CUPRA Ateca Crossover

alfakidz85

The Cupra Ateca is a practical SUV with the 300hp engine and four-wheel-system from the fiendishly quick SEAT Leon Cupra 300.

As a result of this SEAT connection, you’re probably wondering ‘what’s happened to the SEAT badge?’ Well, it’s gone – Cupra is SEAT’s new performance sub-brand and the Cupra Ateca the first in a line of cars that will wear that badge.

To help your mind separate Ateca from Cupra Ateca, the latter has been given the new badge plus the full treatment from the accessories catalogue. As a result, you get huge 19-inch alloy wheels, a body kit, a quad exhaust system and LED headlights. The result is a car with purposeful styling, although the unfamiliar badge makes it look like the creation of a tuning house rather than a mainstream car. Some will like that, others won’t.

The changes inside are more subtle, but you get body-hugging sports seats (complete with questionable looking carbon fibre vinyl bolsters) some Cupra badges and more fake-looking carbon fibre trim on the dashboard. Sadly, it’s not enough to redress the gloomy, almost exclusively jet-black cabin plastics that make the interior feel a little too dowdy for a genuinely sporty car like this.

Seat-Ateca_Cupra-2019-1024-01.jpg.f52db73c4d5d57c18eaca5055070ebe0.jpg

18606_5_l.thumb.jpg.b69ee9282fd13ca8faaad4425a0a0626.jpg

18606_6_l.thumb.jpg.fd2f75284510d38d7927c1762aec5e55.jpg

Seat-Ateca_Cupra-2019-1024-02.jpg.7aa7439f335b8386028605ffc6a7f4c8.jpg

18606_8_l.thumb.jpg.970141aed4033fa2d433dbd7a3cc909d.jpg

Seat-Ateca_Cupra-2019-1024-3e.jpg.0a6890706728736de5545197b92c6bc7.jpg

Seat-Ateca_Cupra-2019-1024-46.jpg.9b48d3bee6cb4fda0051aa9375b42ce9.jpg

cupra-logo.thumb.jpg.82f628d5533eda39f85d8375ba0b791e.jpg

https://www.cupraofficial.com/

Even the presenter in the video finds the CUPRA branding confusing

So as some may know i am on the look out for an SUV type of car, you can also call it window shopping maybe will buy maybe not. Went to the Singapore Motorshow. Viewed the Venue and Seltos but left pretty much disappointed/underwhelmed/unimpressed (for a lack of better word) with the Venue. Too basic too funky. Maybe my taste will change in future but dunno. So now i'm back to square one. and then I found the CUPRA Ateca. but i understand it's not even launched yet. Did some searches on the forum and found info of the CUPRA inside the SEAT thread but it was somewhere in the middle and images all cant view.

the CUPRA Ateca looks gd! i'm unfamiliar with the SEAT brand. been to the showroom once. but confused with the branding. is this a SEAT or not? saw some websites stating its a SEAT Ateca Cupra. confusing enough. opening this thread here for bros who are potentially looking for an SUV in the near future!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

13 hours ago, alfakidz85 said:

The Cupra Ateca is a practical SUV with the 300hp engine and four-wheel-system from the fiendishly quick SEAT Leon Cupra 300.

As a result of this SEAT connection, you’re probably wondering ‘what’s happened to the SEAT badge?’ Well, it’s gone – Cupra is SEAT’s new performance sub-brand and the Cupra Ateca the first in a line of cars that will wear that badge.

To help your mind separate Ateca from Cupra Ateca, the latter has been given the new badge plus the full treatment from the accessories catalogue. As a result, you get huge 19-inch alloy wheels, a body kit, a quad exhaust system and LED headlights. The result is a car with purposeful styling, although the unfamiliar badge makes it look like the creation of a tuning house rather than a mainstream car. Some will like that, others won’t.

The changes inside are more subtle, but you get body-hugging sports seats (complete with questionable looking carbon fibre vinyl bolsters) some Cupra badges and more fake-looking carbon fibre trim on the dashboard. Sadly, it’s not enough to redress the gloomy, almost exclusively jet-black cabin plastics that make the interior feel a little too dowdy for a genuinely sporty car like this.

