Removing very old sticky residue

Lala81

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I hate to hang up cny deco cause after taking it down, very difficult to remove the glue residue on the wall and glass panel. My windows glass in one of my room, the dry glue residue that the previous owner was left behind, after so many years still cannot be remove! And the window glass looks so ugly lo.

Use blutac even if double-sided tape is provided.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

55 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. got mole remover service mah.

I can imagine your property agent ask you the reason for selling the house, and you reply him. . .

"oh, I cannot remove the sticker on my door."

😂😂😂

@Lala81 is exactly asking for mole remover service now mah...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

I use guardian alcohol swab $4.80 for 100 pieces. Good for car DIY. For tougher ones, i use Goo Gone, find it quite good

610968-1-zoom.jpg

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:45 AM, Lala81 said:

Have some old (5 years old) sticky residue from double sided tape on my front door (zzz leftover from 5 years ago when i used double sided tape for CNY decorations). 
I tried to remove it back then but then procrastinated cos i was busy then. Then haha now it's 5 years on.

Scrapping it doesn't work cos it's just a very thin residue that u can see and hardly feel.

It's the usual laminated type of door. Anyway to remove it without damaging the laminate?

Other than Rubbing alcohol, any other suggestions?

There are 2 ways.

1. Use scotch tape and tape over, then peel. Do repeatedly, it should work and is the least messy way.

2. If above doesnt work, use a dissolving agent.  Turtlewax brand sells it. Spray and wipe off, might need a few applications

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

. My windows glass in one of my room, the dry glue residue that the previous owner was left behind, after so many years still cannot be remove! And the window glass looks so ugly lo.

I wouldn't touch it with my bare hands - it could be the same stuff as Jamesc's sticky magazines....

• Haha! 3

Sorry hijack:

How to remove super glue residue(overflow) on marble table surface?

Tried nail polish remover not working at all.....

10 minutes ago, Si4dr said:

Sorry hijack:

How to remove super glue residue(overflow) on marble table surface?

Tried nail polish remover not working at all.....

Google CA Debonder.

Anyway update is this week, I'm too busy to try all the stuff listed yet. 

I bought the 3M adhesive remover spray but still in the plastic bag.
Reason i didn't want to buy the other solutions is due to the flammability and in case my kids play with them (though they are very good in this aspect).

Will update next week IF i have time. 

Still wondering if I should just stick something on for CNY and procrastinate some more [:p]

• Haha! 2