ICA Warns Of Heavy Checkpoint Traffic Over CNY, Start Your Journey Earlier So You Reach On Time

kobayashiGT

13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yes. definitely. fully agreed  

does that mean the 300K people who cross daily has no direct impact to spore?

they are also the backbone powering spore services that contribute to the economy

got lah! if not my Chai Png bee very expensive without them! hee..

I think maybe they deem those who cross the causeway as Earner (money OUTflow).. those arrived using the ATAS Jewel are spenders (Money INFLOW) who CONtribute to the economy

↡ Advertisement

Just have chop passport machines. No need see face match passport holders anot. Can get AI machines to scan every passengers' face.

Then have more officers to check boots and car interiors. Better still, have machines to scan thru machiam x-rays. Every time scan a few times think everyone can be very healthy too😁😂😂

Lastly, those caught with contraband ciggy, easier to just hang on the spot. Same for drugs couriers and illegal immigrants. Keep the flow smooth and fast man, just hang on the spot then send body back in those black trash bags, to prevent congestion,  designate a spot to fling the bodies over.

Wa...think traffic buttery smooth cos no second chance to play smugglers or whatever terrorists.

😂😂😂or let our currency exchange weaken. Just 50 cents above RM rate. Think traffic also can be smooth.

Or let JB retailers and landlords become greedier. Increase everything by 150%. No jam liao but maybe got revolts in JB from own citizens.

Yada-ing. We went in JB via Woodlands at 5.30am yesterday. Went for last counter at jb side and found the JB customer officer sleeping. Had to say "excuse me" twice to be met with a sulky face. Such a secluded counter and we had to aim for it. 😂😅😅

Came back at 6.20pm via same link. Jam then from after petrol kiosks to JB customs 40mins.

From bridge to sg customs jam 30 mins.

Think must be our lucky day. 

Got time to join family for dinner.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Soya said:

Bro, nursing is a skilled and difficult job that also requires a lot of human care & emotions. Doesn't suit everyone and it's not something that can be easily automated by machines

On the other hand, chop passport is not exactly a highly skilled job and is already automated and a human obsolete profession

Boring mundane jobs dont suit everyone also.  It seems easy money but it really saps at your energy to chop chop chop the whole day. 

Automation? I dont think it can work.  For walkers?  Yes.  For cars, I doubt it cos machine cant really see how many passengers are in a car.

I think it's been automated for singapore passports (walkers already). Why it cant be for all I am thinking it might be because of different passports (different countries might not be biometric for example).  

We are not like in USA where neighbour is canada.  A good comparison will be USA and Mexico land border.

Turbocharged
23 hours ago, Wt_know said:

yes. definitely. fully agreed  

does that mean the 300K people who cross daily has no direct impact to spore?

they are also the backbone powering spore services that contribute to the economy

To my non finance trained mind, I think more or less. Few weeks ago the exchange was 3.05.

Last week become 3.02 and yesterday 2.99.

When I was in KSL last week, the carpark at least half filled with SG plate cars.

Massage and beauty parlor mostly full house and so on.. 

And that's only 1 mall out of so many..

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

If they know heavy, why don’t open every booth available. So cars can breeze through 

Cos there will still be a bottle neck at the other end?

It's like a case where I let everyone rush up the  us but the bus cannot move because of traffic.  It just makes the passenger feel a bit more shiok having boarded faster but delay still there.

Or you cut out only to stop at red light.

Not too sure about tuas but if every counter is open in causeway traffic builds up and some cars cannot even leave the booth because of traffic that is built up cos there is only one lane leading to the bridge.

You open every counter in tuas and yes you can clear faster since design is different but you only end up getting stuck at Johore side.

"ICA Warns Of Heavy Checkpoint Traffic Over CNY, Start Your Journey Earlier So You Reach On Time" 

In other news, the sun will be rising in the east tomorrow.

• Haha! 3

On 1/19/2020 at 2:39 PM, Turboflat4 said:

"ICA Warns Of Heavy Checkpoint Traffic Over CNY, Start Your Journey Earlier So You Reach On Time" 

In other news, the sun will be rising in the east tomorrow.

will the sun be setting in the west ?

maybe need to call ICA for information.

• Haha! 1

wouldnt the Wuhan virus spike more interest and hence less travel ?

I suppose its quite well contain.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement