2019 SG Vehicle sales numbers by brand (1st Honda, 2nd Toyota, 3rd Merc)

TeamAMG69

21 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I have no respect for Kee Chiu, and I still think my question has a good point behind it. What are Toyota's motives? To inflate their numbers, to make sure they remain competitive with the rest of the BnB makes? Aren't they also shooting their "luxury" brand in the foot - note that Lexus is not officially classified a luxury brand because of this behaviour. I remember seeing a newspaper article - they included BMW, Merc, Audi and Infiniti (along with the usual Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, Bentley, RR, etc.) in the lux car category. Lexus was conspicuously absent.

Except for LS, other Lexus are still BnB lah . 
but, ya, I also hope to see Lexus number separated from Toyota to see how well / bad the brand is doing. 

• Haha! 1

On 1/16/2020 at 11:46 PM, Kia7200 said:

Honda cars r way more popular than Toyota in sg. Why?

1. Honda don't have commercial vehicle like vans or lorry

2. Honda cars r not used as taxi

On 1/17/2020 at 10:35 AM, Kia7200 said:

What r u trying to prove?

There r plenty of honda commercial vehicles otr? Try searching through sgcarmart under honda n commercial vehicles n see what u get

And I already mentioned, u seldom see honda cars used as taxi. Don't tell me u see more honda taxi than toyota?

What am I trying to prove? I am simply responding to the post you made on 16 Jan 11:46pm... Although I did not get A1 for my England, but your statement are hard to be mistaken in any way.

As usual, you tend to shift the goal pole when someone pointed out your mistake, denied that your fact are wrong instead of accepting it. It is never my intention to pick on you but from time to time, you have been repeating the same nonsense. You challenge me in the same manner in the Toyota Altis thread, remember?! And I don't remember seeing any reply from you after I pointed out what you did...

81322_2b.jpg

117348_1b.jpg

405133_2b.jpg

471582_2b.jpg

678989_2b.jpg

728171_2b.jpg

683535_1b.jpg

778609_1b.jpg

784904_1b.jpg

643173_1b.jpg

• Praise 12
  • Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Dyna counted ? Haha😄😄

confirm count, its the total number of vehicle sold by brand right??

now that i mention dyna, dun forgot hiace.

this 2 model dominate their group. even the nissan cabstar f24 selling at lower then dyna, most company avoid it.

other jap and korean brand also got their own vesion of 10f lorry and van. but simply no 1 want to buy, like the mazda 10f lorry already die out. hyundai and kia use to sell alot of van last time.

40 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

What am I trying to prove? I am simply responding to the post you made on 16 Jan 11:46pm... Although I did not get A1 for my England, but your statement are hard to be mistaken in any way.

As usual, you tend to shift the goal pole when someone pointed out your mistake, denied that your fact are wrong instead of accepting it. It is never my intention to pick on you but from time to time, you have been repeating the same nonsense. You challenge me in the same manner in the Toyota Altis thread, remember?! And I don't remember seeing any reply from you after I pointed out what you did...

81322_2b.jpg

117348_1b.jpg

405133_2b.jpg

471582_2b.jpg

678989_2b.jpg

728171_2b.jpg

683535_1b.jpg

778609_1b.jpg

784904_1b.jpg

643173_1b.jpg

When the topic we r discussing is abt the vehicles sold in 2019, and u show us don't know what pics. 

Maybe u can show us a link that we can purchase a new honda commercial vehicle lo.

Don't suddenly find some old pics n bs members that stream, 2006 freed n fit taxi model r popular new taxi model in sg n btw mind telling us what yr those van made in le.

Edited by Kia7200
  • Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

When the topic we r discussing is abt the vehicles sold in 2019, and u show us don't know what pics. 

Maybe u can show us a link that we can purchase a new honda commercial vehicle lo.

Don't suddenly find some old pics n bs members that stream, 2006 freed n fit taxi model r popular new taxi model in sg n btw mind telling us what yr those van made in le.

Well done, you have just shifted the goal pole from Tuas to Changi! 🤣🤣 

I would not stood so low as to argue with you your point but I just wanted point out that all I did in the previous 2 posts was simply responding to the points you have made in your previous post. 

And now you are questioning me why am I posting all these in a 2019 best selling car thread?! 🤣🤣 

Learn to eat humble pie my friend... 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Well done, you have just shifted the goal pole from Tuas to Changi! 🤣🤣 

I would not stood so low as to argue with you your point but I just wanted point out that all I did in the previous 2 posts was simply responding to the points you have made in your previous post. 

And now you are questioning me why am I posting all these in a 2019 best selling car thread?! 🤣🤣 

Learn to eat humble pie my friend... 

And maybe u prefer the direction of this thread, honda won because of vezel?

And what i did was to highlight the points which most members missed out. Which will further show the diff in numbers of vehicle sold between the top 2 brand.

Then suddenly u post some old models of vehicle out of the blue? If the title of the thread don't serve any purpose, might as well u remove it. So we can just randomly post what ever u like

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

confirm count, its the total number of vehicle sold by brand right??

now that i mention dyna, dun forgot hiace.

this 2 model dominate their group. even the nissan cabstar f24 selling at lower then dyna, most company avoid it.

other jap and korean brand also got their own vesion of 10f lorry and van. but simply no 1 want to buy, like the mazda 10f lorry already die out. hyundai and kia use to sell alot of van last time.

