Young singapore talent

Car_man

Internal Moderator

val9-min.jpg

Tiziano M o n z a

I was born March 3 2009. I am dual citizen of Singapore and Switzerland. I started karting at the age of 4.5 years. I have spent pretty much all my free time since that amazing first day on racetracks around the world. It is hard work, but I consider myself blessed that I have been given the opportunity to compete on the highest global level in this extremely competitive sport. I think I am what they call a “petrol head”.

LEMANS-2019-MINI-852-%C2%A9HELLOFOTO-28-

At the age of 6 ½ years I was issued an official racing license by the relevant sports body in Singapore which made me the youngest Singaporean ever to receive an internationally valid competition license.

Last year (2018) when I was just 9 years old, I represented Singapore at the IAME WORLDFINALS in Le Mans, France where I classified in 8th position, and ended the World finals in 11th position as the highest-ranking ASIAN Cadet driver. I raced in the newly formed Kart Republic racing team, founded by the karting legend Dino Chiesa. My encounter with Dino has had a profound impact on me and it is true to say that inspiration is everything.

Again, at the age of 9 I had the honor of making Singapore Motorsports history by being the first Singaporean to climb a top 3 podium in Europe. I finished 2nd in the prestigious IAME Winter Cup in Valencia, Spain. A few months later, I was again the first local Mini driver to win a race in Italy.

In 2019 I have embarked upon racing in Europe at the highest levels, competing in the WSK and in the Italian Championships amongst other events.

2020 will see major changes for me with a likely move to Europe to start racing in a semi-professional manner.

https://www.facebook.com/TizianoMonzaKarting/

Support this young Singaporean by liking his fb!