2019 SG Vehicle sales numbers by brand (1st Honda, 2nd Toyota, 3rd Merc)

TeamAMG69

16 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

look at the row under Tesla one would be able to guess quite safely  "others" refers to hybrid and electric vehicles. Yes there is no breakdown between PIs and AD, but we can also guess that quite a big % of honda and Toyota are from PIs whereas Mercedes would probably have much lower %, in relative terms. 

Yes think quite confirmed “others” refers to hybrid, electric etc. This table on onemotoring which is published monthly doesn’t give the AD v PI breakdown which is important info in my opinion.

I also think Honda PI numbers shld be huge n hence wanted to confirm if they are indeed the top PI brand. Tried to search TS posts n I don’t seem to see him posting the AD v PI numbers despite his claim but maybe I missed it somehow. U got any links on this AD v PI? Tks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Yes think quite confirmed “others” refers to hybrid, electric etc. This table on onemotoring which is published monthly doesn’t give the AD v PI breakdown which is important info in my opinion.

I also think Honda PI numbers shld be huge n hence wanted to confirm if they are indeed the top PI brand. Tried to search TS posts n I don’t seem to see him posting the AD v PI numbers despite his claim but maybe I missed it somehow. U got any links on this AD v PI? Tks!

Some bro said  there is breakdown by PI and AD but I have not seen any so far. Those motor traders association or PI association may have, but I dont think those figures are publicly available.

• Praise 3

To my limited knowledge, the only public info is from onemotoring statistics page.

There are a lot of data there. While I did not see anything that specifically states the sales numbers comprises of both PI n AD but being the TOTAL number of cars registered, it should.

Although the cost of cars registered stats specifically state that it is for AD's models only

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Lotr said:

To my limited knowledge, the only public info is from onemotoring statistics page.

There are a lot of data there. While I did not see anything that specifically states the sales numbers comprises of both PI n AD but being the TOTAL number of cars registered, it should.

Although the cost of cars registered stats specifically state that it is for AD's models only

Yes onemotoring is where we have been taking reference to, the only missing info is the PI and AD breakdown.

Here you could get the OMV of PI cars, you can compute the cost using this OMV, but it wont help to determine the sales volume.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/upfront-vehicle-costs/open-market-value--omv-.html?year=2019

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

I went to look at LTA data again.  Actually they haven't published 2019 car registration by make.

But they have published the 2019 monthly registration by make.  So, I believe the numbers in the first post is the manual summation of 2019's monthly data.

And as stated by @Spring, there are no breakdown between AD and PI, just the total numbers of both. 

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

The row diesel also have the same 4 columns, namely hatchback, sedan, suv, mpv/station wagon , there is no lorry column. Unless I miss out something that is not too obvious.

My apologies. I always thought the Diesel row is the commercial vehicles. 

Screenshot_2020-01-19-09-46-07-514_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

• Praise 3

This is the PI best selling list which shows Honda winning hands down. Again tks to ST, the top 3 best selling models are Fit, Shuttle n Vezel👏

09A23C26-DDEE-4007-AA95-422F29353946.png

• Praise 12

1 hour ago, Spring said:

This is the PI best selling list which shows Honda winning hands down. Again tks to ST, the top 3 best selling models are Fit, Shuttle n Vezel👏

09A23C26-DDEE-4007-AA95-422F29353946.png

It’s clear why there are so many more pi merc than pi bmw

39 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

It’s clear why there are so many more pi merc than pi bmw

Actually I don't know why? cos of bigger than normal AD margins?

• Praise 5

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:33 AM, inlinesix said:

Merc is perceived to be more reliable than BMW?

Perhaps and could also be a combination of a few reasons but I don't see one clear reason why Benz PI outnumbers BMW PI by quite a lot.

On a separate note, I think Kah Motor has to seriously look at themselves as they are the only brand where PI outsells AD.

• Praise 6

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It could be the other way round i.e. BMW is less reliable and hence it is better to buy from AD for the warranty and repair expertise.

11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Cos I see no diff fr AD and PI

and know ur own car

pml non competent too... BSI fellas better

• Praise 2

That is a huge diff in sales from PI between Merc and BMW. 

The logo of the 3 pointed star is still more prestigious in the buyers eyes?

Also in 2019 Merc have a lot more newer popular models, A class hatch/ sedan, GLC, C class..  

Edited by Atachi

33 minutes ago, awhtc said:

It could be the other way round i.e. BMW is less reliable and hence it is better to buy from AD for the warranty and repair expertise.

Are you sure BMW is less reliable than Merc?

or is it perceived less reliable?

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Are you sure BMW is less reliable than Merc?

or is it perceived less reliable?

BMW vs Mercedes, Which is Worse

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Perhaps and could also be a combination of a few reasons but I don't see one clear reason why Benz PI outnumbers BMW PI by quite a lot.

On a separate note, I think Kah Motor has to seriously look at themselves as they are the only brand where PI outsells AD.

KM  pretty much lose out on those hybrids Vezels , Fit and Shuttle. They are lucky Japan only has the 1.5T Civic JDM and PI brought in the more ex 1.0T.  KM are the only ones with the 1.6 Civic, if not sales would be even worst. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1