Finding Freelance to do Car Cam

Ka_kia

Just want to share to fellow forum users to be careful when finding freelance/shop to do car camera. If its a shop, DIE DIE to take receipt for the service/goods. If its a freelance, I think better dont engage in case of future disputes.

I have got a used car from a dealer and I noticed the car cam that came with the used car is faulty. So got the dealer's contact Sky to install a Marbella KR8S which I had used before in my previous car. Did not wanted to swap over to newer car cause find the swapping troublesome and decided to give the existing car cam in newer car a try only to discover it was faulty after few days.

Anyways Sky who i believe owns a shop at 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A #03-09 did up the dashcam in Dec 19 but did not give a receipt saying I could go to him if i experience any issues.

True enough after 2 weeks, the dash cam wifi failed and cannot connect to my phone. I then try to contact him but he was evasive and rude.

Then I ended up seeking manufacturer help and they are kind enough to do a swap for me.

Listed all the evidence to caution users against using freelance/shops who dont give receipts. I suspect he sold me a faulty dash cam and will be making police report.

Lesson learn is always get an official receipt so you can dispute should there be any issues in future.

1st Pic is Sky whatsapp pic.
2nd and 3rd is his rude and evasive acts. I called multiple times but he did not ans.
3rd pic is the replacement receipt by Maka.

Car Cam Scam.jpg

Car Cam Scam 1.jpg

Scam 2.jpg

maka.PNG

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

I also get him to install my dash cam last time in late 2016. 

I bought my own maka camera and called him up to install. 

I must say his after sale service not so good.  I had one or two questions, after installation,  and but his response rather unfriendly. 

I take it that my camera is not from him, so he's pushing responsibility away.

He knows that anything wrong, we can go back to maka. 

So my new dash cam, I never call him up. 

• Praise 2

Poh mata le. Do biz until so rude and evasive. Take money that time is very polite and ans. I even treat him drink. Got problem that time scold ppl lan jiao. Haiz.....

Why do biz until so shameless. 👎

Capture.PNG

44 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

Poh mata le. Do biz until so rude and evasive. Take money that time is very polite and ans. I even treat him drink. Got problem that time scold ppl lan jiao. Haiz.....

Why do biz until so shameless. 👎

Capture.PNG

Seriously? U poh mata for this? Actually i keen to know what the mata can do to sky the freelance installer or what u hope sky will do to please u now. 

No offence. I caught the part that sky said u can go to maka early in morning but when its him, it can only be late (at night?). Machiam his time is not as precious to u.

Anyways, he has a choice to suit your timing or not. So he cannot kpkb on this.

Pls keep us updated. Thanks for sharing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Seriously? U poh mata for this? Actually i keen to know what the mata can do to sky the freelance installer or what u hope sky will do to please u now. 

No offence. I caught the part that sky said u can go to maka early in morning but when its him, it can only be late (at night?). Machiam his time is not as precious to u.

Anyways, he has a choice to suit your timing or not. So he cannot kpkb on this.

Pls keep us updated. Thanks for sharing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Yes seriously why not poh mata. Since there is a chance he may have sold a faulty unit to me and is so evasive and rude when I try to contact him to assist. If thats the case, I pose as a freelance and sell others faulty stuff that I know, dont give receipt. Isnt it a scam?

Then if like that, isnt it a loophole, I can take a lot of lousy car cam and pose off as new and sell faulty one. Speaking of which, he requested for my iroad v9 which was replaced by the KR8S and i agreed to give him to "disect" as he calls it.

Like i say, previously in my old car, i got a KR8S and it lasted more than 1 yr with no issue.

Sky assumed i can go to maka early but i told him i will also be able to go to Maka only after 6pm like I can go to him after 6pm. I mentioned Maka as previously i was texting him but he did not reply and i got fed up. May as well get a receipt since he claims he has a shop and go to Maka with an official receipt right?

At the instant i texted him, i do not know Maka operating hours, I assumed that the installer who is installing in a carpark near delta house will give an appointment with me after 6pm. Thats when he text me to say lanjiao and claimed Maka will not wait for me after 6pm. That is based on his assumption also.

This pose just to serve as a lesson learn for 3rd parties who also know this sky and is considering to use him. Like aother user has mentioned, he also has bad experience with this fellow.

I am just thankful to Maka for swaping my unit and my intention is to warn ppl about engaging freelance and if its a shop, always get a receipt.

As for what I expect Mata to do, well, let mata do their work lor. I also shared the potential scam bit with the IO which he says it has a point and the police will look into it.

I dont think Mata will do anything to sky unless like others also complain about such issues ba. Mata will refer user to case and small claims tribunal only.

Just to drive my point that I also only will be going to Maka after work. That is after 6pm.

Didnt exactly paid attention to previous upload that was truncated.

U decide la. Such services....👎

Screenshot_1.jpg.png

53 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

Yes seriously why not poh mata. Since there is a chance he may have sold a faulty unit to me and is so evasive and rude when I try to contact him to assist. If thats the case, I pose as a freelance and sell others faulty stuff that I know, dont give receipt. Isnt it a scam?

