afternoon time. 
Crazy. I am thinking of doing a video for YouTube but I scared the video become viral.....

Source: https://mea.gov.in/images/attach/NRIs-and-PIOs_1.pdf

Ctaaq7B.jpg

wht8jvn.jpg

So may I know what is your thoughts after seeing the above figures? And mind you, it is just about Indian. We still have foreigners from China, Philippines, Myanmar, Indonesia, etc. etc. 

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

48 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

You nailed it, but I challenge you to vote against them like I did, and will continue doing so.

Actions speaks louder than words. Don't say say only. I meant what I say. 

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Ctaaq7B.jpg

wht8jvn.jpg

So may I know what is your thoughts after seeing the above figures? And mind you, it is just about Indian. We still have foreigners from China, Philippines, Myanmar, Indonesia, etc. etc. 

My first thought is to check what it means by Person of indian origin. Did you?

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I think u fail English.... did you read the article? 
all our minister is asking we should welcome ft. 
i just don’t understand why people cannot understand simple maths. Look at our birth rate. We need ft more than they need us... without immigration, u think Singapore will even survive?

u can argue the numbers are too high but every singaporean needs to understand we need this immigrants else Singapore downturn is inevitable.

Somethings are worth preserving

Just because you can't afford to pay for a new lolex does that meant it is OK to offer your arse.

Where we are today in terms of population is because largely policies in the past got wrong eg stop at two. Current policies are neither conducive either.

Aging population and low replacement is going to be a world problem.

We are attracting lots of crap at the expense of local born.

Your forefathers sacrificed their lives so we can have a better tomorrow and not a better tomorrow for foreigners in our country.

We recognize the problem at hand low birth rate. It's like climate change. Since we are armed to the teeth why not invade Malaysia and live on Gentng. No problem we have big brother USA backing us and we are good at giving excuses.

My boy it is you who don't seem to understand the fear, disruption and etc that the local born Singaporeans are facing.

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Enye said:

the existential crisis of insufficient birth rate by locals was created by ah gong and they are still doing nothing significant to support the locals to improve it but instead. bringing in more fts to support the gdp

🙄

not one poster but two here in MCF has blamed our falling birth rate on the government....

sigh...

So what do you want the government to do to improve birth rate??? I suggested many years back that they government give one year of free pre-school by pushing the primary school intake one year earlier. They are doing something similar by setting up government preschools. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/pcf-to-convert-80-kindergartens-to-childcare-centres-over-next-4-years

To me, the availability of affordable and HIGH QUALITY pre-schools is really important.

Extra 2 weeks of paid childcare leave for parents with 3 or more children. By pegging incentives to leave help to make it more attractive to the higher income earners. Baby bonus itself is stupid because a fixed amount of money is has disproportionate effect on families with different income. 

25 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

not one poster but two here in MCF has blamed our falling birth rate on the government....

sigh...

So what do you want the government to do to improve birth rate??? I suggested many years back that they government give one year of free pre-school by pushing the primary school intake one year earlier. They are doing something similar by setting up government preschools. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/pcf-to-convert-80-kindergartens-to-childcare-centres-over-next-4-years

To me, the availability of affordable and HIGH QUALITY pre-schools is really important.

Extra 2 weeks of paid childcare leave for parents with 3 or more children. By pegging incentives to leave help to make it more attractive to the higher income earners. Baby bonus itself is stupid because a fixed amount of money is has disproportionate effect on families with different income. 

Has anyone done any research why ppl has ZERO or ONE kid?

No point giving solution without knowing the problem.

Similar to China, the encouragement to have more kids came too late.

With the extra leave, who going to finish the work at hand?

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

sigh...

the trend speaks for itself....why ask me or even the ground for ideas to resolve something they have created and perpetuated through the years?

if they tackle the issue holistically and with conviction, the people will respond and the trend will reverse.  with ah gong's resources and scholarly brains, they know what needs to be done. but the process is probably too arduous (likely costs too much too) and there is a much easier way out in importing since they can get away with it too while enjoying their multi million pay package .....

just need to craft policies that allow them to hold on to the power while insisting the locals swallow the benefits of fts and welcome them

😑

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Ctaaq7B.jpg

wht8jvn.jpg

must be fake news, since the numbers differ too much from what our garment declared. 

garment must sue to get the numbers " corrected ". 

• Praise 3

52 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

sigh...

Make it 3 please. 

