How many kids do you have? local singaporeans only

Wind30

How many kids do you have  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How many kids do you have?

• 6+

Kind of curious. how many kids do singaporeans have? What makes you stop there?

Is there anything the government can do that will encourage you to have more kids?

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

I have 2 kids. One Girl one boy.

I stopped there because bringing up the baby is tiring, all the sleepless nights, fall sick, etc. My reasoning is that the extra pain, work involved is not worth the third child. Law of diminishing returns. 

In fact, my second kid was not planned. I wanted to have one only.

What will make me have more kids?? Better support especially at the age 0-2... High quality infant care... a place where you can trust that you can put the baby there for maybe half a day. Must be affordable too.

More childcare leave. 2 weeks.

• Praise 12
  • Sad 1

Internal Moderator

Zero! 😇 Don't think I'll ever want a kid too. Too much responsibility, commitment. Can't see a kid fitting in with my current lifestyle or in the foreseeable future. Huge respect to those with kids though. Maybe eventually I'll settle for a dog or a cat.

• Praise 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 3

Surprisingly i started to see more couples are having more than 3 children, quite many of  them with 4-5 children is a common thing now.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I stopped there because bringing up the baby is tiring, all the sleepless nights, fall sick, etc. My reasoning is that the extra pain, work involved is not worth the third child. Law of diminishing returns. 

What will make me have more kids?? Better support especially at the age 0-2... High quality infant care... a place where you can trust that you can put the baby there for maybe half a day. Must be affordable too.

you probably belongs to the old school, still thinking 2 is enough and putting all the resources and attention on only 2 so they get the best.

Unless you have child after 40s or even 50s, you should still be able to cope physically, but can see your concern or you are worrying too much, worry this worry that..... (rich people problem [laugh])

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Surprisingly i started to see more couples are having more than 3 children, quite many of  them with 4-5 children is a common thing now.

Ahemmm....maybe u hang around the fertility clinic too often? Lol

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Same exact story here.

• Praise 2

25 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Zero! 😇 Don't think I'll ever want a kid too. Too much responsibility, commitment. Can't see a kid fitting in with my current lifestyle or in the foreseeable future. Huge respect to those with kids though. Maybe eventually I'll settle for a dog or a cat.

Its a LOT of responsibility and commitment no doubt. But ask any parent whether it is worth it?

My kids are really the best thing that happened to me in my life and you only know that AFTER you have kids.

• Praise 8

49 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Zero here too! But also unmarried.

Maybe got kid running around, but I also don't know 🤣

I see my friends with kids (mostly between the ages of 0 and 3 years old), their life revolves around their kids. First few months, sleep deprived, then afterwards, still energy deprived. Some of them say it's worth it, others, just say have kids then will know the "joy". But somehow, I find more joy in looking at cars than at kids. Plus, kids are expensive.

• Haha! 6

Won't trade my kids for anything.  They are priceless. Makes me a better person too. Not saying those without kids are bad people but you don't know what you are missing, the joy, the grief and all those worries, etc. Part of my journey. If I had married younger, I would have maybe 1 more. 

• Praise 15

I married at 40. Never intend to have kid. But my wife managed to convince me to at least try.

So we tried....Sadly,  she got 2 miscarriages in 3 years. Each miscarriage was heartbreaking. But just as both of us had given up, our GOD was kind to us and send us a boy. Although, his growing stage was a tough one, but was both rewarding and enjoyable  . My wife and I never look back. 

This priceless gift completes our life.

I intend to have 3,  if I marry younger

• Praise 24
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
37 minutes ago, Hydrocarbon said:

I see my friends with kids (mostly between the ages of 0 and 3 years old), their life revolves around their kids. First few months, sleep deprived, then afterwards, still energy deprived. Some of them say it's worth it, others, just say have kids then will know the "joy". But somehow, I find more joy in looking at cars than at kids. Plus, kids are expensive.

Single, unmarried, kid-less. Beat that. [flowerface]

• Praise 5

Two. I stopped at two. The only reason I have the 2nd one is to keep the 1st one company.

Nurturing a baby needs a fulltime father or mother. It is exhausting to work and to raise a baby simultaneously.  The structure of the present society, which predominantly full time working father and mother, is not baby-friendly.  

• Praise 7

53 minutes ago, Hydrocarbon said:

Once you have kids, you will be revolving around them until they have at least reached secondary school lo.

Edited by 13177