Then if like that, isnt it a loophole, I can take a lot of lousy car cam and pose off as new and sell faulty one. Speaking of which, he requested for my iroad v9 which was replaced by the KR8S and i agreed to give him to "disect" as he calls it.

Like i say, previously in my old car, i got a KR8S and it lasted more than 1 yr with no issue.

Sky assumed i can go to maka early but i told him i will also be able to go to Maka only after 6pm like I can go to him after 6pm. I mentioned Maka as previously i was texting him but he did not reply and i got fed up. May as well get a receipt since he claims he has a shop and go to Maka with an official receipt right?

At the instant i texted him, i do not know Maka operating hours, I assumed that the installer who is installing in a carpark near delta house will give an appointment with me after 6pm. Thats when he text me to say lanjiao and claimed Maka will not wait for me after 6pm. That is based on his assumption also.

This pose just to serve as a lesson learn for 3rd parties who also know this sky and is considering to use him. Like aother user has mentioned, he also has bad experience with this fellow.

I am just thankful to Maka for swaping my unit and my intention is to warn ppl about engaging freelance and if its a shop, always get a receipt.

As for what I expect Mata to do, well, let mata do their work lor. I also shared the potential scam bit with the IO which he says it has a point and the police will look into it.

I dont think Mata will do anything to sky unless like others also complain about such issues ba. Mata will refer user to case and small claims tribunal only.

Hmmm...thanks for sharing. 

I missed the possibility of this being part of a scam and till you shared, not heard of this sky character. 

Personally,  i scare die, scare hungry and scare ghosts so will not let freelance or skylance touch on any installation in my ride especially if it involves cutting wires. I scare car on fire too.😅

Glad u got a replacement working cam now. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

11 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

Just to drive my point that I also only will be going to Maka after work. That is after 6pm.

Didnt exactly paid attention to previous upload that was truncated.

U decide la. Such services....👎

Screenshot_1.jpg.png

Personally I think you have been too impatient. Your exchange started close to 9am in the morning, and by 1pm already want to poh mata! I would think you should give more time and set an ultimatum dateline for the installer to do rectification.

As these freelance installers most likely sell you things at thinner margin, so they would not be so inclined to replace your with a new one but rather will ask you to go through a checking process to double confirm that really got problem and not due to human factor. But you have been too kang cheong already lah.

Hope you learn something out of this. You want cheap, then better know the risks and willing to take them when things go south. Seriously no one can guarantee that the car cam they sell to you will be working well for the next 2 years, so if you are minimal hassle, please get your services from brick-and-motar shops only. And I really cannot understand why you did not insist on a receipt. After-sale services always hinge on that piece of paper. I feel for you, but you really have to evaluate your thinking else history sure repeat itself one of these days, maybe bigger than this peanut case, like buying car from a shady PI and ganna run-road treatment. Good luck in getting police help on this.

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Personally I think you have been too impatient. Your exchange started close to 9am in the morning, and by 1pm already want to poh mata! I would think you should give more time and set an ultimatum dateline for the installer to do rectification.

As these freelance installers most likely sell you things at thinner margin, so they would not be so inclined to replace your with a new one but rather will ask you to go through a checking process to double confirm that really got problem and not due to human factor. But you have been too kang cheong already lah.

Hope you learn something out of this. You want cheap, then better know the risks and willing to take them when things go south. Seriously no one can guarantee that the car cam they sell to you will be working well for the next 2 years, so if you are minimal hassle, please get your services from brick-and-motar shops only. And I really cannot understand why you did not insist on a receipt. After-sale services always hinge on that piece of paper. I feel for you, but you really have to evaluate your thinking else history sure repeat itself one of these days, maybe bigger than this peanut case, like buying car from a shady PI and ganna run-road treatment. Good luck in getting police help on this.

The nite before, i have message him but was met with unfriendly and irrelevant snide remarks. Too bad the message was deleted.

I gotten a KR8S from Maka with installation for $319 and I got from this Sky at $330. Both with installation just that Sky is able to do at my home. I did not go back to Maka cause of the convenience in having Sky to do fast and not have to schedule appointments etc. So for your point, I did not want it cheap. I just want it FAST! lol.

If you think of having a cheap price to be associate with lousier quality/service and you have to take a risk, I understand where you are coming from but I do not agree. An example is saying PI cars vs Authorized Dealer cars are different with the latter more superior for same spec same model car.

They cannot guarantee will work 2 years. They just need to honor what was promised, at least to troubleshoot when the item the sold become faulty.

The receipt portion is a bit tricky, I asked for one but he said come on la bro, got problem come to me la. So being accommodating and trusting, I did not chase for it. If he die die not able to provide, or write on a blank piece of paper, what can i do? Deny payment after it is installed and poh mata ah?

@Jusnel u ask for receipt when this guy do installation? No also? lol

As for the shady PI, that itself is more complex than this case ba, so I cannot comment on that lol.

As for being impatient, the message is for all to see, when I ask him (A), he digress with (B). Such attitude is a no no for sales ba.

Just sharing folks and learn from the GOLDEN Rule of no receipt = no payment = poh mata. At least for me la. Why must I always pay good money and kena shit services. No logic right?

