Sdp pofma case

Wind30

11 hours ago, Playtime said:

Really... is this pofma? Opinion? Or facts?

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2020/01/17/chan-says-50k-jobs-created-for-sgs-9k-for-prs-from-2015-to-2018-but-didnt-mention-increase-of-32k-fts-same-period/

Chan says 50K jobs created for SGs, 9K for PRs from 2015 to 2018 but didn’t mention increase of 32K FTs same period

This today's ST suggest 2015 is a special year. 

20200119_090209.jpg

On 1/18/2020 at 9:09 AM, Wind30 said:

That is not what I remember Shanmugam said previously. I really hope the judge will rule against mom.

minister win liao lor..... you can take it up with shamugan 😛

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fake-news-law-does-cover-matters-of-interpretation-agc

The fake news law does cover matters of interpretation, said Deputy Attorney-General Hri Kumar Nair as he outlined the Government's argument against the challenge brought forth by the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP).,,,,

He said the minister who initiates a Pofma direction will look at the article or statement in question and determine what he believes to be its meaning. A correction direction can then be issued based on the minister's interpretation.

so you all bloody peasants.... govt say white horse is to prevent special treatment, you all better suck it and do EVER say other wise cos your INTERPRETATION is wrong.!!!!!!

ource: Channel NewsAsia

Timestamp: 2003

'White horse' classification for NSmen existed prior to 2000

By Dominique Loh, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : Minister of State for Defence Cedric Foo said the Singapore Armed Forces had a 'white horse' classification for NSmen prior to year 2000.

He said the term was used to identify sons of influential persons to ensure such enlistees were not given preferential treatment. 

Mr Foo was replying to a question in Parliament on Tuesday by Non-Constituency MP Steve Chia.

Mr Chia asked if there was such a classification and, if so, who qualifies to be classified as a 'white horse' and what privileges are accorded to them.

It is a rite of passage for all 18-year-old Singaporean men.

They enlist and serve two or two-and-a-half years of National Service in a variety or vocations ranging from combat to clerical.

But for many years, some NSmen have wondered if the battlefield is really level.

There were whispers that the sons of influential Singaporeans, dubbed 'white horses', were supposedly getting special treatment during their National Service.

"I thought they got special treatment that was what I was lead to believe."

"I don't have any 'white horse' in my platoon, but from what I heard, these people do have special treatment and they will get less punishment, easy jobs but don't know if it's true."

"It should be taken out, everyone is equal regardless if you are a politician's son, someone powerful, rich. You are Singaporean, we all have to go through NS one point or another, why should you receive special treatment? "

Well, for what many Singaporeans say is the first time, the Defence Ministry has publicly admitted to having a 'white horse' classification.

But the purpose was the exact opposite.

Mr Foo said: "All NSmen are treated equally and are deployed in vocations and units based on SAF operational requirements, their medical classification, and their academic and military performance. No NSmen has been accorded special privileges.

"Prior to year 2000, the term 'white horse' was used to identify sons of influential persons to ensure such enlistees were not given preferential treatment. And their medical classification and vocation assignments are scrupulously fair."

But there were no follow-up questions from MPs. So then why scrap the scheme?

Mr Foo said: "Over the years, the public has widely accepted that the NS assignment system is fair and there is no preferential treatment to anyone. Since 2000, the SAF does not have a white horse classification for NSmen."

- CNA

21 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Great read. All the promises by our law minister saying that appealing against pofma will be made simple and accessible so that even individuals will not be at a disadvantage.

this case has shown that is not true. And this is a fact. Pofma me ...

to me, freedom of speech is so impt. Granted we have lky early on. Current pap although getting incompetent is still pretty solid. But 10 years later, 20 years later, we will get a Najib. Like what they say about terrorism, it is just a question of when. 
at that time, our children needs to be able to have access to information, to fight for a better life for themselves.

If you care of our children future, Priority  is to prevent bad laws being made into laws.

Good governance is based on equal sharing of power among the judicial, legislative and executive arms.

In SG, laws can be passed by parliament on a whim. The concentration of power means a Najib in power can wreak similar havoc in Singapore. That's the biggest risk to our children future.

The court only says what the law says , not what the law ought to be.

Screenshot_20200119-112651.png

• Praise 6

3 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

If you care of our children future, Priority  is to prevent bad laws being made into laws.

Good governance is based on equal sharing of power among the judicial, legislative and executive arms.

In SG, laws can be passed by parliament on a whim. The concentration of power means a Najib in power can wreak similar havoc in Singapore. That's the biggest risk to our children future.

also... remember who is in the AG

3 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

But we are not Lawyers. I don’t know how far pofma covers, I do real diligently the explanations given by our minister burning its enactment. Let’s see if the judge can clarify exactly what pofma covers. If it’s a North Korean law, rest assured I know how to vote.

