Heathy diet reminder from MOH

Jusnel

Turbocharged

"Not only does calcium strengthen bones and teeth, an adequate lifelong intake also reduces your risk of osteoporosis. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are great sources of calcium. Pick low-fat or non-fat dairy products over full-fat dairy products to help maintain a healthy weight."

Do these dietitians actually read the labels? Low fat dairy products are piled high with added sugar vs the full fat version. I rather take the full fat version anytime, everytime. More flavorful with no added sugar (choose the original flavors rather than those with added choc, strawberries, fruits and whatnots). 

• Praise 6

11 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

"Not only does calcium strengthen bones and teeth, an adequate lifelong intake also reduces your risk of osteoporosis. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are great sources of calcium. Pick low-fat or non-fat dairy products over full-fat dairy products to help maintain a healthy weight."

Do these dietitians actually read the labels? Low fat dairy products are piled high with added sugar vs the full fat version. I rather take the full fat version anytime, everytime. More flavorful with no added sugar (choose the original flavors rather than those with added choc, strawberries, fruits and whatnots). 

Actually plain original low fat dairy products are nothing wrong.

• Praise 2

I think taking calcium alone won't help much. Need to have impact exercise and vit D from the sun to strengthen the bones.

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

just buy those plain low fat milk (no flavor).  I'm sure there is no added sugar in those plain ones.

anyway, i dont believe in low fat milk.  its not original milk. 

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

I think taking calcium alone won't help much. Need to have impact exercise and vit D from the sun to strengthen the bones.

of coz, exercise and vit D is important, on top of proper diet

Nowadays so much controversy.

You dunno what's good what's bad anymore.

But no one has said anything bad exercise.

So perhaps we should all eat less (of everything) and exercise more.

Neutral Newbie

I believe that you cann't exclude many foods from the diet, it's best to count calories and eat in small portions, but to saturate the body with all useful substances.

I support a healthy diet.

Some people say Mediterranean good, some people say keto good etc

I studied this and decided for myself go for

Anti-inflammatory diet 

:D

What foods starve inflammation?

Anti-inflammatory foods include dark, colorful fruits and vegetables such as cherries, raspberries, blackberries, spinach, kale and broccoli; plant-based proteins such as nuts and beans; olive oil, fatty fish and fresh herbs and spices such as ginger, garlic and turmeric.

Tomatoes, olive oil, green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and collards, nuts like almonds and walnuts, fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines, fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges.

So these must be really good right?

image.png.26d0f4b479a6127df62b6de6776f2f99.png

image.png.957c5b419d8dcc525aa7991ca52d7ab3.png

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Anti-inflammatory diet 

Anti-inflammatory foods include dark, colorful fruits and vegetables such as cherries, raspberries, blackberries, spinach, kale and broccoli; plant-based proteins such as nuts and beans; olive oil, fatty fish and fresh herbs and spices such as ginger, garlic and turmeric.

Tomatoes, olive oil, green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and collards, nuts like almonds and walnuts, fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines, fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges.

Actually food to me most important....

Is eat already won't Lao Sai.....and eat too much still won't get constipation. 🤣🤣🤣

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Anti-inflammatory diet 

for you better just go with Okinawan Diet ........ live long like your doting MIL 🤣 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

If a person eat 10 healthy meals a day everyday....consider healthy or not? LoL...

It is not just about quality but quantity as well. Control yourself.

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Diet very important. Just had my vegetarian drink... 100% plant ingredients and 95% water. Must be very good for my body. 

Screenshot_20220122_201947.jpg.6d3cd8fbc904e713a4280afa2c14aacb.jpg

Goes well with this.

100% veg cooked in 100% veg oil.

Double goodness of veg!

image.png.742f3878d692f8ea666b322446ece4fb.png

• Haha! 2

This is healthy

image.png.ba11ba08ab142296659489e789f274c3.png

This is not

image.png.43b78e14e43ebba397eca64eecdb24ce.png 

because people eat chips with tomato sauce and chilli sauce or mayo or thousand island

and all these sauces are full of sugar and salt or oils and fats.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:27 PM, Jamesc said:

People say eating salt gives people high blood pressure.

Really? People parrot a lot of things. Does it means its true?

Usually I don't bother with any of these medical research.  If I were to look into it, I would want to know these first

1) Who fund the research?

2) Who fund the institute or the facility doing that research?

Edited by Starry
↡ Advertisement