IMO, the govt don't seems to put in as much effort to help increase local birth rates than attracting FTs. Where the latter seems like a quick workaround to plug the issues on ageing population and improve overall productivity.

Simply because the suggestion to increase childcare leave earlier was shot down with reasons that are more dollar driven. While no sustainable measures that actually help young parents to have a peace of mind for work life balance.

Hence the overall direction seems to not have interest in preserving the singaporean identity but instead profit driven.

• Praise 3

28 minutes ago, Enye said:

the trend speaks for itself....why ask me or even the ground for ideas to resolve something they have created and perpetuated through the years?

if they tackle the issue holistically and with conviction, the people will respond and the trend will reverse.  with ah gong's resources and scholarly brains, they know what needs to be done. but the process is probably too arduous (likely costs too much too) and there is a much easier way out in importing since they can get away with it too while enjoying their multi million pay package .....

just need to craft policies that allow them to hold on to the power while insisting the locals swallow the benefits of fts and welcome them

😑

I just want to say, if the solution is simple, all the other asian countries won't have the same problem...

But I do agree with you the government REALLY should focus more on increasing the local birth rate.

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

sigh...

Why blame on the govt? Because they are not doing enough to curb rising costs of living to make it affordable for newly married couples, who may not be financially strong enough, to start a family.

You say availability of affordable and high quality preschools is really important. But how affordable is affordable? What is your definition of affordable? Affordable to newly married couples earning maybe a gross combined salary of 5k per month? Or affordable to older, degree holders earning a gross combined salary of 10k per month?

You need to understand this, those who earn high salaries maybe already be too troubled by work (work stress to maintain high work performance to justify their salary) to think about starting a family. Likewise, those who just started working not long would still be too troubled by work (gross earnings to use for cost of living) to start a family.

If cost of living is sufficiently curbed by the government, I'm sure many would be more willing to start a family.

But in this type of society where the government is only after GDP growth every year? How to?

By the way, I have 2 youngs kids so I definitely have the right to make this comment.

• Praise 5

4 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

Why blame on the govt? Because they are not doing enough to curb rising costs of living to make it affordable for newly married couples, who may not be financially strong enough, to start a family.

You say availability of affordable and high quality preschools is really important. But how affordable is affordable? What is your definition of affordable? Affordable to newly married couples earning maybe a gross combined salary of 5k per month? Or affordable to older, degree holders earning a gross combined salary of 10k per month?

You need to understand this, those who earn high salaries maybe already be too troubled by work (work stress to maintain high work performance to justify their salary) to think about starting a family. Likewise, those who just started working not long would still be too troubled by work (gross earnings to use for cost of living) to start a family.

If cost of living is sufficiently curbed by the government, I'm sure many would be more willing to start a family.

But in this type of society where the government is only after GDP growth every year? How to?

By the way, I have 2 youngs kids so I definitely have the right to make this comment.

Exactly, I think I suggested many pages ago that WP stop looking at the ratio of FT and foreigners but ask for data on cost of living, and the salary of Locals. 

BTW, GDP growth is not a bad thing. It is a good thing but the actual measurement should be has the local salary caught up with the cost of living?

Affordable is affordable lah. Don't pofma me leh... common sense right... affordable to the reasonable man on the street 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Exactly, I think I suggested many pages ago that WP stop looking at the ratio of FT and foreigners but ask for data on cost of living, and the salary of Locals. 

BTW, GDP growth is not a bad thing. It is a good thing but the actual measurement should be has the local salary caught up with the cost of living?

Affordable is affordable lah. Don't pofma me leh... common sense right... affordable to the reasonable man on the street 🙂 

Correct me if i'm wrong. It was because the topic of discussion was about employment ratio which trigger the enquiry for breakdown? 

What you are saying is when the topic is about employment, some one come in to ask about stats on other matters (e.g. retirement ration)?

2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Tips on how to retain absolute power:

1) Nominated ex-party member to presidential election with no other candidates as a result of very high criteria for private candidates;

2) Established fake news laws before General Election to curb news that a party member deems fake (public has certain concerns on the AGC with COI, but final arbiter is the judge);

3) Sued political opponents to bankruptcy / reputational loss;

4) Map out new election boundary every GE;

5) Distributed pork barrel before every GE;

6) Replay montage / footage of popular but departed ex-party members before GE; and

7) Cried in front of TV when going get tough.

8 ) AGC.

25 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

My answer to your point in bold is definitely not.

15 minutes ago, Playtime said:

8 ) AGC.

That's my #2. It's the whole package.

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement