What did the pig do to deserve this?

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator
51 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

No my point is we have too few people championing the voiceless.

And my point is there are so many voiceless in this world, pick one that affects you the most and then go make some noise about it. 

I'm sure you don't go to a dog shelter asking the volunteers why they ain't helping the cats? That's a weak analogy but you get my gist right? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

A video of the event, posted online, showed the pig being pushed off a platform while tied to a bungee rope, amid cheering from a crowd of onlookers. The animal can be heard squealing as it struggled in the air.

The pig was later seen on top of the jumping platform, seemingly unconscious.

The park’s owner was quoted by the South China Morning Post (SCMP) as saying that they had the pig make the first jump “because pork prices have been very high this year and recently they dropped a bit”.

A public relations representative for the park said the animal was meant to be slaughtered for the Chinese New Year holiday, SCMP reported.

The ordeal was “just a bit of entertainment”, the representative reportedly said.

I pray to all human mankind to treat all animals, especially poultry animals that provide foods on the table for us, with fairness, kindness and humanity.

Please please conduct oneself properly or else after your death, thy will be reincarnated into one of them. " Om Mani Pahme Om X 3 " 

• Praise 2

Don't forget that all the "civilized" westerners, started off the space exploration programme by sending rodents, dogs, chimps first.

Same thing, subjecting uncomprehending animals to a bewildering environment, noise, G forces, zero G and the forces of re-entry (and these were the lucky ones that returned).

Only fault was that the pig was put thru this ordeal for no great purpose except maybe to test the bungee setup.

19 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

And my point is there are so many voiceless in this world, pick one that affects you the most and then go make some noise about it. 

I'm sure you don't go to a dog shelter asking the volunteers why they ain't helping the cats? That's a weak analogy but you get my gist right? 

There is no need to worry about cats! The issue has been brought up in Parliement, no less!

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Don't forget that all the "civilized" westerners, started off the space exploration programme by sending rodents, dogs, chimps first.

Same thing, subjecting uncomprehending animals to a bewildering environment, noise, G forces, zero G and the forces of re-entry (and these were the lucky ones that returned).

Only fault was that the pig was put thru this ordeal for no great purpose except maybe to test the bungee setup.

I know A.M themself are also guilty of animal abuse as much as others despite their loud noise on animal rights stuff.

But what the AM did is 1 thing. They do low level stuff dun mean we chinese (me) have to follow right or is an excuse etc.

I am sure we can behave better then them

These people are brainless. What are they trying to achieve and is it fun at all? Frankly, media should not publish such news. Somewhere there will be groups of brainless animals following such act. If really want to shame them, show their stupid faces and share their information. 

A very stupid act. 

#Failed marketing plan. 

Will have been much better if it's done by a person in pig costume. 

Or get all the characters of Journey to the West. 西游记。

Have Monkey, Horse, Dragon and Ox

Then ZhuBaijie will be the last to jump

The operator dresses as the monk, their master. pushing them off the bungee. 

On 1/20/2020 at 8:03 PM, BabyBlade said:

A video of the event, posted online, showed the pig being pushed off a platform while tied to a bungee rope, amid cheering from a crowd of onlookers. The animal can be heard squealing as it struggled in the air.

The pig was later seen on top of the jumping platform, seemingly unconscious.

The park’s owner was quoted by the South China Morning Post (SCMP) as saying that they had the pig make the first jump “because pork prices have been very high this year and recently they dropped a bit”.

A public relations representative for the park said the animal was meant to be slaughtered for the Chinese New Year holiday, SCMP reported.

The ordeal was “just a bit of entertainment”, the representative reportedly said.

This is just sad. They have no respect for animal life.

Edited by Watwheels

That why christian say "Grace" before their meals. "Grace" - a word of prayer and thanks for their meals. While buddhist also have to chant before their meals. I may be wrong, but it is a way of saying thanks and gratitude for the meals that they have. Just like we treat human with dignity, we must also treat animals that we eat with some respect and dignity too. 

Sorry to my muslim and hindu friends, but I am not sure - maybe someone could provide some inputs in order to share/enlightened the rest of us. 

• Praise 1