NCD will restore from 20% to 50% if I renew insurance with current insurer?

iphone8

5 hours ago, iphone8 said:

My question is about the NCD status for 2021 if I renew my insurance in 2020.

If it will change to 50%, I will renew with current insurer.

If it will change to 30%, might as well change to other insurer now.

See my above post.

If the other insurers are aware of your NCD (at 20% as you have confirmed) and they did not get a single cent from the NCD protector premium you have paid to the original insurer in 2019, why would they accord you NCD of 50% for 2021?  

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

See my above post.

If the other insurers are aware of your NCD (at 20% as you have confirmed) and they did not get a single cent from the NCD protector premium you have paid to the original insurer in 2019, why would they accord you NCD of 50% for 2021?  

They can get 1 new loyal customer. I never change insurer since I owned a car. 

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

In your case, it's because of MAS seriously f up.  Singapore has NO consumer protection.

In other jurisdiction, notably Malaysia & India, culprit insurer has to compensate victim regardless whether insured action is legal or illegal.

If i am your fren, i will write a super long email to complain.  MAS "victimise" victim for property damage.

You have a good point, but he already got a new car and moved on already. Now waiting to see what will happen to the driver, who's 77 year old, btw...

Apart from license suspended, the other well-documented cases are drink driving right? Also not covered... 

MAS is really si bey f up...

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, iphone8 said:

They can get 1 new loyal customer. I never change insurer since I owned a car. 

Sorry to say this, but I doubt any insurer will care about "loyalty".

You are assessed based on how much risk you posed to the insurer.

13 hours ago, Voodooman said:

See my above post.

It looks like the insurance company has a lot of power to decide how much NCD to deduct.

Normally, how much NCD is deducted from an accident?  50% becomes 20% or 0%?

By now, many should have realized "NCD Protector" is a con-job.

It is nothing more than a promise for the insurance company to be "merciful to insured". How merciful? At the insurance company's discretion.

To the company, the insured already impose a big loss on them, they are merciful to even quote for renewal.

So please.... never ever pay extra for this item.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Atrecord said:

You have a good point, but he already got a new car and moved on already. Now waiting to see what will happen to the driver, who's 77 year old, btw...

Apart from license suspended, the other well-documented cases are drink driving right? Also not covered... 

MAS is really si bey f up...

Yah, the drink driving not-covered thingy is also f--ked up...

I have advised friends before that - forget about doing the right thing if they get into collision with drunk driver.... NEVER poh mata.... just treat as normal accident and claim accordingly.... otherwise their righteousness will become their regret later.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

I have advised friends before that - forget about doing the right thing if they get into collision with drunk driver.... NEVER poh mata.... just treat as normal accident and claim accordingly.... otherwise their righteousness will become their regret later.

Sorry hoh, why would an insurer want to provide any cover for illegal act?

What's really f up is MAS.  It does not provide any form of consumer protection to insured.

NCD is purely bulls**t, last time when my NCD discount is increasing 10% every year. I still pay more premium every year despite my car getting older. The NCD 10% can nvr keep up with the inflation of the ins coy premium.

3 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

This is GREAT advice!

We must praise MAS for creating such a situation!

Edited by andrewyewkc

13 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Sorry to say this, but I doubt any insurer will care about "loyalty".

You are assessed based on how much risk you posed to the insurer.

Maybe you are right.

Normally insurer will give the best offer to new customer. All promo are exclusive for new customers only.

5 hours ago, awhtc said:

It looks like the insurance company has a lot of power to decide how much NCD to deduct.

Normally, how much NCD is deducted from an accident?  50% becomes 20% or 0%?

If the fault is not from you, the NCD will remained at 50%.

If the fault is you, the NCD will reduce to 20% for first accident. NCD will be 0% for the next accident.

4 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

You are right. We cannot judge he is sober or drunk.

Just claim insurance from the other party is win-win. 

Both can claim the damage from insurance company.

1 hour ago, iphone8 said:

If the fault is not from you, the NCD will remained at 50%.

If the fault is you, the NCD will reduce to 20% for first accident. NCD will be 0% for the next accident.

Now I know how it works... thanks.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, iphone8 said:

Just realize after paying NCD protector for so many years...

Other insurer is few hundred cheaper even with 20% NCD. 

The current insurer is 30% more even with 50% NCD!

AIA lor ......... if really AIA, go change windscreen, FREE film lor....

↡ Advertisement