RIP Former Chief Justice of Singapore, Late Yong Pung How

Picnic06-Biante15

luckily you are not IB otherwise you might not get paid today.

first you engage watwheels about the topic then run around saying you don't like to engage others in the same topic after you can't convince them.

no wu mao for you today.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Kusje said:

luckily you are not IB otherwise you might not get paid today.

first you engage watwheels about the topic then run around saying you don't like to engage others in the same topic after you can't convince them.

no wu mao for you today.

The thing is, you cannot be convinced. I know your pattern one. I am only a lowly tisu seller, not at the level to engage and convince a high flyer 😁

but in real life it’s true, I don’t like to engage negative people. There’s objective people with negative views and there’s cynical people with negative views.

The former is still ok to have a conversation with but not the latter. So, I walk away.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

better negative amd cynical than a suckup.

dead fellow also wanna suck up. 

dying doesn't suddenly make anyone better. if a saint dies, you get a dead saint. if an a**hole dies, you get a dead a**hole and not a dead saint.

Edited by Kusje
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I don’t like to engage cynical or negative people

All politicians are both cynical and negative people, otherwise they can never win an election.

Exceptions being a freak election.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Kusje said:

better negative amd cynical than a suckup.

dead fellow also wanna suck up. 

dying doesn't suddenly make anyone better. if a saint dies, you get a dead saint. if an a**hole dies, you get a dead a**hole and not a dead saint.

Suck your ass lah.

Saying that he did a good job means sucking up ah?

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

The thing is, you cannot be convinced. I know your pattern one. I am only a lowly tisu seller, not at the level to engage and convince a high flyer 😁

but in real life it’s true, I don’t like to engage negative people. There’s objective people with negative views and there’s cynical people with negative views.

The former is still ok to have a conversation with but not the latter. So, I walk away.

To ignore and do nothing is a mortal sin

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Suck your ass lah.

Cool bro

All of us are on the same side but just different perspective

Just curious about sucking ass, use plastic or metal recycle straw 

I believe that for myself I try not to speak ill of the dead because for one they cannot reply. Once they are gone, let the past be the past unless there are lessons for the next generation to learn

The exception is the mod that opens Hell' s gate once every year

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

To ignore and do nothing is a mortal sin

I lowly tisu seller, not a high flyer, dun stay EC and dun earn 100k pa.

can only be 2nd class citizen.

tried to ignore and do nothing but sometimes I do get pissed off too

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Suck your ass lah.

Don't need to suck my ass. won't get you your wumao.

also no priority to pri sch for your kid.

Edited by Kusje
  • Sad 1

To all, please stick to the topic! Avoid posting irrelevant and insensitive comments. Take that as a form of respect for the dead. 

Action shall be taken against repeat violator. Thank you.

• Praise 9
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

:grin: wumao 

Trust me bro.. just put this guy to ur ignore list n u can surf mcf in peace.

i  know cos he's in mine since last year.

He shld be the most cynical + negative old bird here.. just let him rant in peace lor 🤣..

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Trust me bro.. just put this guy to ur ignore list n u can surf mcf in peace.

i  know cos he's in mine since last year.

He shld be the most cynical + negative old bird here.. just let him rant in peace lor 🤣..

shd be removed as there is no place for such vitriol here.....he can damn well do it in other places but not here

• Praise 3

On 1/12/2020 at 9:11 AM, Lala81 said:

True. Its easy to go one or the other way. I dunno how was he on that point but it was also a different era. Public sentiments also different. 

More importantly for someone high up is whether 待人有礼

This is true. 10-20 years ago, those appointed high up could be harsh and unreasonable, as there was no widespread social media, rendering them some protection from the public opinion. Hard to say, some believe that by being harsh and direct, they could be more effective?

When I started working in those days, I still heard horror stories of unreasonable bosses in workplaces, screaming at staff, throwing tantrums, etc. to get things done. I don't think this would be tolerated nowadays.

People are smarter and more educated. Everyone has an opinion. Cameras are all around [laugh]

4 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

This is true. 10-20 years ago, those appointed high up could be harsh and unreasonable, as there was no widespread social media, rendering them some protection from the public opinion. Hard to say, some believe that by being harsh and direct, they could be more effective?

When I started working in those days, I still heard horror stories of unreasonable bosses in workplaces, screaming at staff, throwing tantrums, etc. to get things done. I don't think this would be tolerated nowadays.

People are smarter and more educated. Everyone has an opinion. Cameras are all around [laugh]

Times have changed. Last time like you said, bosses can scream, throw tantrums in workplace. Last time teachers also can punished students using cane and even pull their hairs etc. But now all these cannot be tolerated liao. Dont know if last time people were less smarter and more tolerated or what? Lol.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement