Those having steamboat over CNY, for awareness

alfakidz85

4 hours ago, Victor68 said:

For me, no issue because i don't have height phobia. Those who don't dare to look out from high building, cannot lah. Of course if it collapses,  it is the end of the story. There is always risk. Once a life time experience,  must try. Like that hot air balloon how? Haha

height phobia is dun have. But old liao more kiasi, so dunno whether will cold feet or not leh 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

You see, most people don't think about safety.

If it hasn't happened to me yet, it will never happen, that's the thinking.

I have a coffee table from Ikea with a glass top. No matter how tempered the glass is or how safe it's claimed to be, I won't put anything more than glass, cups, plates, forks and spoons on it. Try cooking on top of the glass is just playing the russian roulette game.

• Praise 5

Glass itself has impurities during the manufacturing process. So, that piece of glass you owned, when will it shatters, you won't know. External impact, changes in environment will triggers it.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, Kb27 said:

You shouldn't try your luck with glass table, esp when there's heat and heavy weights involved.

Glass table is meant to put your drinks, your coffee, snacks, that sort of thing.

This glass table also look quite insecure. It seems to be resting on 4 plastic suckers, which means the glass could shift if someone is pushing or leaning on it and will land on the ground in any case.

For goodness sake, just get a solid wood dining table (from Ikea) and you're unlikely to face this kind of problem.

The problem is extreme temperature changes from cold to hot and hot to cold. It is the sudden quick expension and contrection of the glass that may shuttle it. So yeah better not to put hot pot on glass table. Imagine glass table in aircon room, then on hot pot, the table from cold to become hot very fast, worst is when there is soup spill that further worsen it. 

It's not the heat

It's the CMI design of the glass top that sits unsupported along the edge that's prone to bending 

• Praise 2

I'm using this type can be extended, used for steamboat few times so far no issue. The glass is quite thick. The one posted by them seems very fragile and due to big size i think shouldn't even put any hot thing on top. 

20200122_100721.jpg

19 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I wouldn't eat steamboat this year after my MIL come back from Wuhan. 

:D

Ask her try walking on those China glass bridge. View very shiok. Higher the bridge the better 😁 Can ask them do hotpot meal specially for her up there

• Haha! 2

The ppl at the table may be pressing on the table surface with their arms and body weight. The weight distribution is in the 4 corners and no support in the middle. Poor design. No wonder the table top crashed.

This table buy from taobao is it?😂

Edited by Watwheels

1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

I'm using this type can be extended, used for steamboat few times so far no issue. The glass is quite thick. The one posted by them seems very fragile and due to big size i think shouldn't even put any hot thing on top. 

20200122_100721.jpg

This one got base support.. So can't shuttle.. 

• Praise 1

On 1/21/2020 at 10:27 AM, Atrecord said:

So i guess you also not a fan of this type right? 😆

China-new-glass-bridge-600x360.jpg

lol those are acrylic panels. Not glass bah.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Ask her try walking on those China glass bridge. View very shiok. Higher the bridge the better 😁 Can ask them do hotpot meal specially for her up there

When I went to Hokkaido for winter I bought some spikes for shoes to walk on the ice. 

They are just like little ice picks. 

I will get her to wear when she goes on the glass bridge and ask her to jump on the glass and take a selfie. 

• Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Soya said:

It's not the heat

It's the CMI design of the glass top that sits unsupported along the edge that's prone to bending 

Agree, I wanted to point that out too...my rectangular glass top has multiple rest points including the middle.

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

lol those are acrylic panels. Not glass bah.

oh is it? But for sure China got those glass bridges right? Or do you mean every single one is acrylic?

4 hours ago, Yewheng said:

The problem is extreme temperature changes from cold to hot and hot to cold. It is the sudden quick expension and contrection of the glass that may shuttle it. So yeah better not to put hot pot on glass table. Imagine glass table in aircon room, then on hot pot, the table from cold to become hot very fast, worst is when there is soup spill that further worsen it. 

wah... then i think in those siberia or other extreme cold countries, lagi cannot use glass top to eat steamboat liao...

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

When I went to Hokkaido for winter I bought some spikes for shoes to walk on the ice. 

They are just like little ice picks. 

I will get her to wear when she goes on the glass bridge and ask her to jump on the glass and take a selfie. 

wah lao visitors are supposed to wear clothed socks leh those bridges. you ask her wear spikes, then better evacuate everyone else first hor... 😝

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

oh is it? But for sure China got those glass bridges right? Or do you mean every single one is acrylic?

I didn't read chinese translation. But i assumed acrylic.

The weight and the durability are all superior except acrylic can get scratched.

Edited by Lala81

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I didn't read chinese translation. But i assumed acrylic.

The weight and the durability are all superior except acrylic can get scratched.

alamak... i tot you got inside info 😆

supposed to have quite a number of glass bridges in the world leh. Most in China... dunno whether got bluff people or not lah... 😅

https://goodyfeed.com/7-scariest-glass-bridges-world-daredevils-dare-try/

27 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wah lao visitors are supposed to wear clothed socks leh those bridges. you ask her wear spikes, then better evacuate everyone else first hor... 😝

The socks are to prevent scratching the glass and not against cracking it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1