2020 Sad to say tampered mileage cars still exist

TheCarDealer

You can yukity Yuk whole week, tweaking odometer tales 2/3 hands to clap .  The owner, the tweaker and the car buyer.

what one don't know odo has been tweaked will not harm him, only what he does know

The owner need to tweak lower in order to sell his car speedily, be it trade-in value or to a blur buyer who care less, all he wanted a (shiny new coat of paint.4 new tyres and 6 months new road tax plus 2 complimentary car servicing ) *Red flag 

To the tweaker, he is paid a token fee to get the job done, we all know it and don't bell me no one knows nothing, for a car of 2/3 owners, mileage less than 100K, balance 2 year to drive . . . vs one owner with 2 year to drive at 125-130K mileage . . . the answer is pretty obvious [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

**SMR6596D**Forester XT

Anyone here knows the history or was the previous owner? 

Just hoping to check the 30k mileage as car dealer , Highline Auto at West Coast is selling it as a low mileage , 4yr old car - seems too good to be true.

When I test drive, steering big clicking/clocking sound when turned to the extremes. MotorImage found the steering rack to be damaged, says change whole steering rack for $3k/ BMS says $2.5k+. Highline send to Elite steering repairs and they are changing a second part...$500/3 mth warranty.

Your brutal comments if I should continue with the sale or forfeit my $2k deposit? Can I go to the Small Claims?

TIA

Edited by andynpepepr

27 minutes ago, andynpepepr said:

**SMR6596D**Forester XT

Just hoping to check the 30k mileage as car dealer , Highline Auto at West Coast is selling it as a low mileage , 4yr old car - seems too good to be true.

When I test drive, steering big clicking/clocking sound when turned to the extremes. MotorImage found the steering rack to be damaged, says change whole steering rack for $3k/ BMS says $2.5k+. Highline send to Elite steering repairs and they are changing a second part...$500/3 mth warranty.

Your brutal comments if I should continue with the sale or forfeit my $2k deposit? Can I go to the Small Claims?

TIA

Obviously tampered. U didn't test drive b4 putting down $2k deposit?

On 1/30/2020 at 8:35 PM, Turboflat4 said:

Exactly. 

I used to add things like max delivery mileage in my new car sales agreement, thinking I was being very smart. I started doing this after a bad experience with "Downtown Travel Services", an even more beng former subsidiary of the already damn beng MotorImage, where the super beng salesman put more than a 100+km on my brand new bugeye WRX under the pretext of installing a turbo timer. He had also left my car parked in the rain over at least one night, causing water spots on the midnight blue mica finish. After that, I started putting all these additional clauses into the agreements and getting the salesperson to sign off also.

Now I'm older and wiser. They'll just game the system to get around whatever clauses we put in.

first time heard of this max delivery mileage. shall consider it for my next car purchase [thumbsup]

On 2/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, andynpepepr said:

**SMR6596D**Forester XT

TIA

i never heard good things about west coast car mart.

some bro who bought a new shuttle from there, gave him a lower specs and a test driven car. quite a big problem he had considering his first new car purchase.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:22 AM, Maddriver said:

One joker say to me.. he sell the same car as me. He adjusted the odometer and i dont.. he managed to sell the car and mine stuck.. so? I also adjust la.. 😂

Now who is the joker???

On 2/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, andynpepepr said:

**SMR6596D**Forester XT

TIA

My three year old, 20k mileage FXT makes the same noise. Mileage might be accurate but these issues can prop up not due to mileage alone...

On 1/19/2020 at 3:36 PM, TheCarDealer said:

Most often than not, the dealer will show you "proof" like documentations that the car was bought at the current mileage. 

What people can do is to send it to AD workshop for AD cars, and their own workshop for checks. 

On top of that, send to AA or STA to evaluate the car.

Used car dealers will let you drive the car to AD to validate meh? And AD will provide such validation services meh? 

Just curious la, I'm noob here. 

Turbocharged
On 1/22/2020 at 9:36 AM, Darryn said:

The best, simplest and most efficient way - simply record the mileage at every inspection. It's easy to do - here in NZ is done every car 

How does the authority benefit from this to make it worth their effort?

If this becomes reality, with the extra part to check (mileage), they will find an excuse to raise the inspection fee.

Turbocharged
On 5/24/2020 at 1:04 AM, Vinceng said:

How does the authority benefit from this to make it worth their effort?

If this becomes reality, with the extra part to check (mileage), they will find an excuse to raise the inspection fee.

Authority benefits by providing better information to consumers and having a more robust vehicle licensing system with stronger consumer protection. 
In most countries, this is the aim / role of a regulator, maybe it's a little differing for Singapore Inc? 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 1:31 PM, andynpepepr said:

**SMR6596D**Forester XT

TIA

SMR plate a new plate I believe the previous owner has retain the old plate so previous owner might not notice.

BTW this car how many owner?

12 hours ago, Darryn said:

Authority benefits by providing better information to consumers and having a more robust vehicle licensing system with stronger consumer protection. 
In most countries, this is the aim / role of a regulator, maybe it's a little differing for Singapore Inc? 

Singapore regulator must make $$ to regulate a regulation.

↡ Advertisement