Jump to content
Lethalstrike

Most honest used car ad ever?

Recommended Posts

6th Gear
On 1/12/2020 at 11:13 AM, RogerNg_185295 said:

An altis cost 96888. Cheap or you dun know what you talking about?

Is Singapore the only country on earth? 

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
51 minutes ago, Ronkovic said:

Yes, sometimes it's not about the money, but about the principle. 

For a new car under warranty, you are entitled to seek a solution for these issues and have the agent rectify them accordingly and proactively. I can emphatise with his frustration because I encountered a similar issue with my G9 Corolla's steering column and it kept going tok-tok-tok and I was told it was 'normal', or would 'go away'; Persistence and negotiation is still needed in order to find yourself a solution, coupled  with a lot of frustration in between. 

agree with this. after years of driving, I find this as key motivation if not the #1 criteria to select the car or brand. Stories of ADs not being able to solve the problem or finding excuses not to replace the problematic part abound.  and this is not based on mere hearsay, even the trade or co insiders admit as much, but not on record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie (edited)
On 1/10/2020 at 3:48 AM, Lethalstrike said:

I have never seen such an honest used car ad before on sgcarmart.

The owner must have been damn pissed off to post this to shame Toyota or Borneo Motors, rather than to sell his 2 months old Corolla :D

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=878381&DL=1000&GASRC=dy"

kwqyo4U.jpg

I can't hold back my tears🤣

 

Edited by Casey123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

And here I thought Toyota cars were supposed to be of superlative quality and reliability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
20 hours ago, 7hm said:

And here I thought Toyota cars were supposed to be of superlative quality and reliability.

It's no longer the case after the era of the 9th generation Corolla, after which the Altis, Vios, Camry are all assembled in Thailand.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th Gear
On 1/22/2020 at 8:19 PM, Vinceng said:

It's no longer the case after the era of the 9th generation Corolla, after which the Altis, Vios, Camry are all assembled in Thailand.

Yeah, the 9th generation Corolla was one of the last to be made in Japan. Arguably the best corolla ever produced. You could still buy a brand new 9G corolla (Feng Tian Hua Guan) in China up to a few years back.

From the 10th generation onwards, the corolla nameplate split into Altis (international) and Axio (JDM) models. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
10 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Yeah, the 9th generation Corolla was one of the last to be made in Japan. Arguably the best corolla ever produced. You could still buy a brand new 9G corolla (Feng Tian Hua Guan) in China up to a few years back.

From the 10th generation onwards, the corolla nameplate split into Altis (international) and Axio (JDM) models. 

Actually the best Corolla ever was the  G7. That was the era when over engineering is applied to cheap cars too. It is just that it looks boring, but it doesn't look cheap. 

G8 was a significant downgrade from G7. 

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
On 1/14/2020 at 9:28 AM, Carbon82 said:

Lodge a complaint with our toothless tiger (CASE) also need to pay $50 + 7% GST (to become member) and result NOT guaranteed so might as well pay $58 to sgcarmart for better publicity and wider outreach. Who knows, it might even make it to international news, just like that Subaru F.U.C.K.S :D:D

If you are a PAssion Card member, all the fees are waived!

I know because my mom is a PAssion card holder and she lodged a complaint for her faulty washing machine through CASE and she did not need to pay a cent. 

Got the washing machine replaced so it was worth the trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
2 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

If you are a PAssion Card member, all the fees are waived!

I know because my mom is a PAssion card holder and she lodged a complaint for her faulty washing machine through CASE and she did not need to pay a cent. 

Got the washing machine replaced so it was worth the trouble. 

If case can get that Altis replaced then it's really quite worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
55 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

If case can get that Altis replaced then it's really quite worth it

U have so much faith in that org?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear
1 hour ago, Kia7200 said:

If case can get that Altis replaced then it's really quite worth it

Don't think CASE that powerful bah. 

Just for a washing machine must shoot letters and attend mediation session at CASE. Super waste of time fetch my mom up and down.

For a whole car I don't even dare to think of the effort and admin work needed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

U have so much faith in that org?

If la. Anyone who dare to question the reliability of Altis will firstly kana bash n insult

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×