Singaporean woman's wedding with 'ang moh' husband at Clementi void deck is like no other

kobayashiGT

2 hours ago, ALTK said:

Void deck wedding good! Ang bao $20 can bring whole family go jiak bah bah.🤭😝

But I think poolside swimwear wedding party more interesting...with bikini lion dance maybe 😂

Ya, go atas hotel needs to give ang bao $200 but go void deck ang bao can give $20. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Ya, go atas hotel needs to give ang bao $200 but go void deck ang bao can give $20. Lol.

Basket...void deck wedding angpow 20 dollah onli ah? I gib my standard $100. Void deck or Ritz Carlton same same.

Afterall, the purpose of angpow is meant as a good luck blessing to the happy couple rite? Not so much to pay for the inappropriately expensive venue or for the couple to profit from it rite?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Soya said:

Basket...void deck wedding angpow 20 dollah onli ah? I gib my standard $100. Void deck or Ritz Carlton same same.

Afterall, the purpose of angpow is meant as a good luck blessing to the happy couple rite? Not so much to pay for the inappropriately expensive venue or for the couple to profit from it rite?

High ses spotted 

No leftovers...replenish by the hour also no need so much...

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, ALTK said:

Void deck wedding good! Ang bao $20 can bring whole family go jiak bah bah.🤭😝

But I think poolside swimwear wedding party more interesting...with bikini lion dance maybe 😂

too little lah bro. yes, it's just a token sum as a gift for the newlyweds, but cost of living rising. even void deck wedding easily can cost 30 grand

4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

High ses spotted 

No leftovers...replenish by the hour also no need so much...

No la, I don't mean leftovers as in others eat oredi then cannot finish then they pass to me to eat 

They usually serve in one big serving to whoever sit in the same table and if I happen to sit down after others have started or nearly finish, I eat whatever that's left of that serving

16 minutes ago, Soya said:

No la, I don't mean leftovers as in others eat oredi then cannot finish then they pass to me to eat 

They usually serve in one big serving to whoever sit in the same table and if I happen to sit down after others have started or nearly finish, I eat whatever that's left of that serving

These days, Malay wedding also many buffet liao lor, the last few I went to all jiak buffet, ownself take ownself find seats, no more sit down one table of 4-6 then serve you.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

The last one I went in yishun, went for 2nd round of food, came back my seat ppl take liao, end up eat standing...[laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

These days, Malay wedding also many buffet liao lor, the last few I went to all jiak buffet, ownself take ownself find seats, no more sit down one table of 4-6 then serve you.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

The last one I went in yishun, went for 2nd round of food, came back my seat ppl take liao, end up eat standing...[laugh]

Hahaaa...Now got official starting time for makan or own time own target?

9 minutes ago, Soya said:

Hahaaa...Now got official starting time for makan or own time own target?

I don't think got official starting time for makan,  but need to wait for ceremony finish first,  after that is OTOT liao,  before that I never see anyone touch the food.  So I always ask aga aga what time the ceremony,  then I reach like 15-20 min earlier. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But I got see many come after the ceremony and just go OTOT attack the food. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I don't think got official starting time for makan,  but need to wait for ceremony finish first,  after that is OTOT liao,  before that I never see anyone touch the food.  So I always ask aga aga what time the ceremony,  then I reach like 15-20 min earlier. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But I got see many come after the ceremony and just go OTOT attack the food. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I ever attended angmoh wedding overseas b4. Exactly like those u see on TV or movies. Bride throw garter belt, got live band w wedding singer, lots of dancing, chio bridesmaids, etc...lol. Very celebratory and festive

• Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

So most people interested on the food than the ceremony. Lol.

I prefer wedding at MPH...can come and go freely after giving my blessings to the couple or parents of the newly wed couple

No need to wait till last dish then can go queue up to shake hands of people I don’t know and don’t care at banquet 

No need to sleep with full stomach overnight especially when still have to work the next day

• Praise 3

19 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I prefer wedding at MPH...can come and go freely after giving my blessings to the couple or parents of the newly wed couple

No need to wait till last dish then can go queue up to shake hands of people I don’t know and don’t care at banquet 

No need to sleep with full stomach overnight especially when still have to work the next day

Thats why nowadays many couple prefer to hold the wedding banquet at lunch. So that people still have free time even after the wedding lunch ended. Recently went to one wedding lunch and coming soon another also wedding lunch.

My Jewish colleague told me he's not surprised it's a void deck wedding. They very tight with spending money. Not I say he say one. 

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, dsman said:

too little lah bro. yes, it's just a token sum as a gift for the newlyweds, but cost of living rising. even void deck wedding easily can cost 30 grand

Wah 30 grand...can throw 20 tables in hotel ballroom liao! 

• Haha! 2

14 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Singaporean woman's wedding with 'ang moh' husband at Clementi void deck is like no other

meetingmp.jpg

(Ms Sim Ann, Senior Minister of State at the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth and Ministry of Communications and Information, made a surprise appearance at the wedding)

Grace said: "What made everything extra special was a surprise visit from the Member of Parliament for Holland-Bukit Timah, Ms Sim Ann, who probably heard about the wedding too!

"I can’t think of a better way to witness this beautiful multicultural wedding right here in Singapore."

On and off we will also see Malay wed Chinese, Malay wed Indian, Indian wed Chinese, BUT nobody will find it any special, especially when the wedding were held at void deck or MPH (it will in fact be a blessing for the newly wed when no one "hiam" the shabby wedding venue). So what is the big hoo-ha with this particular wedding? Sad to say, but the typical AMDK mindset at play.

As a MP, Sim Ann can always get the information from TC when someone booked the void deck / MP for any event, so not really a surprise appearance but intended one, probably an opportunity for more exposure through social media. I am more interested with how much is her Ang Bao... :D :D 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

17 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I thought now Malay wedding go Concorde Hotel?

16 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Sometimes these SOP (lavish) chinese wedding dinners feel more like company D&Ds.

Except gotta pay to attend and no lucky draws....lol

↡ Advertisement