ICA Warns Of Heavy Checkpoint Traffic Over CNY, Start Your Journey Earlier So You Reach On Time

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

ICA Warns Of Heavy Checkpoint Traffic Over CNY, Start Your Journey Earlier So You Reach On Time

Source: https://mustsharenews.com/heavy-traffic-checkpoint-cny/

ICA-Warns-Of-Heavy-Checkpoint-Traffic-Ov

Traffic At Woodlands & Tuas Checkpoints Will Be Heavy For CNY, Don’t Cut Queues To Save Time

Many people in Singapore will drive to Malaysia during the Chinese New Year holidays, either to celebrate with relatives or just to take advantage of the break.

Immigration Checkpoints Authority (ICA) has warned that traffic is expected to be heavy between 25-28 Jan, reported Channel NewsAsia (CNA).

traffic-woodlands-cny.jpg

Heavy traffic during CNY, delays expected at checkpoints

According to CNA, ICA cleared a whopping 475,000 travellers on the Friday before Christmas in 2019.

This is around 60,000 more than their daily average of 415,000 travellers.

For the upcoming festive season, delays are expected since there will be security checks on top of the higher-than-average number of travellers. ICA said that “traffic build-up is inevitable”.

Traffic departing from Singapore is anticipated to be heavy from 17-28 Jan.

Meanwhile, arrival traffic to Malaysia during 25-28 Jan is expected to be slow too.

Factor in extra time for travelling

In light of the festive season, it’s safe to assume that crossing the checkpoints will take a few hours.

To avoid any delays in your travel plans, it will be wise to factor in extra time for travelling. You can also check OneMotoring to check out the traffic conditions before you leave the house.

traffic-woodlands-cny-2.jpg

Most importantly, remember to visit the bathroom before you head for the checkpoints. You wouldn’t want to be stuck in a jam with nowhere to run to.

Check your passports

ICA also reminded travellers to ensure that their passports have a validity of at least 6 months.

traffic-woodlands-cny-3.jpg

Prohibited and controlled items like bak kwa and eggs, as well as firecrackers, cannot be brought across the checkpoints.

Those who bring such items in should “proactively make declarations to… officers prior to checks”.

Be gracious when travelling across the border

While we might be in a hurry to get to our destinations, we should not forget to be gracious.

Don’t cut the queues during the peak periods and be courteous to the officers who are working during the public holidays.

Just make sure you dont be like this can le.

image.png.4c72dcdf1040519b17fac934bf6cbc5e.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Why are they stating the obvious? 

got news to report better than nothing to report mah. like dec you go japan, they will also remind you to wear winter clothes. hahaha.

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Why are they stating the obvious? 

So if u kpkb kena stuck in 5 hour jam coz ICA onli open 2-3 counters and officer chop passport speed maciam snail, they can say "smlj, told u oredi wat".....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

12 minutes ago, Soya said:

So if u kpkb kena stuck in 5 hour jam coz ICA onli open 2-3 counters and officer chop passport speed maciam snail, they can say "smlj, told u oredi wat".....

Hahahaha...that is by default the reason for the jam right? anyways since the last time I got stuck for over 3 hours (on the MY side) returning to SG during the august long weekend, I have decided, no more driving into malaysia during the long weekends...not worth the time spent in the jam...

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Hahahaha...that is by default the reason for the jam right? anyways since the last time I got stuck for over 3 hours (on the MY side) returning to SG during the august long weekend, I have decided, no more driving into malaysia during the long weekends...not worth the time spent in the jam...

but 475K of 5.7M people need to cross 

consider very small percentage liao

assuming a big percentage of the 475K are on work permit and not even considered as resident of 5.7M population

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Mrlancergtx said:

U count the number of counters they spent taxpayer money to build and then onli open like 30% of it, sibei tulan everytime I pay income tax

Hire more ppl to chop passport really that difficult meh? I'm sure ICA can pay higher than Grabfood delivery boy and i'm sure they rather sit in a/c booth chop passport than needing to go shout at MP n all...

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Take train to malaysia faster and guaranteed no jam. Lol.

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Soya said:

U count the number of counters they spent taxpayer money to build and then onli open like 30% of it, sibei tulan everytime I pay income tax

Hire more ppl to chop passport really that difficult meh? I'm sure ICA can pay higher than Grabfood delivery boy and i'm sure they rather sit in a/c booth chop passport than needing to go shout at MP n all...

Bro, this is the only way SG gov. to make SGporeans not to spend $$$$$$ over at Malaysia by making all of you frustrated. Imagine the amount of $$$ flowing into M.....and not into their pockets. 👀👫👫

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Take train to malaysia faster and guaranteed no jam. Lol.

Bro, the last time (august long weekend) there was human jam in those checkpoints too....so almost every one kena the jam! Those in the cars were possibly better off (sitting) than standing!

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Luckcent said:

Bro, this is the only way SG gov. to make SGporeans not to spend $$$$$$ over at Malaysia by making all of you frustrated. Imagine the amount of $$$ flowing into M.....and not into their pockets. 👀👫👫

I think most sgporeans did not get frustrated cause jams at custom still happening. Lol.

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Bro, the last time (august long weekend) there was human jam in those checkpoints too....so almost every one kena the jam! Those in the cars were possibly better off (sitting) than standing!

I experience the human jam in checkpoint once. I literally drain finish my phone for watching video. 😂

2 minutes ago, Mrlancergtx said:

Take train also got affected? How come? Thought train has their own checkpoint counter?

↡ Advertisement