Maybe  not.  Because if you look at the stats from LTA, the counts are sedans, hatchbacks, MPVs and suvs etc, lorries and Van's are not listed, I didnt do the mathes, but if the total of LTA stats matches what is posted here, then the count does not include commercial vehicles. 

• Praise 1

On 1/17/2020 at 9:26 AM, Spring said:

But this doesn't breakdown between PI and AD right? Or is the others mean PI? I interpreted others as hybrid, electric etc. I'm more interested in that breakdown but anyway thks!

look at the row under Tesla one would be able to guess quite safely  "others" refers to hybrid and electric vehicles. Yes there is no breakdown between PIs and AD, but we can also guess that quite a big % of honda and Toyota are from PIs whereas Mercedes would probably have much lower %, in relative terms. 

• Praise 3

On 1/17/2020 at 11:30 AM, Kia7200 said:

Prime is a smaller taxi company n their cars r old or new taxi?

I believe no one will disagree when I claimed Prius is a popular taxi model. 

Smart, comfort, city, transcab r using the new Prius fyi

Comfort is the largest taxi company here and they are rolling out a lot of new hyundai hybrid  taxis with good safety specs to replace their existing diesel feelts. I suppose new  taxi  are excluded from the new car sales figure, otherwise hyundai passenger car  sales would be even lower despite the hype about the low price,  so called low margin and the atteactive look of their Elantra. Not saying they are no good but the sales figure is not there to prove the buy-in from majority of the new car buyers. 

Back to the 2019 data, honda and toyota are proven to be the most popular brands,  while mercedes  being third, the sales figure is quite respectable. Point to note here is mercedes has got the thickest margin among the top three or even among most of the brands, but their cars still flew off the shelves  like nobody business. And their car may not necessarily be more  reliable than Honda , Toyota or even Hyundai,  i just want to highlight that there is no need to be too concerned about who are the TL, HL(Honda Loyalists) or ML(amercedes Loyalists), people will just buy what they like and what they feel comfortable when they spend their money.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

43 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Comfort is the largest taxi company here and they are rolling out a lot of new hyundai hybrid  taxis with good safety specs to replace their existing diesel feelts. I suppose new  taxi  are excluded from the new car sales figure, otherwise hyundai passenger car  sales would be even lower despite the hype about the low price,  so called low margin and the atteactive look of their Elantra. Not saying they are no good but the sales figure is not there to prove the buy-in from majority of the new car buyers. 

Back to the 2019 data, honda and toyota are proven to be the most popular brands,  while mercedes  being third, the sales figure is quite respectable. Point to note here is mercedes has got the thickest margin among the top three or even among most of the brands, but their cars still flew off the shelves  like nobody business. And their car may not necessarily be more  reliable than Honda , Toyota or even Hyundai,  i just want to highlight that there is no need to be too concerned about who are the TL, HL(Honda Loyalists) or ML(amercedes Loyalists), people will just buy what they like and what they feel comfortable when they spend their money.

Exactly ppl just buy the car they like, and most important as long u like your car then its ok.

dun need go every where to de-mean or belittle or laugh at other ppl choice even if they buy different brand from u .

some ppl really need to grow up, even if its a forum. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Maybe  not.  Because if you look at the stats from LTA, the counts are sedans, hatchbacks, MPVs and suvs etc, lorries and Van's are not listed, I didnt do the mathes, but if the total of LTA stats matches what is posted here, then the count does not include commercial vehicles. 

Have la. U see the second roll

I think they classify them as diesel cat

7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Tell that to those members who believe vezel is the reason y honda is the top seller la.

3 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

Look like you never learn your lesson, or did I misunderstood your reply again? 🤣🤣 

Now eagerly waiting for you to shift the goal pole to JB... [thumbsup]

U9lCmxP.jpg

ZoKKZqf.jpg

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

The row diesel also have the same 4 columns, namely hatchback, sedan, suv, mpv/station wagon , there is no lorry column. Unless I miss out something that is not too obvious.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Whether or  not, Lexus sales volume is not going to be the one  helping Toyota to be number two on the chart, I believe other model like C-HR, Sienta are those that push the volume, and mostly these models are from PIs.  I wont be surprised that half of the sales volume of Honda and Toyota last year were from PIs.  It is interesting,  just taking AD sales alone, C&C might be the one putting more Mercedes  on the road than KM and BM did for their Honda and Toyota. Anyone has that AD sales figure? 

i have already posted (if not you can always google) , complete break down of AD vs PI numbers

9 hours ago, Beregond said:

Exactly ppl just buy the car they like, and most important as long u like your car then its ok.

dun need go every where to de-mean or belittle or laugh at other ppl choice even if they buy different brand from u .

some ppl really need to grow up, even if its a forum. 

Agree

what minister once said

Ownself Happy Ownself Shiong can already

but what some of my towkay boss friends said

not just buy the car you like, and drive for 10 years, if you Satki you can change every year or other year, 

those type really power "

forumn really too many negative trolls, too bad moderators find it hard to ban or blacklist them (esp their IP address)

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

i have already posted (if not you can always google) , complete break down of AD vs PI numbers

Appreciate if u can post the AD v PI numbers. I’ve googled and unable to find anything. Also one motoring website only shows the breakdown between the different types of vehicles sold by brand but nothing on AD v PI so if u hv a link, pls share tks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4