Confirm faulty MAF?

Goldenvodka

Guys urgent question before the cny holidays.

my vehicle idle speed has not been smooth since a couple of months ago. When engaged in reverse gear it’s vibrating badly.

Today, vehicle starts normally however it stalls after a couple of seconds, rpm getting too low.

Opened up the hood and disconnect the MAF sensor. It did not stall however check engine light is lited and the vehicle went into a limp mode. (Unable to engage over drive gear) 

Any ideas if this can conclude as a MAF sensor issue? Before I proceed with the repair cost of $330

ps, am on a road trip on the way back to SG. 1600km away 😞

Edited by Goldenvodka
↡ Advertisement

It could simply be, your engine air intake is choked, throttle at idling is too small, not enough air gets in and the engine stalled.

If you have change battery recently, an e-throttle car could have lost its memory and throttle position reset to default, but due to oil and grime in the throttle body, it blocks the air block at idle and engine stalled.

If you have an engine with cable throttle, the throttle body just needs a cleaning.

8 hours ago, Kb27 said:

It could simply be, your engine air intake is choked, throttle at idling is too small, not enough air gets in and the engine stalled.

If you have change battery recently, an e-throttle car could have lost its memory and throttle position reset to default, but due to oil and grime in the throttle body, it blocks the air block at idle and engine stalled.

If you have an engine with cable throttle, the throttle body just needs a cleaning.

My battery is about 1 month old.

have been travelling in very dusty environment for the past 400 500km

thanks for the advice. Vehicle is a e throttle for sure.

Best to get live log reading with varying engine rpm or voltage reading with a multimeter before throwing money into unnecessary part/repair. Any shop can do it. 

I suspect TB or vacuum issue if the recent battery change was of the car specification. 

Internal Moderator

I also suspect is TB or vacuum issues. Best is go and get it to fix. You save on repair and spend on petrol (I  don't think your fc is good with the idling problem) also the same.

13 hours ago, Goldenvodka said:

Guys urgent question before the cny holidays.

my vehicle idle speed has not been smooth since a couple of months ago. When engaged in reverse gear it’s vibrating badly.

Today, vehicle starts normally however it stalls after a couple of seconds, rpm getting too low.

Opened up the hood and disconnect the MAF sensor. It did not stall however check engine light is lited and the vehicle went into a limp mode. (Unable to engage over drive gear) 

Any ideas if this can conclude as a MAF sensor issue? Before I proceed with the repair cost of $330

ps, am on a road trip on the way back to SG. 1600km away 😞

It could also be fuel pump problem. Yes better let workshop check. 

maybe for cheap start. can try to clean the MAF sensor first with contact cleaner such as using WD40 brand contact cleaner. But TS has no choice i guess he is in malaysia?

19 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

maybe for cheap start. can try to clean the MAF sensor first with contact cleaner such as using WD40 brand contact cleaner. But TS has no choice i guess he is in malaysia?

I was in Phuket Thailand. Today just arrived back in Singapore.

kudos to the Suzuki agent service center in Phuket. They reset the onboard computer of my vehicle to make the check light go away hence I am able to drive it back to Singapore. Surprising they are well conversed in English and very helpful when I approached them for assistance. I can’t be limping a car limited to 80KM/h back to Singapore.

reseting it temporarily helps the car to drive normally: will get it check first thing tomorrow by my workshop.

2 hours ago, Goldenvodka said:

kudos to the Suzuki agent service center in Phuket. They reset the onboard computer of my vehicle to make the check light go away hence I am able to drive it back to Singapore. Surprising they are well conversed in English and very helpful when I approached them for assistance. I can’t be limping a car limited to 80KM/h back to Singapore.

reseting it temporarily helps the car to drive normally: will get it check first thing tomorrow by my workshop.

glad that the suzuki agent over at thai help you to temporary solve the issue. What is most important is to drive safe. yes please get it checked.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:25 AM, Goldenvodka said:

car fixed? confirmed MAF?