2020 Sad to say tampered mileage cars still exist

TheCarDealer

I just saw one of my previous ride used for Private Hire Usage (Grab/Uber), clocking over 90,000km on the first year sold by a car dealer at 40,000km mileage. There are another few people who rented the same exact car for Private Hire Usage too. On my estimation, it should have clocked more than 150,000km by the 1.5 year mark. Really feel sorry for the buyer as the car was an accident car which was settled privately. 

On a side note, maybe some way to prevent this from happening will be that people will start posting the car photo will car plate digits masked out and tag along with a photo of the then mileage, or at the point when the car was sold or People who have rented a car and about to return to the company.

Most units affected should be the Mazda 3, Honda Vezel. For my case, it was a Toyota C-HR.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Norm la.. like today went to view a COE axio, advertise 87K km and 1 owner. Why not can be right? Arrange a test drive, alamak steering pull to left, under carriage knocking sound and obvious winding sound.. Wah danz, is really like the batam taxi I taken with 600k km ...

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Maddriver said:

Norm la.. like today went to view a COE axio, advertise 87K km and 1 owner. Why not can be right? Arrange a test drive, alamak steering pull to left, under carriage knocking sound and obvious winding sound.. Wah danz, is really like the batam taxi I taken with 600k km ...

The dealer changed the 687k to 087k

😛

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

Apparently odo tampering isn't illegal in Sg

The onli way around it is to avoid buying those models usually used for PHV

• Praise 3
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

The dealer changed the 687k to 087k

😛

Or maybe the odo already have done  1 complete round 😄😄

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 7

16 hours ago, TheCarDealer said:

I just saw one of my previous ride used for Private Hire Usage (Grab/Uber), clocking over 90,000km on the first year sold by a car dealer at 40,000km mileage. There are another few people who rented the same exact car for Private Hire Usage too. On my estimation, it should have clocked more than 150,000km by the 1.5 year mark. Really feel sorry for the buyer as the car was an accident car which was settled privately. 

On a side note, maybe some way to prevent this from happening will be that people will start posting the car photo will car plate digits masked out and tag along with a photo of the then mileage, or at the point when the car was sold or People who have rented a car and about to return to the company.

Most units affected should be the Mazda 3, Honda Vezel. For my case, it was a Toyota C-HR.

Why don't you start first?

Please post brand/ model / year of registration of the car and mileage at time of disposal. Would posting chassis /engine number helps? Might be more discreet. Without identification number of any kind,  the information is pretty useless. 

Don't think it will help much but if it does, MCF will be a must visit site for those buying pre owned.

• Praise 2

Well the larger part of the scan is for write off vehicle yo be resurrected. That risk of safety and harm towards the family is more important in my opinion than getting conned for stupidity or lack of integrity from the dealers.

plus the fact that the dealers could always say the car was sold with the mileage already tempered and hence is a victim of circumstance 

• Praise 1

This type of "good work" is as old as prostitution.

And like prostitution, will continue to be around beyond our living years.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Maddriver said:

Replacing your C4?

Edited by t0y0ta

I said it before but I'll say it again. If the LTA can require cars to go for inspections, its an easy task to record the odometer reading of the car at the time of inspection against the chassis number (because number plates change). The public should be able to carry out an online check for the last inspected odometer reading of any car to verify that the odometer reading has not been tampered with. 

Then ROV and now LTA can cook up elaborate Area Licensing Schemes, then ERP, and now satellite ERP but cannot solve such a simple issue? No revenue for them mean not a problem?

• Praise 14

16 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

I said it before but I'll say it again. If the LTA can require cars to go for inspections, its an easy task to record the odometer reading of the car at the time of inspection against the chassis number (because number plates change). The public should be able to carry out an online check for the last inspected odometer reading of any car to verify that the odometer reading has not been tampered with. 

Then ROV and now LTA can cook up elaborate Area Licensing Schemes, then ERP, and now satellite ERP but cannot solve such a simple issue? No revenue for them mean not a problem?

Perhaps things get done fast and efficient when its a source of income towatds nation building? ... lol

• Haha! 1

One joker say to me.. he sell the same car as me. He adjusted the odometer and i dont.. he managed to sell the car and mine stuck.. so? I also adjust la.. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5