Most honest used car ad ever?

Lethalstrike

In the US people will highlight all the things wrong with the car when they sell it.

Like brakes need changing and tyre botak etc.

I am not sure if this is to prevent getting sued 

or people do not want someone else to have an accident and get injured or die 

and they feel responsible for it.

Anyway if anyone selling a car with lousy brakes and botak tyres and bad steering maybe a botch repair job on a total loss vehicle I know someone who is very interested to get for his relative and he will even give you a very good price.

So sometimes honesty pays.

:grin:

I cannot tell you who is the person looking for this kind of car.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

In the US people will highlight all the things wrong with the car when they sell it.

Like brakes need changing and tyre botak etc.

I am not sure if this is to prevent getting sued 

or people do not want someone else to have an accident and get injured or die 

and they feel responsible for it.

Anyway if anyone selling a car with lousy brakes and botak tyres and bad steering maybe a botch repair job on a total loss vehicle I know someone who is very interested to get for his relative and he will even give you a very good price.

So sometimes honesty pays.

I cannot tell you who is the person looking for this kind of car.

I know of someone who owns a dud, ABS module faulty. You can go source for botak tires on your own before gifting it to your MIL. :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I know of someone who owns a dud, ABS module faulty. You can go source for botak tires on your own before gifting it to your MIL. :D

Let me know and I will er I mean my fren will give you a BIG referral fee.

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, Kyrios said:

And we all thought toyota is no horse run in terms of reliability and japanese 6sigma kaizen style quality 😁

Toyota was never simi quality. 

It is all about giving cheap cars for common ppl. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Jusnel said:

Toyota was never simi quality. 

It is all about giving cheap cars for common ppl. 

U ok bo?

Toyota cars r generally more ex than other brands. U must be another misleaded victim by the TL

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

U ok bo?

Toyota cars r generally more ex than other brands. U must be another misleaded victim by the TL

I think Honda more expensive. Mostly MIT also, same at Toyota. 

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

I think Honda more expensive. Mostly MIT also, same at Toyota. 

Ya AD Honda cars r equally ex.

But Pi have many cheaper option 

• Praise 1

Rusty steering or not, blur windows of not, whole car full if bugs or not, the ‘rolla sells itself. Coz unker, auntie,  grandfarder say it the bestest. BM SE is juz there to do paperwork and handover

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/10/2020 at 9:48 AM, Lethalstrike said:

I have never seen such an honest used car ad before on sgcarmart.

The owner must have been damn pissed off to post this to shame Toyota or Borneo Motors, rather than to sell his 2 months old Corolla :D

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=878381&DL=1000&GASRC=dy"

kwqyo4U.jpg

sold? is it got asked to remove before motorshow hahaha

On 1/12/2020 at 6:52 PM, alfakidz85 said:

sold? is it got asked to remove before motorshow hahaha

He probably only paid one-period subscription.... when expired I believe SGCARMART will probably just default label "sold"

• Praise 1

On 1/11/2020 at 10:18 AM, Hamburger said:

Either that owner simply spent 58 bucks to shame BM indirectly.

Witty move though and cheap too.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:48 AM, Lethalstrike said:

I have never seen such an honest used car ad before on sgcarmart.

The owner must have been damn pissed off to post this to shame Toyota or Borneo Motors, rather than to sell his 2 months old Corolla :D

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=878381&DL=1000&GASRC=dy"

Yes, I am inclined to think that the objective of the ad wasn't to actually sell the car, but perhaps as a means to get himself some bargaining power and get BM to maybe act on the issues he encountered more promptly since he probably had done so and was just brushed off. With the ad up and clearly spelling out 'factually' the issues, it could potentially have some impact on the perception of the car/model to prospective buyers, especially with it being a very new car. I guess rather than risk that, BM would rather act on this person's issues more proactively in exchange for having him remove the ad. 

• Praise 3

Lodge a complaint with our toothless tiger (CASE) also need to pay $50 + 7% GST (to become member) and result NOT guaranteed so might as well pay $58 to sgcarmart for better publicity and wider outreach. Who knows, it might even make it to international news, just like that Subaru F.U.C.K.S :D:D

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 4

39 minutes ago, Ronkovic said:

Yes, I am inclined to think that the objective of the ad wasn't to actually sell the car, but perhaps as a means to get himself some bargaining power and get BM to maybe act on the issues he encountered more promptly since he probably had done so and was just brushed off. With the ad up and clearly spelling out 'factually' the issues, it could potentially have some impact on the perception of the car/model to prospective buyers, especially with it being a very new car. I guess rather than risk that, BM would rather act on this person's issues more proactively in exchange for having him remove the ad. 

If its a second hand car can go small claims court. Quite effective.

17 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Lodge a complaint with our toothless tiger (CASE) also need to pay $50 + 7% GST (to become member) and result NOT guaranteed so might as well pay $58 to sgcarmart for better publicity and wider outreach. Who knows, it might even make it to international news, just like that Subaru F.U.C.K.S :D:D

This guy made the right move. It's much much more effective to pay the money to sgcarmart than give it to the toothless tiger and support it.

• Praise 4

Yes, sometimes it's not about the money, but about the principle. 

For a new car under warranty, you are entitled to seek a solution for these issues and have the agent rectify them accordingly and proactively. I can emphatise with his frustration because I encountered a similar issue with my G9 Corolla's steering column and it kept going tok-tok-tok and I was told it was 'normal', or would 'go away'; Persistence and negotiation is still needed in order to find yourself a solution, coupled  with a lot of frustration in between. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2