Subaru got it all wrong in 2020 Forester FUCKS

carloverguy2017

Internal Moderator

hahaha. imagine the conversation.

Friend: aye, what Subaru you driving arh?

Subaru owner: oh. Subaru f**k lor.

Friend: woah. you don't like your car meh? just bought only leh.

😂

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. imagine the conversation.

Friend: aye, what Subaru you driving arh?

Subaru owner: oh. Subaru f**k lor.

Friend: woah. you don't like your car meh? just bought only leh.

😂

some cars are R Type.. Subbie is F#ck Type...😣 🙄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

It's actually been given alot of press coverage overseas. Several of the American, Philippine and European car sites have shown it.  So in actual fact it's given them exposure. 

Whether it's positive or negative exposure is open for discussion, but it's definitely exposure that is based on laughs. 

But as with many Singaporean things, I don't think either MI, motorshow officials or gahmen couldn't hold their nerve and had to remove it. The Singaporean-way or Singapore's perception to world always has to be "serious", "efficient" or "the best". Heaven forbid a situation where it might make people laugh. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

It is probably true that there is no bad publicity in this case?

Well you be hard press to shy away from a response on the Body kit when some one ask why the spoiler so uglier than usual but you bought it.

yeah f**k kit . 

2 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

It's actually been given alot of press coverage overseas. Several of the American, Philippine and European car sites have shown it.  So in actual fact it's given them exposure. 

Whether it's positive or negative exposure is open for discussion, but it's definitely exposure that is based on laughs. 

But as with many Singaporean things, I don't think either MI, motorshow officials or gahmen couldn't hold their nerve and had to remove it. The Singaporean-way or Singapore's perception to world always has to be "serious", "efficient" or "the best". Heaven forbid a situation where it might make people laugh. 

I just came from the car show. Can confirm all sign if the F.U.C.K.S edition is now gone. The stickers on the ground and even the signage. 

It's too bad they couldn't hold their nerve, because as much as I don't like the car, it's still cool they had the nerve to do it. 

4 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

I just came from the car show. Can confirm all sign if the F.U.C.K.S edition is now gone. The stickers on the ground and even the signage. 

It's too bad they couldn't hold their nerve, because as much as I don't like the car, it's still cool they had the nerve to do it. 

U mean not PR mistake ? Oops .. marketing mistake?

now very sensitive when using PR.

Edited by Sdf4786k

53 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

U mean not PR mistake ? Oops .. marketing mistake?

now very sensitive when using PR.

Almost 100% sure they knew what they were doing. Those words and fonts were chosen very specifically. The problem is likely they didn't expect it to draw that much press coverage. Likely it was "too successful". I'm also confident there would have been people offended by it (its Singapore) and made complaints they didn't want to contend with. 99%of people would take it as a laugh. The remaining 1% would take some offence for some reason. 

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

Almost 100% sure they knew what they were doing. Those words and fonts were chosen very specifically. The problem is likely they didn't expect it to draw that much press coverage. Likely it was "too successful". I'm also confident there would have been people offended by it (its Singapore) and made complaints they didn't want to contend with. 99%of people would take it as a laugh. The remaining 1% would take some offence for some reason. 

Definitely, this was no oversight. The creative team or advertising firm (in-house/outsource) surely will notice this, how can they not?? It could well be deliberate or someone at the upper management gave the approval despite alerts from own staff.

The case of when ppl will say "see I told ya!!"

1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

Definitely, this was no oversight. The creative team or advertising firm (in-house/outsource) surely will notice this, how can they not?? It could well be deliberate or someone at the upper management gave the approval despite alerts from own staff.

I wouldn't use the word creative on the team esp when they came up with the ah beng and gold fish advert etc which merely degrades the brand.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

Honestly, I think the creative team actually were quite smart. I saw the car on several international automotive blog sites (eg carscoops, the drive and jalopnik) and even some non-automative ones like mashable.

You never see anything from the Singapore Motor show internationally because it's a non-event on the world stage. 

Who cares if it's crude humour.  It's wasn't bad exposure (no one got hurt) and it actually got car people talking about the actual car itself (see Jalopnik)- more so than any other car company in Singapore has gotten for the last 5 years. Heck, people were even questioning what engine was within it (a STI-tuned engine perhaps? Not realising that SG actually gets the worst engines at the highest prices).

I'm just disappointed MI or Subaru couldn't hold their nerve and keep the name.  It's not like Sunaru need to uphold a reputation of luxury like BMW or Lexus.  After all Subaru does have a history of being a boy-racer car (with their WRX etc) - so own it. 

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

After over a decade, MI still running those tasteless chao ah beng ah huat aquarium ads thinking it’s sibei ‘funny’ and ‘creative’

This was probably juz a continuation of the cheapening the brand name by the AD. Yawnnn......move along, nothing new to see here

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Soya said:

After over a decade, MI still running those tasteless chao ah beng ah huat aquarium ads thinking it’s sibei ‘funny’ and ‘creative’

This was probably juz a continuation of the cheapening the brand name by the AD. Yawnnn......move along, nothing new to see here

Agree. Subaru is a very competent brand but why MI spend money to deliberately cheapen the brand name?  Makes no sense to me. The marketing team is better off doing nothing at all.

↡ Advertisement