1 minute ago, Wind30 said:

our minister burning its enactment

im sure "burning its enactment" its a typo...you meant "during" .... but rather unintentionally applicable 🙂

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

But we are not Lawyers. I don’t know how far pofma covers, I do real diligently the explanations given by our minister burning its enactment. Let’s see if the judge can clarify exactly what pofma covers. If it’s a North Korean law, rest assured I know how to vote.

Communication of false statements of fact in Singapore
7.—(1)  A person must not do any act in or outside Singapore in order to communicate in Singapore a statement knowing or having reason to believe that —
             (a)    it is a false statement of fact; and
             (b)    the communication of the statement in Singapore is likely to —
                      (i)    be prejudicial to the security of Singapore or any part of Singapore;
                      (ii)    be prejudicial to public health, public safety, public tranquillity or public finances;
                      (iii)    be prejudicial to the friendly relations of Singapore with other countries;
                      (iv)    influence the outcome of an election to the office of President, a general election of Members of Parliament, a by‑election of a Member of  Parliament, or a referendum;
                       (v)    incite feelings of enmity, hatred or ill‑will between different groups of persons; or
                       (vi)    diminish public confidence in the performance of any duty or function of, or in the exercise of any power by, the Government, an Organ of State, a statutory board, or a part of the Government, an Organ of State or a statutory board.

It must be a fake and have an impact mentioned in section b

Edited by inlinesix

What MoM showed is a very generalised data. We know that PMETs could be retrenched due to many many reasons. It could be businesses winding down, their age, their high salary, company restructuring, job relevance etc. 

What MoM did is they do a summary and lump it into one category. To me it doesnt show anything significant. IMO it's better they keep that data to themselves. It's just presentation to their boss aka wayang.

SDP go and pick on this wayang so seriously....I think they should focus their energy on something more...."productive".

Gahment wont be so dumb to release important information to give ppl a chance to scrutinise. 

Edited by Watwheels

As opposition without a ward to manage or a single seat in parliament, creating a online debate on a sensitive issue is very productive what.  I mean what else is there for them to do? 

• Praise 3

On 1/18/2020 at 1:56 PM, Inlinefour said:

point deer claim horse:grin:

Only government officials shall be allowed to light fires,

Peasants shall not be allowed to light lamps.👿

• Haha! 4

26 minutes ago, Chongster said:

As opposition without a ward to manage or a single seat in parliament, creating a online debate on a sensitive issue is very productive what.  I mean what else is there for them to do? 

Exactly. There's nothing they can do. Or rather they dont have a chance whatsoever.

Giving criticism on the gahment is an easy job. Anyone can do it. You dont even have to join an opposition party to do that. The tougher job would be helping sgporeans thru actions, especially for the underprivileged. The gahment can also criticise the opposition just as easily but they dont waste time doing that but they focus on the important stuff. I'm not taking sides but I do compare. 

Other than criticism what can the opposition party ppl really do? IMO in order for them to do something significant they got to have funds, find ppl or organisation to raise funds, so that they could use the funds to help ppl. That is productivity. Show ppl they are capable other than being critical on the gahment. 

Edited by Watwheels

25 minutes ago, Chongster said:

without oppo kaypoh there is no noise

without noise ... only hear good things?

• Haha! 3

37 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

You just described china, nkorea, and a bunch of other shit hole countries few heard of or care about...

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Actually we have a lot of ppl who kaopeh about PAP.

But these ppl sarpork communist.

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

The gahment can also criticise the opposition just as easily but they dont waste time doing that but they focus on the important stuff.

i  do not agree to this opinion / comment, i still remembered about the hawker center cleaning, the MP with affair ( from both different parties ), AHTC ............

Compared to if similar screw up if happened in PAP ward, and their " it's a honest mistake " and " no blame culture ", seems different from what you mentioned. 

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

i  do not agree to this opinion / comment, i still remembered about the hawker center cleaning, the MP with affair ( from both different parties ), AHTC ............

Compared to if similar screw up if happened in PAP ward, and their " it's a honest mistake " and " no blame culture ", seems different from what you mentioned. 

😂😂😂

If anything close to a AIM, or mini bond thingy were to happen in a opposition ward.. just imagine the possibilities..

Ministers may take turn crying on live tv to talk about the loss of citizens hard earned money.. front page photos follow. 

President may request.. demand a proper accounting as part of the office's job guarding country's wealth.

Various dragged out committees will form in parliament to slowly dig ah dig .. just to dig. Then recommend suspensions in whatever form. 

Various surveys will be conducted with statements like.. " ..80% of residents Express outrage.."

Probably election timed soon after.. 🙄

Sounds like a comedy.. but I'm not sure ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1