2020 Sad to say tampered mileage cars still exist

TheCarDealer

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Well the larger part of the scan is for write off vehicle yo be resurrected. That risk of safety and harm towards the family is more important in my opinion than getting conned for stupidity or lack of integrity from the dealers.

plus the fact that the dealers could always say the car was sold with the mileage already tempered and hence is a victim of circumstance 

The solution is not complicated and won’t need a lot of investment.  G should really do something to fix this perennial issue instead of focusing so much on pofma and fixing the opposition. 

Just to make a few more Ks, people tamper with  odometer and risk the safety of the buyer and his / her passengers. How is this different from those evil businessmen who adulterated milk powder with melamine to make a few more bucks?  

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 3

4 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Why don't you start first?

Please post brand/ model / year of registration of the car and mileage at time of disposal. Would posting chassis /engine number helps? Might be more discreet. Without identification number of any kind,  the information is pretty useless. 

Don't think it will help much but if it does, MCF will be a must visit site for those buying pre owned.

Come to think of it, car plate number can be retained so it'll be diffcult to trace. I believe Make/Model + Chassis number should be sufficient enough.

For eg;
2018 Toyota Noah - Chassis ZWR8XXX1234

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Jp66 said:

looks like dealer sabo dealer😁

Dealer practice Fairplay, you say sabo.
Dealer Temper Mileage, you say used car dealer all the same.

Gong simi also salah. What else you want to add? 😭

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Well the larger part of the scan is for write off vehicle yo be resurrected. That risk of safety and harm towards the family is more important in my opinion than getting conned for stupidity or lack of integrity from the dealers.

plus the fact that the dealers could always say the car was sold with the mileage already tempered and hence is a victim of circumstance 

Most often than not, the dealer will show you "proof" like documentations that the car was bought at the current mileage. 

What people can do is to send it to AD workshop for AD cars, and their own workshop for checks. 

On top of that, send to AA or STA to evaluate the car.

1 hour ago, TheCarDealer said:

Dealer practice Fairplay, you say sabo.
Dealer Temper Mileage, you say used car dealer all the same.

Gong simi also salah. What else you want to add? 😭

Who is that dealer who tamper mileage?

6 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

I said it before but I'll say it again. If the LTA can require cars to go for inspections, its an easy task to record the odometer reading of the car at the time of inspection against the chassis number (because number plates change). The public should be able to carry out an online check for the last inspected odometer reading of any car to verify that the odometer reading has not been tampered with. 

Then ROV and now LTA can cook up elaborate Area Licensing Schemes, then ERP, and now satellite ERP but cannot solve such a simple issue? No revenue for them mean not a problem?

fully agreed, but I guess implementing this does not help generating revenue, thus lta decided not to do so.

6 hours ago, Maddriver said:

Replacing 13 years old partner..

Good idea

You going for a younger model?

:grin:

I don't think you are so mad after all.

19 minutes ago, Jp66 said:

fully agreed, but I guess implementing this does not help generating revenue, thus lta decided not to do so.

Maybe they can do this for safety reasons?

Or the safety of drivers don't mean anything to them?

If I bought a 50k car for my MIL and it turned out to be 550k

and the car failed her and she crashed and died I will never forget them.

Never.

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Never.

To help you find your dream car for you MIL, there are probably about 3 second-car dealers that you must avoid that will not tamper with the odometer. Chance is in your favour.

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

I said it before but I'll say it again. If the LTA can require cars to go for inspections, its an easy task to record the odometer reading of the car at the time of inspection against the chassis number (because number plates change). The public should be able to carry out an online check for the last inspected odometer reading of any car to verify that the odometer reading has not been tampered with. 

Then ROV and now LTA can cook up elaborate Area Licensing Schemes, then ERP, and now satellite ERP but cannot solve such a simple issue? No revenue for them mean not a problem?

If there is a way for LTA to make money for providing this service, there is a small chance that they will do it. Otherwise it is trouble they would want to avoid.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Maybe they can do this for safety reasons?

Or the safety of drivers don't mean anything to them?

Never.

Forgive but never forget...

... to send them hampers with XO every year. 

😁

• Haha! 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, Ct3833 said:

Or maybe the odo already have done  1 complete round 😄😄

We all might be laughing but in reality, generally taxi could do one complete odo in around 3 years. 😄😄

Edited by Ct3833

On 1/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, Soya said:

Apparently odo tampering isn't illegal in Sg

The onli way around it is to avoid buying those models usually used for PHV

Of course it is. Local prosecutors can find many sections to park under Cheating.

21 hours ago, Voodooman said:

The solution is not complicated and won’t need a lot of investment.  G should really do something to fix this perennial issue instead of focusing so much on pofma and fixing the opposition. 

Just to make a few more Ks, people tamper with  odometer and risk the safety of the buyer and his / her passengers. How is this different from those evil businessmen who adulterated milk powder with melamine to make a few more bucks?   

Ya lor, the solution is already there and ready to be deployed. Maye why not happening is because can't make enough money for them 🤣.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1