Singapore Airshow 2020 Returns On 15 Feb, With Insane Flight Displays & Superhero Cameos

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Singapore Airshow 2020 Returns On 15 Feb, With Insane Flight Displays & Superhero Cameos

Source: https://mustsharenews.com/singapore-airshow-2020/

Singapore-Airshow-2020-Returns-On-15-Feb

Singapore Airshow 2020 Back On 15 & 16 Feb For Public Entry

Every 2 years, the much-loved Singapore Airshow 2020 takes to the skies to create unforgettable memories for our young aspiring pilots.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-8.jpg

This year’s public entry dates have been announced — aka Saturday (15 Feb) & Sunday (16 Feb). Definitely a memorable day out with the kiddos, if you can snag the coveted tickets, that is.

Here’s all you need to know about what’s in store for guests, before you decide if it’s worth jio-ing the fam.

Insane flight displays from Korea & Singapore teams

Casual fans of the Singapore’s very own Black Knights will recall iconic roaring displays in the skies during National Day.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-10-scaled.jpg

The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) team will also be putting on a 15-min aerial display — breezing through 15 daring air manoeuvres to show off the agility of F-16C & F-15SG aircrafts.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-11.jpg

If previous shows are anything to go by, you can expect everything from coloured smoke whirls in the shape of hearts, daredevil somersaults & heart-stopping, plane tumbling aerial displays.

Singapore-Airshow-2020.jpg

Teams from Thailand & Indonesia are expected to join in the fun, taking part in shows that occur twice daily.

Do make sure that you arrive at least 15 mins before each show begins to chope a good spot in the plaza.Singapore-Airshow-2020-2.jpg

Here’s when the shows will occur on each public day:

Saturday (15 Feb): 11.30am–12.10pm & 2.30–3.10 pm

Sunday (16 Feb): 11.30am–12.10pm & 2.30–3.10 pm

Climb inside a viking jet at the static display section

The coordinated regional flight displays may be jaw-dropping but you’ll need to find other things to do to make your the price of admission worthwhile.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-13.jpg

Taking a leisurely stroll within the expansive static display section may just do the trick.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-3.jpg

Besides rows and rows of business jets lined up along the aisles for the affluent to purchase, there’ll also be interactive experiences in store for the public.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-6.jpg

This will be your once-in-a-lifetime chance to climb into the latest Boeing 737 aircrafts or explore the inside of military jets.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-9.jpg

We hear that Canada’s famed viking jet will be making an appearance so do look out for that too.

Meet superheroes, mascots & pilots IRL

While touring the premises, you may notice some oddly dressed men & women in skin-tight suits making their rounds as well.

That’s because the airshow invite has been extended to popular Marvel Avengers like Captain America, Hawkeye & Spider-Man.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-7.jpg

Besides superheroes, you’ll get your chance to meet heroes closer to home too. Pilots behind the insane displays will patiently await their fans at the Exhibitors Club, to strike up conversations or dish out autographs.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-4.jpg

A pair of mascots named Captain Leo & Leonette will be lying in wait for photo ops throughout the show. We expect that only the kiddos will be interested, so give this a miss if you’re not young at heart.

All Meet & Greet schedules & timings will be released closer to the date of the event on their website.

Journey to the East may well be worth it

Changi may be every Westie’s nightmare destination but we promise that for the crazy flight displays alone, a bi-annual pilgrimage to the airshow may well be worth it.

The Singapore Airshow 2020 will be held at Changi Exhibition Centre, a short ride away from Changi Airport or the Singapore Expo.

Changi Exhibition Centre

Address: 9 Aviation Park Road, Singapore 498760
Public Dates: 15 & 16 Feb 2020
Nearest MRT: Expo MRT Station
Public Transport: Free Airshow Shuttle at Singapore Expo, Hall 7 (Foyer). 2-way service is complimentary for all visitors with valid tickets.

Here’s the detailed schedule for the bus timings, which run at regular 5-min intervals.

Singapore-Airshow-2020-12.jpg

Prepare for security screenings at the shuttle bus boarding point. All guests are “advised to travel light” to “expedite” the process.

You aren’t advised to drive there unless you can afford a parking pass. As per the website, it costs a whopping $140/day to park on the premises.

Note that only vehicles with a valid Singapore Airshow 2020 vehicle label will be allowed access into the exhibition site.

Public ticketing info & prices

So how much does a day at the Singapore Airshow cost for a public visitor? Inclusive of the flight displays, static displays & convention hall exhibition with tons of free merch & badges, we think it’s pretty affordable — sans the parking fee of course.

Adult – S$27

Child (3-12 years) – S$14

Group Package (4 tickets & 1 carpark label) – S$192

*Admission is free for children below 3 years of age. Please note that re-admission is not allowed. All prices are inclusive of 7% GST & a complimentary return shuttle bus service to the Expo.

You can head over to their Sistic website to book your tickets now. Fastest fingers first though, they do sell out pretty fast.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I always find the aerial display more or less like quite similar lo. Lol. Going to the airshow, i find quite tiring, cause under the sun many hours if see aerial display and static display and also the queueing to get onto the planes. Unless really a big fan for airshow if not lazy to go.

Edited by 13177

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

This is mycarforum right? 

Now also myaeroplaneforum? Buy a new aeroplane to celebrate the new year? Heh

Motorshow finish liao, now promoting aeroplane show. hahaha.

• Haha! 4

19 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

Taxis and Grab cars can go in to drop off and pick up? 

Think PHV cannot? Taxi maybe?

Edited by 13177

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I always find the aerial display more or less like quite similar lo. Lol. Going to the airshow, i find quite tiring, cause under the sun many hours if see aerial display and static display and also the queueing to get onto the planes. Unless really a big fan for airshow if not lazy to go. 

I used to love going, when I was younger. But Q left and right to see planes, to go anywhere. And in the scorching sun.

Watching a movie in an air-conditioned cinema sounds much more relaxing.

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Hydrocarbon said:

I used to love going, when I was younger. But Q left and right to see planes, to go anywhere. And in the scorching sun.

Watching a movie in an air-conditioned cinema sounds much more relaxing.

This is what i meant, the scorching sun really can make me headache, also taking the shuttle bus quite a distance from expo to the airshow site. I guess i stay at home laying on my sofa more relaxing. But har, unless can drive into the airshow site area and parked there, maybe still can consider going. Lol.

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Spend 3 billion plus... knn the f35 this year better show how it transform to gundam.

• Haha! 3

13 hours ago, Lala81 said:

This is mycarforum right? 

Now also myaeroplaneforum? Buy a new aeroplane to celebrate the new year? Heh

what to do, the unpaid old mods did a fantastic job in merging threads, then the unpaid new mods did a even better job in chasing away members they dont like, and digging out old threads to merge with new threads

The job is so well done that now hardly anyone bothers even to start new threads, so the paid mods need to do the thread starting job lor. 

When the BOSS say starting new threads everyday becomes part of the KPI, there really is not much choice... 

Give chance lah...[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:59 AM, Estrangable said:

i think the question shd be.... which AD is sponsoring this event? Can go grab those event cars

Yah, which brand ah?

I signed up as a driver. Anyone here as well?

Who worked as one before? How was the experience?

Edited by Fcw75