3 killed in armed robbery, Lopburi Thailand: Murderer caught

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

CCTV video showing the incident: Watch at your own risk.

https://www.facebook.com/nirvanastupa888/posts/1550973295051665

rk_thailandshooting_100120.jpg.67a749e884a0afb28cae04beb1996bd0.jpg

A masked gunman walked into a shopping mall in central Thailand and opened fire, killing three people including a two-year-old, robbed a gold shop then escaped, police said on Friday (Jan 10).

Closed-circuit television footage from the Robinson mall in Lopburi province, about 145km north of Bangkok, shows the gunman walking to a counter at around 8pm on Thursday and shooting a seller and another victim before jumping on the counter and grabbing gold products.

The regional police commander, Lieutenant General Ampol Buaruppon, told reporters the man came into the mall alone and opened fire at a security guard who he came across and then started a shooting spree that killed three people and wounded another four.

"The robber was merciless. We are looking for him in every place. Please trust us, we will definitely get this man and bring him to justice," he said.

The parents of the two-year-old who died in the shooting posted a message on their Facebook page, saying: "We love you very much. We are so sorry that we cannot protect you. Rest in peace our angel."

↡ Advertisement
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 4

it's times like these, and b**tards like him that one really wish for The Punisher to mete out street justice.

He didn't have to open fire mah ... Or was it a hit disguised as a robbery ? 

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Aiyo, why shoot a child? 

If I have to guess, I suspect the robber/killer was on amphetamines during the deed. Blunts emotion. 

• Praise 2
  • Sad 1

What needs to happen to this gold-loving child murderer is what Khal Drogo did to Dany's brother, except much more slowly. I'll make him a gold G string before I make him a crown.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I just decided where to take MIL for holiday after CNY.

:grin:

Always come to MCF for the best ideas. 

No offence pal but this is not an appropriate thread for your MIL joke. I do like your humor but just not here please. Thank you.

• Praise 6

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Aiyo, why shoot a child? 

As a parent, I can imagine the pain of the mother. And she still manage to carry her kid and ran for a safer hide out, not many can have her level of calmness...

• Praise 6

Shot at point blank. Really merciless.

The cry from the mother  was excruciating to say the least.

Rip to all 3 victims. Haiz.....

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 2

Extremely heartbreaking incident. RIP to all who were taken away by this murderer.

He won't be able to kill so many in such a short time if he is not armed with a gun. It is just too easy to buy guns in Thailand. This is terrible.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

2_69.jpg.6daee7df8a14fdf11c6e04d420e23de1.jpg.c33648a9866d62b47b9eab841f5640ca.jpg

Thai police are expected to announce the arrest of a man wanted for killing three people at a shopping mall in Lopburi earlier this month.

Multiple Thai news sites report the 38 year old is believed to be a senior civil servant and is either a teacher and/or director at a school in neighbouring Singburi province.

Naew Na reported that the man is a teacher. He was arrested in Singburi and taken to a "safe house" where he admitted his involvement. 

Daily News reported that he was a teacher and a school director in Singburi.

They further suggested that their sources indicated that the primary motive for the incident was NOT robbery.

They gave no further details. 

Unconfirmed reports said the man confessed to the killing three people, including a two year old child, as well as seriously injuring four others and stealing gold worth more than 500,000 baht in the robbery at the Aurora gold shop at Robinsons in Lopburi on the evening of Thursday January 9th. 

He used a gun with a silencer, with the whole incident caught on CCTV.

He then fled on a motorcycle.

This prompted a huge manhunt in a case that has shocked the nation.

Thairath reported that two days after the incident the man was out having lunch with his girlfriend, very much carrying on with his own life like nothing had happened.

The man is currently being at Lopburi police station.

A press conference is due to be held imminently, where police are expected to reveal more details about the arrest. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2