54 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

The nite before, i have message him but was met with unfriendly and irrelevant snide remarks. Too bad the message was deleted.

I gotten a KR8S from Maka with installation for $319 and I got from this Sky at $330. Both with installation just that Sky is able to do at my home. I did not go back to Maka cause of the convenience in having Sky to do fast and not have to schedule appointments etc. So for your point, I did not want it cheap. I just want it FAST! lol.

If you think of having a cheap price to be associate with lousier quality/service and you have to take a risk, I understand where you are coming from but I do not agree. An example is saying PI cars vs Authorized Dealer cars are different with the latter more superior for same spec same model car.

They cannot guarantee will work 2 years. They just need to honor what was promised, at least to troubleshoot when the item the sold become faulty.

The receipt portion is a bit tricky, I asked for one but he said come on la bro, got problem come to me la. So being accommodating and trusting, I did not chase for it. If he die die not able to provide, or write on a blank piece of paper, what can i do? Deny payment after it is installed and poh mata ah?

@Jusnel u ask for receipt when this guy do installation? No also? lol

As for the shady PI, that itself is more complex than this case ba, so I cannot comment on that lol.

As for being impatient, the message is for all to see, when I ask him (A), he digress with (B). Such attitude is a no no for sales ba.

Just sharing folks and learn from the GOLDEN Rule of no receipt = no payment = poh mata. At least for me la. Why must I always pay good money and kena shit services. No logic right?

What can the police do? Did the installer commit a crime?

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

What can the police do? Did the installer commit a crime?

Lol, i can only update when the mata updates me.

But i check with the mata and the IO actually ask me to lodge a police report.

23 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

Lol, i can only update when the mata updates me.

But i check with the mata and the IO actually ask me to lodge a police report.

Since u already make police report, u can bring this up to Maka. 

They sure be v concerned coz it's their branding and product involved on police records 

I know Sky buys from Maka. He also claimed to be authorised installer for Maka?

If he is really an authorised installer, I'm sure Maka will talk to him, since it's a police case.

If he is not authorised installer,  frankly nothing u can do, except to complain to the whole world and hopefully no one will go to him in future. 

He got carousel listing. Maybe u can make some review in there? 

28 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

Since u already make police report, u can bring this up to Maka. 

They sure be v concerned coz it's their branding and product involved on police records 

I know Sky buys from Maka. He also claimed to be authorised installer for Maka?

If he is really an authorised installer, I'm sure Maka will talk to him, since it's a police case.

If he is not authorised installer,  frankly nothing u can do, except to complain to the whole world and hopefully no one will go to him in future. 

He got carousel listing. Maybe u can make some review in there? 

What i know is different. His source of car cam is from a guy names sean. 

Btw u no ask for receipt for the installation alao right bro?

Nah i dont go to maka la. Since i have no proof of him saying is an authorised installer for maka. As far as i know. The authorised installer for maka is 1 china guy. I dono his name. Lol

3 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

Why must I always pay good money and kena shit services. No logic right?

I do not want to comment further on the case, as I do not have all the details and hate to start doubting what you put forward. I am sure if Sky is around he would have a lot to say about you too.

Btw your above sentence is full of flaws. Ever heard of a fool and his money are soon parted? You as a consumer must take responsibility in doing due diligence and have the appetite to accept risks that you are taking. Kpkb after things turn sour does not really achieve anything, especially if you are partially responsible also.

Have a good day and hope your story have a happy ending.

2 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

What i know is different. His source of car cam is from a guy names sean. 

Btw u no ask for receipt for the installation alao right bro?

Nah i dont go to maka la. Since i have no proof of him saying is an authorised installer for maka. As far as i know. The authorised installer for maka is 1 china guy. I dono his name. Lol

i cant rem if i ask for receipt.  maybe don't have.

Anyway, i just check his carousel posting.  He claim to be exclusive authorised reseller of Marbella products in Singapore.

23 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

i cant rem if i ask for receipt.  maybe don't have.

Anyway, i just check his carousel posting.  He claim to be exclusive authorised reseller of Marbella products in Singapore.

Can screenshot the posting here as i dono what to search for in carousell. Lol search sky?

Once u posted. I take it up to maka to clarify. 

2 hours ago, Heartlander said:

I do not want to comment further on the case, as I do not have all the details and hate to start doubting what you put forward. I am sure if Sky is around he would have a lot to say about you too.

Btw your above sentence is full of flaws. Ever heard of a fool and his money are soon parted? You as a consumer must take responsibility in doing due diligence and have the appetite to accept risks that you are taking. Kpkb after things turn sour does not really achieve anything, especially if you are partially responsible also.

Have a good day and hope your story have a happy ending.

The police will not investigate further.  I do not see the installer commit any crime.  Mostly I read it's the buyer fault. 

3 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

Can screenshot the posting here as i dono what to search for in carousell. Lol search sky?

Once u posted. I take it up to maka to clarify. 

If he is not the authorized installer,  maka also will not bother .  You wanna save money but end up more hassle for yourself.  You dun need to work one meh?

Edited by RogerNg_185295
Spelling
↡ Advertisement