Feedback on Safe Driving Course

Jamesgetz

Recently, I received 12 demerit points for beating a red light.  Subsequently received a letter from TP to take up safe driving course which can cancel off 4 demerit points upon course completion.

Has anyone tried taking the course before?  Is there a test at the end of the session?  Tried looking online for more info but it only says 3.5hr theory session and 50 min practical session.

More info on those who are curious on this course:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/safe-driving-course-revises-rules-to-help-drivers-cut-4-demerit-9360268

↡ Advertisement

17 minutes ago, badlammy said:

Don't bother la.

But will remove 3 or 4 demerit points (can't quite remember the exact no) after completion of course. This is a lot of points.. 

5 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

But will remove 3 or 4 demerit points (can't quite remember the exact no) after completion of course. This is a lot of points.. 

The best way is drive safely and don't incur anymore demerit points.

I said don't bother because I remember the T&C says if you make another traffic offence, the deducted points will be reinstated on top of your new offence, something along that line.

That's why best is still not make no more mistake and let it reset after a year.

2 hours ago, Jamesgetz said:

Recently, I received 12 demerit points for beating a red light.  Subsequently received a letter from TP to take up safe driving course which can cancel off 4 demerit points upon course completion.

Has anyone tried taking the course before?  Is there a test at the end of the session?  Tried looking online for more info but it only says 3.5hr theory session and 50 min practical session.

More info on those who are curious on this course:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/safe-driving-course-revises-rules-to-help-drivers-cut-4-demerit-9360268

1. Likely no test, it is meant to help you.

2. If you pass the test or  after attending the program, you gain 3 points reduction.

3. Even if there is a test and you fail it, you have no loss.

4. If you do nothing and suay suay get another 12 points, you will need to hire a chauffer. 

5. Alternatively, do  nothing, drive safely and pray .

Edited by Ct3833

Go for it

It might save your life.

:grin:

The instructor will show you things you never knew.

Edited by Jamesc

Even the "best" driver on occasion may misjudge and ran a red light. It gets worse when it's dark and raining.

There are so many red light cameras around, it's best you slam on the brakes, when you're possibly crossing between amber and red.

Accident ? Who cares ? As long as you're not snapped by a red light camera.

Go for the course, sit and listen. But you may forget about it once you leave, but you have some rewards.

29 minutes ago, Soya said:

What does the course for red light beaters consist of? Instructions on how to step on the brake?.....lol

How to step accelerator harder to beat green light?

8 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Even the "best" driver on occasion may misjudge and ran a red light. It gets worse when it's dark and raining.

There are so many red light cameras around, it's best you slam on the brakes, when you're possibly crossing between amber and red.

Accident ? Who cares ? As long as you're not snapped by a red light camera.

Go for the course, sit and listen. But you may forget about it once you leave, but you have some rewards.

You really have to just remember where the red light camera junctions are and only slow down for those.

The rest just put your foot down lah.

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

You really have to just remember where the red light camera junctions are and only slow down for those.

The rest just put your foot down lah.

Bro, too many red light cameras already.

Every time I see amber, I'll slam on the brakes, unless I'm too close to the junction, then I'll accelerate across. Red light cameras, heavy fines, demerit points, doesn't help you to drive safely, but to drive as not to get caught.

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Bro, too many red light cameras already.

Every time I see amber, I'll slam on the brakes, unless I'm too close to the junction, then I'll accelerate across. Red light cameras, heavy fines, demerit points, doesn't help you to drive safely, but to drive as not to get caught.

The only way left is to stop every time its red whether got camera or not.

This is the only choice left.

Driving can be so difficult.

24 minutes ago, Blueray said:

if cheong another red light during the course means total 24 points ? [:p]

Yup.  Beating another red light will mean licence will be suspended.   The safe driving course will help prevent this as it will expunge 4 points from my current record.