Singaporean woman's wedding with 'ang moh' husband at Clementi void deck is like no other

kobayashiGT

wah.. like this also must publicize, go viral.

how about an ang moh funeral, like no other ?

actually I see many Malay weddings held on a void deck. I give them the thumbsup  [thumbsup]

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement

14 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

wah.. like this also must publicize, go viral.

Hidden sub-text : Foreigners in our midst, make effort at "integration" [laugh]

• Praise 1

On 1/15/2020 at 1:43 PM, 13177 said:

Ya, go atas hotel needs to give ang bao $200 but go void deck ang bao can give $20. Lol.

Actually not bad what.. Can save a lot of money.. This is the best, if not later argue about the banquet if not enough ang bao money to cover for the cost.. 

Most important thing is to have cash on hand.. They are very clever.. 

Edited by Yewheng

Neutral Newbie

I was one of the guests of this amazing wedding. Since many of you throw mud on the way this wedding was organized, I would like to come with some specifications and explanations. The first thing that many of you bothered was the fact that newlyweds gave up on cultural traditions and a standard way to celebrate weddings in Singapore. Well, show me where is it written that the weddings must be celebrated only in a specific way? The other thing that bother you much was the dress code of the newlyweds. Since then the clothes make the man? I used to have another opinion on this point. In fact, I don’t want to contradict your opinion about my friend’s wedding. I simply want to say that pompous weddings aren’t the equivalent of a happy marriage.  

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Sabria said:

I was one of the guests of this amazing wedding. Since many of you throw mud on the way this wedding was organized, I would like to come with some specifications and explanations. The first thing that many of you bothered was the fact that newlyweds gave up on cultural traditions and a standard way to celebrate weddings in Singapore. Well, show me where is it written that the weddings must be celebrated only in a specific way? The other thing that bother you much was the dress code of the newlyweds. Since then the clothes make the man? I used to have another opinion on this point. In fact, I don’t want to contradict your opinion about my friend’s wedding. I simply want to say that pompous weddings aren’t the equivalent of a happy marriage.  

Aren’t u being abit sensitive?

I read thru the thread again n by and large, most comments about the wedding were positive. The couple was praised for being prudent and also for the fact that they could make a normally plain void deck wedding into a classy one.

I didn't read anything negative about dress codes nor giving up cultural traditions or having a standard way of celebrating weddings in Singapore.

The only critical comment and I personally won’t even call it that was some remarks that other couples who had void deck weddings didn’t attract so much attention so no big deal.

• Praise 8

15 minutes ago, Spring said:

I read thru the thread again n by and large, most comments about the wedding were positive. The couple was praised for being prudent and also for the fact that they could make a normally plain void deck wedding into a classy one.

I didn't read anything negative about dress codes nor giving up cultural traditions or having a standard way of celebrating weddings in Singapore.

The only critical comment and I personally won’t even call it that was some remarks that other couples who had void deck weddings didn’t attract so much attention so no big deal.

Bro, pang chance.

Newbie 2nd posting ONLY.

Hypersonic

I support the couple.

I would like to see more Chinese local ladies agree to marry Chinese local guy at the void deck.

:grin:

And no need to give 4 pieces of gold to the bride mother.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

And why must local guys take local ladies to atas expensive aircon restaurants for a first date?

Take them five foot way can already lah.

If an angmoh did that wah so romantic - al fresco dining under the stars.

If its a local guy the girl will say - so cheapo one, no aircon, so hot.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

My own colleagues actually tell me 

last time her then boyfriend now husband

always want to go park he so cheapo one.

She don't want so hot must go aircon place.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

At the end of the day the lady see the man's race.

If he is local one rule for him.

If he is ang moh then its a different rule.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

If the man not ang moh and ask for void deck wedding how many local ladies will accept?

That's why I like Malay ladies not so materialistic and happy to have a void deck wedding.

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Spring said:

Yah lah so many Malay couples have void deck wedding and never featured in the news.

Is it because he is ang moh?

If it is then this is very racist coverage.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic

Say no to racism.

Learn to love and accept people of different races.

I love ladies from Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand and Taiwan.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Spring said:

You are right, most of us gave positive comments.

just that we also thought its no big deal to worth any special highlight.

Some people just want to say they attended the wedding mah.

the “my friend...” syndrome.

by the way, my friend spent about $8mil on his wedding on his private island.  My friend , my friend , my friend, blah blah blah

muayhaha

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
19 hours ago, Jamesc said:

My own colleagues actually tell me 

last time her then boyfriend now husband

always want to go park he so cheapo one.

She don't want so hot must go aircon place.

where become husband liao arh? hahah. must have some hidden skills. hahahahha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1