Pritam Singh asked Chan Chun Sing whether is PAP releasing the amount of jobs between locals and foreigners

I always take these overall numbers with a pinch of salt. I have a friend who worked in the ex WDA told me that these numbers are quite different from the actual grounds. For example, if an unemployed signed up for a course for a period of time (I think is 3 months), that person is counted as a student and not part of the workforce. So he or she is not counted as unemployed. That is why the government encourages skills upgrading courses during recession. Not sure if true as I never verify this information.

Anyway I saw the news last night. kee chiu sounded abit agitated when challenged. I think his reply is quite true, but the tone he used doesn't look too good on him.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
47 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

What's the point of chasing them for figures? We know statistics and graphs can be manipulated to look good. At the same time it can also be made to look bad. Bottom line it's still up to the individual to upgrade himself/herself to remain employable.

Think gahment will help protect your job? Maybe there's something they can do but it's limited. Think opposition party will be able to help? Help to remind gahment not to let in too many foreigners? Let's be realistic. This is just politics at play.

The unimaginable did happened and we all knew it. They lost votes. LoL... So when the time comes, kindly do the same. Let's just do our part. Whatever they do on tv is just wayang.

That is so true. Figures is so hard to verify... At the end of the day, did your life improve???

For me, I am pretty happy with the state of the country and most of what the government has done. EXCEPT two incidents

1) President election saga

2) Fake news law

52 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

This is exactly what they want and what most sgporeans dont want. The FW get too comfy and settle down...for good. I think he betrayed his thoughts by saying this.🙄

I am ok with foreign workers settling down and harmonious live with the community. Not so much if it’s a certain Ramesh who exhibit a out of character behaviour on a lower caste uncle in the job grade like how it’s done in India. 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I always take these overall numbers with a pinch of salt. I have a friend who worked in the ex WDA told me that these numbers are quite different from the actual grounds. For example, if an unemployed signed up for a course for a period of time (I think is 3 months), that person is counted as a student and not part of the workforce. So he or she is not counted as unemployed. That is why the government encourages skills upgrading courses during recession. Not sure if true as I never verify this information.

Anyway I saw the news last night. kee chiu sounded abit agitated when challenged. I think his reply is quite true, but the tone he used doesn't look too good on him.

To be upfront, you will not be able to police the workforce unless there is a kind of block chain way of tracking your workforce. And that’s where the question would be, are we micro managing ever company on how they hire, who they hire and how open the business landscape is?.

i would want to ask if the examples given by the previous years way of encouraging investment in Singapore is the same as the current landscape.

we have reach a stratosphere of been a metropolis of what LKY vision is. 

previously when Jurong was still a bit ulu, of course the FT would want to come invest , finish the 10years tax free status and get back to civilisation of the comfort of America.

unless there is a similar transfer of skills like what the semiconductor industry call it “2 in a box” where the local is identify to take over the role once he is groom to succeed in the transfer of his skill after 1 to 2 years, I don’t see how the local will move to be in a position to be a better manager of tomorrow.

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Never like him! From the start when he joined the party, the way he speaks, just another puppet

I also feel like a foreigner in my office, cost is always the concern for the company

Edited by denser
  • Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

unless there is a similar transfer of skills like what the semiconductor industry call it “2 in a box” where the local is identify to take over the role once he is groom to succeed in the transfer of his skill after 1 to 2 years, I don’t see how the local will move to be in a position to be a better manager of tomorrow.

But anecdotal evidence seems to be now,  locals are not even employed to Begin. 

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Playtime said:

But anecdotal evidence seems to be now,  locals are not even employed to Begin. 

They are slowly being eliminated because of millennials who start to question work life balance and how we work.

then we get club together as a workforce of unengage workers. 

kind of like Adam and Eve . Since want yo quote goldilocks we also quote other story.

what happen in Adam and Eve is eve was told not to eat the fruit. But for whatever reason , ate it. 

What happened next was ...

hey Adam come come .. eat eat .. good .. 

and we all kanna this tag of becoming sinners.

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

On tbe way to exams.. they can help you go through potential questions ma.. value added service woh... govt trying to help you ah.😂

I must admit, you got a superior brain because you nearly always able to think out of the box

an asset to our country

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

Call me xenophobic but I felt we are forced to integrate into their "culture" more often than not.

some times they ask questions like, its the Country (singapore) that needs us. So you should be grateful and try to adapt to the diverse culture. After all, we are only here and then we probably either move off to a better place because of our experience and talent if there is no more room for growth. Or there is a new opportunity in other countries.

Yesterday I watched the news seeing him talking about dunno what 7k and 10k job. Dunno what is he talking about leh. If you cannot convince them then confuse them!

• Haha! 5

6 hours ago, denser said:

Never like him! From the start when he joined the party, the way he speaks, just another puppet

I also feel like a foreigner in my office, cost is always the concern for the company

You tell me which one is not a puppet in that party? Lol.

26 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Have lah...

He was Pres :OTC

He was Nearly pres TCB.

And I suspect...

He Cannot be PM ..: tharman. 

Sure got others who quietly left .. or was moved out.

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, 13177 said:

sure got puppet master la.

maybe some lady who wears the pants in the household.

6 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

some times they ask questions like, its the Country (singapore) that needs us. So you should be grateful and try to adapt to the diverse culture. After all, we are only here and then we probably either move off to a better place because of our experience and talent if there is no more room for growth. Or there is a new opportunity in other countries.

I can't agree on that, because when we are in their land we need to adapt.

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Freeder said:

This CCS really small gas..

ask probing questions like machiam questioning his integrity..

Think no need parliament better..

Similar to some in management, buay zai.

when addressing people , must be more steady mah.

but dont fake zai and ask kids to kee chiu.....

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Yesterday I watched the news seeing him talking about dunno what 7k and 10k job. Dunno what is he talking about leh. If you cannot convince them then confuse them!

Just hate that Forced Smile...BTH..

• Praise 3

13 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Because lack of real life experience lah.

in army, who will ask questions?

Chey....

muayhahahahahaha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Playtime said:

Have lah...

He was Pres :OTC

He was Nearly pres TCB.

And I suspect...

He Cannot be PM ..: tharman. 

Sure got others who quietly left .. or was moved out.

Don't forget... 

Spoke out against the Population White Paper in Parly...: Inderjit

Allegedly slapped away...:Dhana

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1