Move to raise private-hire firms' service, safety standards

awhtc

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Now then i know even rider feedback to grab/gojek that the driver drive dangerously, and yet grab never talk to the individual driver whats went wrong?! No wonder there are still so many phv driver driving still really cannot make it?

Grab got send warning reminder.. But the message is generic.. 

The message is something like.. 

We received feedback from rider that you are driving dangerously. Please be reminded to check Blindspot, do not speed. This is a 1st warning reminder message. (something along this line). 

So when driver received this warning reminder message. How the hell the driver will know exactly what he need to focus on to improve. Anyone can write generic reminder message, but a very specific message to driver which area that rider feedback on will have more impact to driver to improve on safety aspect. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I got 2 warnings from Grab.

"we received report that you have been driving dangerously...blah..blah..blah"

I asked Grab CS, where and when, which case ? They wouldn't tell me. Just something vague like that. So how am I going to improve ? What is dangerous driving ? I've never weave in and out of traffic, always stay in lane and queue. Maybe I accelerate a little fast at times, when it was necessary but that particular rider sees it as dangerous or concern about safety.

Since it's all ambiguous, it's not downright dangerous driving as far as I'm concerned. It's a matter of interpretation. From then on, I just drive slow all the time to mitigate such reports.

I'm always aware that there is "TP" sitting inside my car, and all the rules are up to him to decide. Outside where's there's a real TP, they never bother me or summon me.

Sometimes how to define dangerous driving might depends on individual. Some people find if the ride is not comfortable or jerky see it as dangerous driving, or you change lane sharply view it as dangerous driving? 😂

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Sometimes how to define dangerous driving might depends on individual. Some people find if the ride is not comfortable or jerky see it as dangerous driving, or you change lane sharply view it as dangerous driving? 😂

Yes, very subjective.

And rider is not trained like TP. His interpretation is based on his mood, his sensitivity, etc.

He may not even have a license to know why you drive a certain way, under certain situation. And traffic situation changes every second, with all kinds of drivers around you. There are buses that stop suddenly or obstacles on the lane which you have avoid, etc.

Anything can be miscontrued by the rider, besides the obvious case of aggressive driving, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic.

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Yes, very subjective.

And rider is not trained like TP. His interpretation is based on his mood, his sensitivity, etc.

He may not even have a license to know why you drive a certain way, under certain situation. And traffic situation changes every second, with all kinds of drivers around you. There are buses that stop suddenly or obstacles on the lane which you have avoid, etc.

Anything can be miscontrued by the rider, besides the obvious case of aggressive driving, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic.

Ya, if you brake slightly harder also can consider dangerous driving. And it is very easy for driver to brake hard lo. Lol.

11 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Yes, very subjective.

Subjective is one thing.. Without knowing what exactly went wrong is worst off as compared to knowing what rider feedback is, although driver may not completely agree with the rider feedback. But that is different story as at least driver knows the rider feedback.. And it is up to driver to decide his next course of action.. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement