Those having steamboat over CNY, for awareness

alfakidz85

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I wouldn't eat steamboat this year after my MIL come back from Wuhan. 

:D

thats the best time you report her to authority and have her locked up... even she has no symptom also say you observed it...

Edited by Xers007
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

thats the best time you report her to authority and have her locked up... even she has no symptom also say you observed it...

Hehe I like your idea. 

:D

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

wah shit... i've one marble table top and one glass table top.

now which one should i choose this Fri... 😂 😅 😬

If its well supported (Even load distribution), it shouldn't be breaking into multiple pieces i supposed. It happens when the support are not throughout and have big gaps in the middle for aesthetic purposes.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Dleodleo said:

Just to share.  Also dun sit on glass or marble/granite coffee table.  One of my relatives  sat on the  glass coffee table and it cracked and cut her butts and thighs and need to go hospital for stitches. 

Another one sat on the grantie/marble coffee table and it broke into 2.  Luckily victim had no cut.

Maybe they will learn the meaning of "table".

It is for  putting stuffs on, not for sitting.

What you sit on is called a CHAIR.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

How was it? I've not tried any of these glass bridges myself. Still can't be sure whether I'll do so if/when i come across one, ha ha... 😅

For me, no issue because i don't have height phobia. Those who don't dare to look out from high building, cannot lah. Of course if it collapses,  it is the end of the story. There is always risk. Once a life time experience,  must try. Like that hot air balloon how? Haha

Edited by Victor68
  • Praise 1

Scary. My old glass dining table used for the last 20 years has even less support, it rests on 4 points with rubber grips. The 4 legs are held together with another piece of glass which forms a second tier below. And we used to eat steamboat with it for every CNY. But our steamboat is the regular heating plate type, not induction.

A year back I replaced the table with an IKEA wooden dining table which is extendable, to accommodate my extended family. Now I'm thankful I made the decision to change the table.

• Haha! 1

45 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

For me, no issue because i don't have height phobia. Those who don't dare to look out from high building, cannot lah. Of course if it collapses,  it is the end of the story. There is always risk. Once a life time experience,  must try. Like that hot air balloon how? Haha

If got height phobia, no matter the bridge made of what material also dont dare to cross it de.

5 hours ago, Xers007 said:

The table seems a tad too long without support in the middle. if all the load in the middle it will buckle and explode.

It's a badly designed table. 

Pls dont buy from the company 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Maybe they will learn the meaning of "table".

It is for  putting stuffs on, not for sitting.

What you sit on is called a CHAIR.

坐子=table in Chinland.😆

I think heat and weight are the small contributing factor. The tempered glass is probably a lemon. I suspect the tempering process was not done properly.

I use an induction stove for my family early reunion dinner last weekend. I can touch the base of the stove without problem immediately after shutting it off. It is nowhere as hot as a burning stove. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Dleodleo said:

Just to share.  Also dun sit on glass or marble/granite coffee table.  One of my relatives  sat on the  glass coffee table and it cracked and cut her butts and thighs and need to go hospital for stitches. 

Another one sat on the grantie/marble coffee table and it broke into 2.  Luckily victim had no cut.

They thicc chicks huh ?👌 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Enye said:

wah...my dining table glass one, round top supported in the centre nia

my 3 gas burner stove also glass one

both used 20 years already.....now this news make me worried

😓

if 20 yr no break, i think already past the at-risk period liao. No need scared... my stove broke after 2 yr+. replacement set now ~6 yr liao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1