2020 Volkswagen T Cross

jadesun

Just saw the T cross launched at the SG Motorshow. Anyone considering / shortlisting the Volkswagen T cross for their next car? Though it's on the Polo platform but reviews are claiming it's interior space is pretty decent! Wanted to hear opinions and gather pple who are considering this model as well!

https://youtu.be/SELq4bRaUCc

1-volkswagen-t-cross-2019-uk-hero-front.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 1/11/2020 at 4:35 AM, jadesun said:

Just saw the T cross launched at the SG Motorshow. Anyone considering / shortlisting the Volkswagen T cross for their next car? Though it's on the Polo platform but reviews are claiming it's interior space is pretty decent! Wanted to hear opinions and gather pple who are considering this model as well!

https://youtu.be/SELq4bRaUCc

1-volkswagen-t-cross-2019-uk-hero-front.jpg

look see look see yes but still under homologation so cant see much cant touch touch also.

3 hours ago, alfakidz85 said:

look see look see yes but still under homologation so cant see much cant touch touch also.

ya man they said ETA July 😒

(edited)
22 hours ago, Soya said:

Still using dry DSG or not? 

VWs uses dry DSGs for most cars on the lower end of their range. Besides, the reliability of the dry DSG has improved. The wet DSG is not without it's problems too 🙂

Edited by jadesun

This DSG issue has left a very black mark on VW and whilst the claim is that it has been solved, skeptics are still not convinced.

On one hand, it may be true that it has been solved so no point harping on it any longer but on the other hand, it's once bitten, twice shy as GB issues are a real headache and very costly plus long downtime.

So to each his own, those who like VW cars and have confidence in the brand, just go ahead and buy a car which is generally well built and is the Toyota of the Western World. Those who are not convinced, just stay clear.

As for myself, I'm kiasu so unlikely I will bite but many times we buy cars with our hearts rather than our heads so if a model comes along that wins my heart, I could possibly bite, who knows?   

I saw this T Cross at the Motorshow, it looks good and being SUV I quite like it but price and drive feel needs to be verified.

• Praise 4

16 minutes ago, jadesun said:

VWs uses dry DSGs for most cars on the lower end of their range. Besides, the reliability of the dry DSG has improved. The wet DSG is not without it's problems too 🙂

I think the DQ200 fiasco has really damaged the reputation of the DSG gearbox as a whole. Regardless if the problem is solved, as long as its dry DSG, there will be a stigma against it. 

I remember VW Golfs & Jetta used to be a hot seller a few years back and the DSG gearbox key selling point. Well, the rest is history...just look at VW's sales numbers now.

I like VW cars for the drive they offer at that price bracket, I would have been a Golf owner now if not because of the DQ200.

Anyway, go for it with your eyes open, after all what's most important is that you must like what you buy.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone bought this? Any review on this car so far? Have been hearing some bad reviews on the Volkswagen gearbox. Is this car affected as well?

On 11/29/2020 at 12:44 AM, Ceecookie said:

20k premium over the rebadged Seat Arona.. quite a lot of difference for the same engine and chassis. 

To be fair, Arona has 15k rebate while T-Cross has 10k surcharge, maybe that's why. 

seems quiet here ..  last week i went to check out T-cross .. actually for a 999cc capacity .. it felt quite ok with 4 adults in it  . The inside space is surprisingly spacious .. but one thing i forgot to try is to see is the back seat can push the back support more to slanting position.. 

any T-cross owner to comment ?

Neutral Newbie

Nope cannot recline rear seat. Owned for a couple of years now, it can fit 4 quite easily, 5 with a little squeeze at the back!

↡ Advertisement