Seat-Ateca_Cupra-2019-1024-01.jpg.f52db73c4d5d57c18eaca5055070ebe0.jpg

18606_5_l.thumb.jpg.b69ee9282fd13ca8faaad4425a0a0626.jpg

18606_6_l.thumb.jpg.fd2f75284510d38d7927c1762aec5e55.jpg

Seat-Ateca_Cupra-2019-1024-02.jpg.7aa7439f335b8386028605ffc6a7f4c8.jpg

18606_8_l.thumb.jpg.970141aed4033fa2d433dbd7a3cc909d.jpg

Seat-Ateca_Cupra-2019-1024-3e.jpg.0a6890706728736de5545197b92c6bc7.jpg

Seat-Ateca_Cupra-2019-1024-46.jpg.9b48d3bee6cb4fda0051aa9375b42ce9.jpg

cupra-logo.thumb.jpg.82f628d5533eda39f85d8375ba0b791e.jpg

https://www.cupraofficial.com/

Even the presenter in the video finds the CUPRA branding confusing

So as some may know i am on the look out for an SUV type of car, you can also call it window shopping maybe will buy maybe not. Went to the Singapore Motorshow. Viewed the Venue and Seltos but left pretty much disappointed/underwhelmed/unimpressed (for a lack of better word) with the Venue. Too basic too funky. Maybe my taste will change in future but dunno. So now i'm back to square one. and then I found the CUPRA Ateca. but i understand it's not even launched yet. Did some searches on the forum and found info of the CUPRA inside the SEAT thread but it was somewhere in the middle and images all cant view.

the CUPRA Ateca looks gd! i'm unfamiliar with the SEAT brand. been to the showroom once. but confused with the branding. is this a SEAT or not? saw some websites stating its a SEAT Ateca Cupra. confusing enough. opening this thread here for bros who are potentially looking for an SUV in the near future!

I'm driving SEAT Ateca and it's definitely an upgrade for me coming from the past cars I drove previously.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the concerns for getting a SEAT in Singapore are:

1. AD reliability - Vertex
Vertex used to be the AD for Chery and there may not have a track record compared to the likes of BM, VCS, C&C, etc. I have yet to go for my first servicing but I have good rapport with my SE, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for now. 

2. Car reliability 
The earlier VW cars suffered from DSG issue and if there's any issue with VW parts, the same will likely happen for SEAT. I took the AWD variant of Ateca which comes with 'wet' DSG that supposedly has better reliability compared to the 'dry' DSG. 

2 of my friends who sat in my car thought it's a Suzuki. But once I explained to them it's SEAT, they understood the difference. Not having a SEAT badge but Cupra badge might help for the badge conscious. 

Anyhow, I heard from my SE the incoming Cupra Ateca will come with virtual cockpit. Looking forward to seeing it at the showroom once it's here. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

The problem is not with the Seat badge but with your friend"s knowledge on cars. 

Btw, the infotainment is a joke 

Won't exactly fault them since both of them are car-noob, though I thought the slanted S of Suzuki badge is quite different from the straight S of SEAT badge. :D

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Splinter said:

Won't exactly fault them since both of them are car-noob, though I thought the slanted S of Suzuki badge is quite different from the straight S of SEAT badge. :D

Yup. Not everyone is a car-fanatic like us (drivers). Some can't even recognize car brands, let alone different models within a brand. You park behind a Arona and they probably say its the same car.

Slanted S of Suzki vs straight S of SEAT.

Slanted H of Hyundai vs straight H of Honda. 🤭

Neutral Newbie

When you activate Apple CarPlay and use Google maps/ Waze , can you display the Google maps/waze map in the virtual cockpit? 

On 1/18/2021 at 9:40 PM, Koster said:

I remember it was abt 180k when launched. Perhaps COE was lower than though.

Still too expensive for a Seat no matter how many bhp

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Soya said:

Still too expensive for a Seat no matter how many bhp

Well chicken rice been chicken rice, once it’s boon Tiong Kee it becomes 9 dollars instead of 4 

↡ Advertisement