2019 SG Vehicle sales numbers by brand (1st Honda, 2nd Toyota, 3rd Merc)

TeamAMG69

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

One curious thing about Toyota is why they always insist on absorbing Lexus statistics into the parent brand stats. 

Whereas Infiniti is separate from Nissan. 

Alpina is separate from BMW. 

Alpine is separate from Renault.

(And RUF is separate from Porsche, although I believe RUF is not even touched by the AD).

Wah lau, don't get it started again... :D:D

maxresdefault.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

9 hours ago, Vinceng said:

You mean Korean cars are unreliable??

It's the perception I think.  Toyota....people pay more not for its specs and features.... people associate this brand with reliability. People pay to buy the brand and its reliability. 

14 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

there you go

all public info

LTA 2019 (1).JPG

LTA 2019 (2).JPG

But this doesn't breakdown between PI and AD right? Or is the others mean PI? I interpreted others as hybrid, electric etc. I'm more interested in that breakdown but anyway thks!

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

It's the perception I think.  Toyota....people pay more not for its specs and features.... people associate this brand with reliability. People pay to buy the brand and its reliability. 

My sentiments exactly!

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

autowp.ru_honda_acty_van_16.jpg

honda_acty_truck_town_3.jpg

23091034683_3eaa8cbb02_b.jpg

16733485933_ae989b3a2f_b.jpg

16743462675_b55b96451f_b.jpg

8554107021_5798f05908_b.jpg

What r u trying to prove?

There r plenty of honda commercial vehicles otr? Try searching through sgcarmart under honda n commercial vehicles n see what u get

And I already mentioned, u seldom see honda cars used as taxi. Don't tell me u see more honda taxi than toyota?

Edited by Kia7200

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Wah lau, don't get it started again... :D:D

maxresdefault.jpg

I have no respect for Kee Chiu, and I still think my question has a good point behind it. What are Toyota's motives? To inflate their numbers, to make sure they remain competitive with the rest of the BnB makes? Aren't they also shooting their "luxury" brand in the foot - note that Lexus is not officially classified a luxury brand because of this behaviour. I remember seeing a newspaper article - they included BMW, Merc, Audi and Infiniti (along with the usual Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, Bentley, RR, etc.) in the lux car category. Lexus was conspicuously absent.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Nutty said:

I think Hondas are largely found in Prime Taxis.

Prime is a smaller taxi company n their cars r old or new taxi?

I believe no one will disagree when I claimed Prius is a popular taxi model. 

Smart, comfort, city, transcab r using the new Prius fyi

10 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I have no respect for Kee Chiu, and I still think my question has a good point behind it. What are Toyota's motives? To inflate their numbers, to make sure they remain competitive with the rest of the BnB makes? Aren't they also shooting their "luxury" brand in the foot - note that Lexus is not officially classified a luxury brand because of this behaviour. I remember seeing a newspaper article - they included BMW, Merc, Audi and Infiniti (along with the usual Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, Bentley, RR, etc.) in the lux car category. Lexus was conspicuously absent.

In the vehicle log cards, are Lexus still classified as Toyota Lexus? 

4 minutes ago, Nyox said:

I've never had a Lexus so don't know. Would be good to have an owner chime in.

1 hour ago, Nyox said:

Listed as Toyota. Just see any Lexus on the road and go online check the road tax expiry.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Nyox said:

Yes it is. 

32333C38-EC9B-4EA3-8206-1D56B6E8940B.jpeg

Edited by JX83
  • Praise 3

19 hours ago, Estrangable said:

I think most of us can agree that honda is less frequently associated with taxis... but quite a substantial % of PHV are using honda models. 

They using the honda fit

11 hours ago, Nyox said:

Whether or  not, Lexus sales volume is not going to be the one  helping Toyota to be number two on the chart, I believe other model like C-HR, Sienta are those that push the volume, and mostly these models are from PIs.  I wont be surprised that half of the sales volume of Honda and Toyota last year were from PIs.  It is interesting,  just taking AD sales alone, C&C might be the one putting more Mercedes  on the road than KM and BM did for their Honda and Toyota. Anyone has that AD sales figure? 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Whether or  not, Lexus sales volume is not going to be the one  helping Toyota to be number two on the chart, I believe other model like C-HR, Sienta are those that push the volume, and mostly these models are from PIs.  I wont be surprised that half of the sales volume of Honda and Toyota last year were from PIs.  It is interesting,  just taking AD sales alone, C&C might be the one putting more Mercedes  on the road than KM and BM did for their Honda and Toyota. Anyone has that AD sales figure? 

i think the dyna numbers is very high also.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1