Sdp pofma case

Wind30

6 hours ago, Wind30 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pofma-challenge-sdp-mom-pmet-agc-judge-verdict-court-12273078

I think this specific case require a separate thread as I really think sdp case is strong. This should be a landmark court case that every singaporean who values freedom of speech should follow.

mom is arguing as Long as they can prove one interpretation of your post is false, they can shut you up. I don’t want to live in North Korea. I hope the judge clarifies the law. If the law is so over reaching, I know exactly who to vote for.

ps, I not sdp supporter. I think 90% of their suggested policies on their websites are populist destructive policies.

Wow, you are real pissed with Pofma but most of the 70% don't really care.   Pritam probably won't even be there after GE2020 to ask all those hard questions (never mind they are political, at least WP is not manufacturing fake data and playing / hiding statistics, only asking for info).

With fake news everywhere, some form of legislation is probably required but pofma is really a piece of freaking junk.   Its implementation.... WTF.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Wow, you are real pissed with Pofma but most of the 70% don't really care.   Pritam probably won't even be there after GE2020 to ask all those hard questions (never mind they are political, at least WP is not manufacturing fake data and playing / hiding statistics, only asking for info).

With fake news everywhere, some form of legislation is probably required but pofma is really a piece of freaking junk.   Its implementation.... WTF.  

Rather than having POFMA, why not a factcheck centre?

A group of researcher cross check dubious news including eat whatever can cure cancer.

39 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

A group of researcher cross check dubious news including eat whatever can cure cancer.

Lol... they are obviously not interested in protecting consumers from eating the wrong stuffs and succumbing to dubious marketing materials. 

23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Because every such organisation is susceptible to subversion by the big boss. Especially in an authoritarian crony state like ours.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

And this particular case have shown us the need for data, not in the form of statistics (which could be manipulated), but hard and cold absolute figures. 

I mentioned this when POFMA was tabled in the parliament that if the party suing someone for providing misinformation, while they themselves are withholding the data needed, then POFMA is simply a political tool to silence the general public and opposition parties.

Remember the TT Durai saga with NKF?!

point deer claim horse:grin:

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Great read. All the promises by our law minister saying that appealing against pofma will be made simple and accessible so that even individuals will not be at a disadvantage.

this case has shown that is not true. And this is a fact. Pofma me ...

to me, freedom of speech is so impt. Granted we have lky early on. Current pap although getting incompetent is still pretty solid. But 10 years later, 20 years later, we will get a Najib. Like what they say about terrorism, it is just a question of when. 
at that time, our children needs to be able to have access to information, to fight for a better life for themselves.

Edited by Wind30

29 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Great read. All the promises by our law minister saying that appealing against pofma will be made simple and accessible so that even individuals will not be at a disadvantage.

this case has shown that is not true. And this is a fact. Pofma me ...

to me, freedom of speech is so impt. Granted we have lky early on. Current pap although getting incompetent is still pretty solid. But 10 years later, 20 years later, we will get a Najib. Like what they say about terrorism, it is just a question of when. 
at that time, our children needs to be able to have access to information, to fight for a better life for themselves.

This post will be worth $0 if not for this sentence "Current pap although getting incompetent is still pretty solid."

Well done.

4 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

This post will be worth $0 if not for this sentence "Current pap although getting incompetent is still pretty solid."

Well done.

I think each of us decide whether our lives has improved in Singapore. I travel quite a bit so does my wife. Kind of curious which country present government would you trade for PAP? Any asean ones?? Any Asian ones? Better still worldwide?

maybe Norway? Or Finland? Trump?

as I said many times, I judge based on alternatives... 

i would not trade but we also must do our job to prevent from

awesome > good > bad > worse > worst

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Because every such organisation is susceptible to subversion by the big boss. Especially in an authoritarian crony state like ours.

It sounds like NK le

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Is that a statement or opinion?  Wahaha...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1