Autobacs got 🔪 kah you?

Mockngbrd

https://www.cpib.gov.sg/press-room/press-releases/putting-brakes-corrupt-dealings

PRESS RELEASE BY CPIB
Putting the Brakes on Corrupt Dealings

ABAC_18005_Cars@Expo_Digital_Banners_108

It is illegal to advance business interests through corrupt means. Perpetrators of such acts will face serious consequences.

2        On 6 January 2020, five individuals were charged in court with the following: 

a)    Ng Kiam Kiat (黄金吉), 54-year-old Singaporean male and Director of New Link Auto Trading (“NLAT”)

i.      5 counts of embarking on a course of conduct together with Woo Kwok Weng (“Woo”) and Chan Meow Hoon (“Chan”), to corruptly give Yeoh Boon Leng (“Yeoh”) and Wong Chen Keong (“Wong”), store managers of Autobacs Venture Singapore Pte Ltd (“AVS”),  gratification amounting to a total value of $603,883 as a reward to direct AVS’ mechanics to conduct more thorough checks on the vehicles of AVS' customers in order to increase sales orders for spare parts from NLAT, which constitutes an offence punishable under section 6(b) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, Chapter 241 read with section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. The charges are amalgamated charges pursuant to section 124(4) of the Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter 68.

b)    Woo Kwok Weng (胡国荣), 75-year-old Singaporean male and Director of NLAT

i.      5 counts of embarking on a course of conduct together with Ng Kiam Kiat (“Ng”) and Chan, to corruptly give Yeoh and Wong gratification amounting to a total value of $603,883 as a reward to direct AVS’ mechanics to conduct more thorough checks on the vehicles of AVS' customers in order to increase sales orders for spare parts from NLAT, which constitutes an offence punishable under section 6(b) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, Chapter 241 read with section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. The charges are amalgamated charges pursuant to section 124(4) of the Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter 68.

c)    Chan Meow Hoon (曾妙云), 54-year-old Singaporean female and Director of NLAT

i.      5 counts of embarking on a course of conduct together with Ng and Woo, to corruptly give Yeoh and Wong gratification amounting to a total value of $603,883 as a reward to direct AVS’ mechanics to conduct more thorough checks on the vehicles of AVS' customers in order to increase sales orders for spare parts from NLAT, which constitutes an offence punishable under section 6(b) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, Chapter 241 read with section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. The charges are amalgamated charges pursuant to section 124(4) of the Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter 68.

d)    Yeoh Boon Leng (杨汶龙), 47-year-old Singaporean male and Store Manager of Autobacs Venture Singapore Pte Ltd

i.      5 counts of embarking on a course of conduct together with Wong, to corruptly obtain from Ng, Woo and Chan, gratification amounting to a total value of $603,883 as a reward for directing AVS’ mechanics to conduct more thorough checks on the vehicles of AVS' customers in order to increase sales orders for spare parts from NLAT, which constitutes an offence punishable under section 6(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, Chapter 241 read with section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. The charges are amalgamated charges pursuant to section 124(4) of the Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter 68.

e)    Wong Chen Keong (黄俊强), 42-year-old Malaysian male and Store Manager of AVS

i.      5 counts of embarking on a course of conduct together with Yeoh, to corruptly obtain from Ng, Woo and Chan, gratification amounting to a total value of $603,883 as a reward for directing AVS’ mechanics to conduct more thorough checks on the vehicles of AVS' customers in order to increase sales orders for spare parts from NLAT, which constitutes an offence punishable under section 6(a) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, Chapter 241 read with section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. The charges are amalgamated charges pursuant to section 124(4) of the Criminal Procedure Code, Chapter 68.

3         Singapore adopts a strict zero-tolerance approach towards corruption. It is a serious offence to give or accept bribes from another individual or entity in return for favours. Any person who is convicted of a corruption offence can be fined up to $100,000 or sentenced to imprisonment of up to 5 years or to both.

4          The The CPIB looks into all corruption complaints and reports, including anonymous ones, and can be reached via the following channels:

a) Visit or write to us at the CPIB Headquarters @ 2 Lengkok Bahru, S159047 or Corruption Reporting & Heritage Centre @ 247 Whitley Road S297830;
            b) Call the Duty Officer at 1800-376-0000;
            c) Lodge an e-Complaint at www.cpib.gov.sg/e-complaint; or
            d) Email us at [email protected].

5          Where possible, the report should include the following information:
            a) Where, when and how the alleged corrupt act happened?
            b) Who was involved and what were their roles?
            c) What was the bribe given and the favour shown?

Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

mechanics to conduct more thorough checks on the vehicles of AVS' customers in order to increase sales orders for spare parts from NLAT

More thorough checks is actually good for consumers. Assuming it is just more thorough and not suka suka ask you to replace something that is not faulty.

Turbocharged

Tot this practise is normal in this scums and villains industry?? But why no Japanese names in it since it’s Autobacs?

14 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Tot this practise is normal in this scums and villains industry?? But why no Japanese names in it since it’s Autobacs?

ya man, my dad went to another "chain" they say all shock absorbers kaput and he so scared ! [laugh]

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

How the lobang pichar?

usually pichar by those who are in the know but unable to get a share of the deal

🤣

• Haha! 1

Such practices are common in the industry. This one kenna big time becos someone in the know prob got so disgruntled that he didn't get what he asked for and he just pichar everyone lobang..

else it should be biz as usual  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Such practices are common in the industry. This one kenna big time becos someone in the know prob got so disgruntled that he didn't get what he asked for and he just pichar everyone lobang..

else it should be biz as usual  

Obviously someone sabo.  How and why we will never know 

Twincharged
4 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

So many customers may have their spare parts changed when it actually still can be used. This is what i infer. If not, how the company got the money to pay the Autobacs managers the bribes?

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11814

Now where still got workshop repair parts one??  Everywhere I go to also tell me to replace.. With new or recon part... Never say will repair. 

29 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Now where still got workshop repair parts one??  Everywhere I go to also tell me to replace.. With new or recon part... Never say will repair. 

Good honest ones will 

↡ Advertisement