Removing very old sticky residue

Lala81

38 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

八百年了,俺还在等...-_-[laugh][laugh]

佛祖只关我五百年 。。。 要不是你妖气太重 也不至于被关之久 😂 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

8 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Have some old (5 years old) sticky residue from double sided tape on my front door (zzz leftover from 5 years ago when i used double sided tape for CNY decorations). 
I tried to remove it back then but then procrastinated cos i was busy then. Then haha now it's 5 years on.

Scrapping it doesn't work cos it's just a very thin residue that u can see and hardly feel.

It's the usual laminated type of door. Anyway to remove it without damaging the laminate?

Other than Rubbing alcohol, any other suggestions?

I used "Seal xpert SP40" which is something similar to wd40. Spray and soaked it, use squeegee or similar to scrapped it off.

• Praise 3

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Thinner good for removing contact cement. Nail polish good for super glue. 

Be careful with thinner - it often removes more than just the sticky stuff.  Turpentine safer to use, only resort to thinner if other solvents fail to do the job.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Be careful with thinner - it often removes more than just the sticky stuff.  Turpentine safer to use, only resort to thinner if other solvents fail to do the job.

Yes be careful with thinner...it reacts with metal. I got burnt once because of the ring on the finger.

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

Looking at the thread title, I thought it was started by some TKR... [:p]

OK back to the topic, I normally use acetone, IPA or cooking oil and they works 99% of the time. WD40 don't seems to work for me. 

• Praise 5

9 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Looking at the thread title, I thought it was started by some TKR... [:p]

OK back to the topic, I normally use acetone, IPA or cooking oil and they works 99% of the time. WD40 don't seems to work for me. 

Where you get acetone? I remember acetone can only find in my company lab. Lol.

21 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Change flat lor, like that. 🤣

Must sell off first mah. 

It's like zha bor got big mole on face also minus points right lol

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Front door of my flat... 

CNY coming, buy a bigger rat to paste over it. I had a wall feature that was left over by the previous owner 2 years ago, i have finally removed it last months and out up a piece of  my wall  that was in the storeroom for 2 years.

4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

CNY coming, buy a bigger rat to paste over it. I had a wall feature that was left over by the previous owner 2 years ago, i have finally removed it last months and out up a piece of  my wall  that was in the storeroom for 2 years.

Haha cny decorations must come down one day also... 

Internal Moderator
36 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Must sell off first mah. 

It's like zha bor got big mole on face also minus points right lol

hahaha. got mole remover service mah.

I can imagine your property agent ask you the reason for selling the house, and you reply him. . .

"oh, I cannot remove the sticker on my door."

😂😂😂

• Haha! 4

28 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I hate to hang up cny deco cause after taking it down, very difficult to remove the glue residue on the wall and glass panel. My windows glass in one of my room, the dry glue residue that the previous owner was left behind, after so many years still cannot be remove! And the window glass looks so ugly lo.

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. got mole remover service mah.

I can imagine your property agent ask you the reason for selling the house, and you reply him. . .

"oh, I cannot remove the sticker on my door."

😂😂😂

I believe some people might really sell off due to some funny reason. I really have an uncle who sold off his car due to the stickers on the exterior of the car starts to peel off and spoilt the car paint. The stickers came together with the car when he bought it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1