China GDP grows 6.1% in 2019, slowest rate in 29 years

steveluv

46 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Currently, China is moving back to centralized planning economic. In addition, there is huge expenditure in purchase of MIA goods. How to boost GDP further?

Wow, you have asked a brainless guy a tough question. Let the 1 billion people think of solutions. Haha

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Currently, China is moving back to centralized planning economic. In addition, there is huge expenditure in purchase of MIA goods. How to boost GDP further?

USA has been running huge trade deficit for years, it should be bankrupt by now. Lol...

Yes, China is not US but China is also not Japan. Don't estimate what > 1 billion patriotic people can do to help the Chinese economy with the right domestic policies.  Not saying China has no problem, it has many....high debt, low consumer spendings, over investment, etc, but this tariff thingy (USD200B more over 2 years) is not going to kill China lah.  China’s exports to the U.S. make up just 5% of total exports. Below chart is interesting. I am not a China bull but Trump should have done more if he really wants to contain China.

BC654A7D-210F-4771-9A19-69F482916D34.png

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Voodooman said:

USA has been running huge trade deficit for years, it should be bankrupt by now. Lol...

Yes, China is not US but China is also not Japan. Don't estimate what > 1 billion patriotic people can do to help the Chinese economy with the right domestic policies.  Not saying China has no problem, it has many....high debt, low consumer spendings, over investment, etc, but this tariff thingy (USD200B more over 2 years) is not going to kill China lah.  China’s exports to the U.S. make up just 5% of total exports. Below chart is interesting. I am not a China bull but Trump should have done more if he really wants to contain China.

BC654A7D-210F-4771-9A19-69F482916D34.png

I never doubt Chinese can create miracle.  I only doubt CCP can create miracle.

Look at the number of richie leaving China with their money.  You can see how patriotic these ppl are.

US-China trade deal will definite not bankrupt China.  How is China going to balance the trade btw friendly nation and US?

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

I never doubt Chinese can create miracle.  I only doubt CCP can create miracle.

Look at the number of richie leaving China with their money.  You can see how patriotic these ppl are.

US-China trade deal will definite not bankrupt China.  How is China going to balance the trade btw friendly nation and US?

Look at Huawei sales after Trump attacked the company? 

Rich people leaving China?  That is normal, it is called hedging your risk. If I have USD100m, I will also want to keep some offshore.  

Agree Xi / CCP can be both good and bad for China.  On trade, I am no expert but definitely buying more from US will mean buying less from Latin America for Soybeans and maybe  from Airbus?  Just saying the impact on China won’t be as great as what the Plaza Accord had on Japan previously.

4 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Thanks. 4% growth relative to SG’s 1% is still very good but not sure if it will lead to social unrest in China

That's the biggest worry now.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Look at Huawei sales after Trump attacked the company? 

Rich people leaving China?  That is normal, it is called hedging your risk. If I have USD100m, I will also want to keep some offshore.  

Agree Xi / CCP can be both good and bad for China.  On trade, I am no expert but definitely buying more from US will mean buying less from Latin America for Soybeans and maybe  from Airbus?  Just saying the impact on China won’t be as great as what the Plaza Accord had on Japan previously.

With regards to Huawei sales, let's see whether the impact is there or not especially international sales from Q4 2019.  This is the testing time.

To us, it is normal rich ppl leaving China is normal.  To CCP, it is bad.  Officially, outflow has been successfully suppress.  We still see richie moving money out.

On trade deal, i am no expert too.

↡ Advertisement