ICA Warns Of Heavy Checkpoint Traffic Over CNY, Start Your Journey Earlier So You Reach On Time

kobayashiGT

11 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Yeah, motorists should give the officer $1 for every passport stamped.

I think he will stamp very fast.

i have proposed this before 

this is the same strategy used in NTUC and almost all supermarkets in the world

the faster you scan ... you got incentives ! 

of course ... errors will also be punished !

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

5 hours ago, Wt_know said:

still jam ... then $300 :D

If erp really become $300, the road itself might be smooth but the jam would be diverted to others nearby roads lo! Lol. You see the nearby roads near CTE is very jam due to many people take alternative road to escape the ERP. 🙄

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If erp really become $300, the road itself might be smooth but the jam would be diverted to others nearby roads lo! Lol. You see the nearby roads near CTE is very jam due to many people take alternative road to escape the ERP. 🙄

Then every road $300 :D

• Haha! 2

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 2:15 PM, Soya said:

U count the number of counters they spent taxpayer money to build and then onli open like 30% of it, sibei tulan everytime I pay income tax

Hire more ppl to chop passport really that difficult meh? I'm sure ICA can pay higher than Grabfood delivery boy and i'm sure they rather sit in a/c booth chop passport than needing to go shout at MP n all...

Everything is all about wayang.

On 1/16/2020 at 2:15 PM, Soya said:

U count the number of counters they spent taxpayer money to build and then onli open like 30% of it, sibei tulan everytime I pay income tax

Hire more ppl to chop passport really that difficult meh? I'm sure ICA can pay higher than Grabfood delivery boy and i'm sure they rather sit in a/c booth chop passport than needing to go shout at MP n all...

I wanna make a comment based on  nursing. 

Nursing pays higher than Grabfood with more stability.   Yet people dont want to join it.  So hard meh?

I think not many people want to join uniformed services cos the perception is low pay plus shift and workload and still get complaints.

Ground staff pay is not very high but it gets compared with ministers or super grade officers.  Workload is trivialised.  Let's put it this way.  It's like people saying singaporeans have a good life, even those picking cupboards - compare it with the villagers in Myanmar....

And how many qualified staff can you hire?  You want to open 10 more counters for outgoing in one area means you need to hire fifty more staff to make sure all 10 are covered for three shifts plus their off days.  And that's for one area only. Those who have scheduled shift workers who work 24/7 with no real down time will know why you need to hire 50 just to man 10.  Numbers are exaggerated a bit cos staff can be stretched.  But its around there.

So man power is an issue and increasing pay is not the solution - people complain more if they knew you got a pay increment.

• Praise 3

17 hours ago, Wt_know said:

i have proposed this before 

this is the same strategy used in NTUC and almost all supermarkets in the world

the faster you scan ... you got incentives ! 

of course ... errors will also be punished !

Same for truck drivers.  The more trips the more they earn.  Any accident they are penalised.

So they rush.  Cos MOST do not meet with accidents. One occured.  The driver is jailed.  Fine.  But an accident has occured (unless the driver drives into the sea and injures no one and damages nothing).  And we all suffer.  But because incentives remain, the same thing happen again and again.

Same for grab if I am not wrong.  And so on.

bro, sitting in front of a counter simply open passport > flip > chop 

you compare with grab and truck driver and what’s not?

please don’t tell me the counter staff can stop terrorist illegal aliens and what’s not

the passport is scanned ... whatever intel can achieve is through technology including onsite scanner and detector and definitely not through the “eye power” of the counter officer stare at passport, 9-yang-shengong to flip the passport and 18-palms to stamp the passport 

many countries already piloting facial recognition and self entry/exit lane even without stamping passport

stamping passport is history sooner or later

the other thing is i am puzzled why msia govt no kaypoh that sinkies go jb no need to fill white card but msian come sinkieland must fill white card

see a msia 7-seater car in front sianz liao ... no 10mins no talk ... 

Edited by Wt_know

11 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

please don’t tell me the counter staff can stop terrorist illegal aliens and what’s not

the passport is scanned ... whatever intel can achieve is through technology including onsite scanner and detector and definitely not through the “eye power” of the counter officer stare at passport, 9-yang-shengong to flip the passport and 18-palms to stamp the passport 

many countries already piloting facial recognition and self entry/exit lane even without stamping passport

Well said bro. In fact, the chop passport role is already automated and obsolete as a human occupation 

Juz go Oz n Sg passport pass thru auto gate without seeing any custom officer. Enter Canada oso liddat

ICA so many scholars there can't figure out how to improve immigration clearance at land checkpoints? 5 hr jams are acceptable and publish useless advice on ST means they've done their work? Liddat wasted my taxpayer money funding their ivy league education liao....

13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

the other thing is i am puzzled why msia govt no kaypoh that sinkies go jb no need to fill white card but msian come sinkieland must fill white card

see a msia 7-seater car in front sianz liao ... no 10mins no talk ... 

Singapore white card can be filled online before hand.

Self service counter difficult for car la.  It will be like bus.  All passengers has to q and clear immigration.

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore white card can be filled online before hand.

Self service counter difficult for car la.  It will be like bus.  All passengers has to q and clear immigration.

white card can be filled online before hand  but WHAT’S THE POINT? want to know stay which hotel? [laugh] 

yes, self service for car is difficult for now

not sure what technology can be used in the near future

but what about the human jam in custom clearance q’ing to chop passport?

Edited by Wt_know

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

yes, self service for car is difficult for now

not sure what technology can be used in the near future

but what about the human jam in custom clearance q’ing to chop passport?

With online white card, a lot of visitor can be moved to self service counter.

The only problem is how to educate overseas visitor on the use of online white card.

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

With online white card, a lot of visitor can be moved to self service counter.

The only problem is how to educate overseas visitor on the use of online white card.

more like scholar is not “motivated” to solve spore-jb crossing problem

i am simply asking a joint strategy to solve the 300K people who cross DAILY and 500K who cross on long weekends not a overhaul of immigration clearance for international visitors

Edited by Wt_know

16 taxpayer-funded counters.

Open only 5. Less than 30%. Typical

Imagine if Changi airport has 16 autogate lanes. And 11 of them has 'Out-Of-Order' signs on them. Heads sure roll.

Screenshot_20200118-120938_Gallery.jpg

46 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I wanna make a comment based on  nursing. 

Nursing pays higher than Grabfood with more stability.   Yet people dont want to join it.  So hard meh?

Bro, nursing is a skilled and difficult job that also requires a lot of human care & emotions. Doesn't suit everyone and it's not something that can be easily automated by machines

On the other hand, chop passport is not exactly a highly skilled job and is already automated and a human obsolete profession

16 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

more like scholar is not “motivated” to solve spore-jb crossing problem

i am simply asking a joint strategy to solve the 300K people who cross DAILY and 500K who cross on long weekends not a overhaul of immigration clearance for international visitors

As compared to Changi Airport, it is clear which 1 is strategic importance.

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

As compared to Changi Airport, it is clear which 1 is strategic importance.

yes. definitely. fully agreed  

does that mean the 300K people who cross daily has no direct impact to spore?

they are also the backbone powering spore services that contribute to the economy

Edited by Wt_know

Just now, Wt_know said:

yes. definitely. i used to think the same. 

they are also the backbone powering spore services that contribute to the economy

To Gov, these 300k ppl will not cripple the economy.

However, any breakdown in Changi Airport will cripple the economy.

🤣🤣

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yes. definitely. fully agreed  

Juz count the carbon footprint created there enuf liao

Simi sign what Paris Climate Agreement, simi carbon tax, simi VES?

BS laa

↡ Advertisement